Thread: Flyers/Leafs

All League
    Time to see how far the Flyers have come, first adversity so far.

They lose today in PHI and its over.

Every game this series I've been working so havent seen enough to judge, but looks like Recchi and Johnny have been very quiet, got to bring it today.

Keith Primeau looked awesome yesterday afternoon. Worried about Esche....Malakov.

Costly turnovers by the Leafs. They were NEVER in the game yesterday. I'm opening my big mouth here...but I think the Flyers have one more game to play.

All League
    I have to admit that the Flyers could not have played any better than yesterday-Primeau was a monster out there-looks like he was playing for his new contract. Their downfall will be if Esche is out indefinitely -Burke will not win the big games -Esche has mostly allowed freaky goals just about been near perfect

All League
    I have to admit that the Flyers could not have played any better than yesterday-Primeau was a monster out there-looks like he was playing for his new contract. Their downfall will be if Esche is out indefinitely -Burke will not win the big games -Esche has mostly allowed freaky goals just about been near perfect

Originally posted by faba@May 3 2004, 07:25 AM
    How about that wrap-around goal by Handzus? The Flyers were skating circles around them. Up until yesterday, they were outplayed. Bring on the Lightning!

All League
    The Flyers have to continue to push to the net and out physical the Leafs. Brian Leetch even though I respect the guy is not going to outmuscle any of those Flyer forwards. The Leafs defensemen do not impress me one bit-especially McCabe with unforced errors. I think the Flyers definitely in 7.

Originally posted by faba@May 3 2004, 10:40 AM
    The Flyers have to continue to push to the net and out physical the Leafs. Brian Leetch even though I respect the guy is not going to outmuscle any of those Flyer forwards. The Leafs defensemen do not impress me one bit-especially McCabe with unforced errors. I think the Flyers definitely in 7.
    We're finishing the job tomorrow night. Forget Game 7.

Leetch was -3 yesterday. OUCH.

All League
    [Gang Green Girl
    We're finishing the job tomorrow night. Forget Game 7.
    Leetch was -3 yesterday. OUCH ]

GGG,
    I admire your confidence and support of your team -I still think Flyers will not win in Toronto and will have to go home to win this series-Lightening will be REAL RESTED for the winner.
    I would not mind myself resting in Tampa -80's and sunny!

All League
    Couldnt ask for more than that...well maybe one more thing, how about a close-out in game 6 to get some rest for TB.

Tampa Bay and Stanley Cup finals just doesn't sound right to me....

All League
    Defenseman Vladimir Malakhov is doubtful, however, for Tuesday night's game at Toronto because he injured his head during Philadelphia's 7-2 victory Sunday.
    Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock wouldn't say whether Malakhov has a concussion. The defenseman will participate in the morning skate Tuesday, then be evaluated

I am pretty surprised with the hitting along the boards more players do not have concussion type symptoms.

faba: The Leafs/Flyers have each played well at home. However, my confidence comes from the game yesterday. The Flyers will close it out tomorrow. Watch and learn, my child!! I know best.

Can't believe Malakov has a concussion. What is wrong with these Flyers? I was worried about Roenick yesterday, too. He looked like he was in lots of pain. Yikes.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Did you see the hit Tucker put on Sami Kapanin

May have been the best hockey hit I've ever seen

Sami is one tough SOB for even getting up!!