Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santana...

new to the board...see a lot of talk about chad, martin and the D...how do you guys feel about Moss this year??? one year wonder or keeper?

All Pro
    No no noot a 1 year wonder this dude santana been on the brink of fortune for a long time he broke off a little something last season he ready for prime time now....

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetdawg[/i]@May 2 2004, 06:51 PM
    [b] No no noot a 1 year wonder this dude santana been on the brink of fortune for a long time he broke off a little something last season he ready for prime time now.... [/b][/quote]
    Translation, Santana Moss will be a Pro Bowler for the next 8 years. :D

Veteran
    Santana Moss is not the real deal yet, I'll give you a 95% gurantee though that after this season he will be. With McCareins on the opposite side, Moss will not slow down like at the end of last season when he was getting double teamed.

All Pro
    Moss is the man

If the kid can stay injury free I GUARANTEE you he will on of the best in the business

carve it in stone people

fast, good hands, Miami U, good routes, smart...........ready to run through a wall to win.

how can this kid not be for real.

Veteran
    [quote][b]ready to run through a wall[/b][/quote]

i hope that wall is made of paper

Santana Moss did what he did last year as a marked man ... the only WR worth paying attention too

With McCareins on board {the perfect compliment}, I believe Moss will at least pick right up where he left off ... and possibly even exceed last years performance

Hall Of Fame
    He had a great year in '03. I hope he can keep it up (at least until his contract expires).

JMac will be a HUGE help! take away all those annoying double teams, he should breakout this year.

This kid can play. Him and McCarriens are gonna be very good togheter. If the Defense can play up to wat they are capable of well be in the playoffs.

Veteran
    santana is da man. should go to the probowl this year. the best thing about him is the fact that he really wants to win and would do anything to better the team.

should have been a pro bowler last year ahead of H. Ward. Hopefully J-Mac will free up Moss a bit this year and he can reproduce those numbers. Regardless, dude seems to just find the end zone.

Anybody who doubts Santana Moss.... "should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!!!" - Tony Kornheiser]

Santana is the man!!! He'll be sportin an AFC uni in Hawaii soon enough!!!

[quote][i]Originally posted by MartinCez[/i]@May 2 2004, 11:15 PM
    [b] should have been a pro bowler last year ahead of H. Ward. Hopefully J-Mac will free up Moss a bit this year and he can reproduce those numbers. Regardless, dude seems to just find the end zone. [/b][/quote]
    Nah man, Heinz War played better than Moss....Even I admit that!

The answer to your question will be found in Santana Moss's stat line at the end of the 2004 season.

Until then, all he has proven is that he had a great season (his only decent season of 3 so far) in 2003, when he was admittedly the only quality WR on the active roster.

This season WILL answer this question IMO.

Santana deserved to be a pro bowler over D. Mason. Mason had a MVP QB. Santana had two diff QBs, and absolutly no depth at WR. This year is gonna be big for him. cant wait to see him and chad in Hawaii.

All League
    he's got all the tools and then some, and now has a few years in the system so he's got the learning curve in his favor. I'd like to see him lose the alligator arms though, makes me question his toughness. Hines ward'll catch a ball in a minefield. Santana's got him on everything else though. (okay, maybe Hines blocks better too.)

[quote][i]Originally posted by MartinCez[/i]@May 2 2004, 11:15 PM
    [b] should have been a pro bowler last year ahead of H. Ward. [/b][/quote]
    whoa, thats some hardcore bias...

didnt ward have over 100 rec last year?

he did have 95 compared to moss' 74 but they were almost same in YDS, same # of TDs, and remember he didn't get in the starting lineup until week 5. Maybe somewhat biased, but not way off. I don't know about him making it in front of Mason though.