Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: PREAKNESS

Brenjetsfan
    Jumba...joisey its that time again!! I had a blast last year....lets see if the YANKEES are in Camden Yards that weekend....?? :rolleyes:

All League
    Me and my boys are actually gonna go down to Pimlico on the 15th...

The Orioles are in town, and they'll be playing the Angles @ 7pm. If you haven't been to Camden Yards, it's a must see....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Infield again? B :P :) bs and beer. Why not? O's on fri, Preakness saturday. I'm in. Go Smarty Go.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

That was quick JUMBA , BRENDA YOU KNOW I`m in....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Wait, what weekend is this? :unsure: I know I said I'm in but I didn't ask the dates?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@May 2 2004, 09:34 PM
    [b] Wait, what weekend is this? :unsure: I know I said I'm in but I didn't ask the dates? [/b][/quote]
    5/15, 2 weeks from yesterday.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet+May 2 2004, 09:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JumbalayaJet @ May 2 2004, 09:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@May 2 2004, 09:34 PM
    [b] Wait, what weekend is this? :unsure: I know I said I&#39;m in but I didn&#39;t ask the dates? [/b][/quote]
    5/15, 2 weeks from yesterday. [/b][/quote]
    :( No can do........ :(

We should all go to Belmont if Smarty Jones wins the Preakness ... cause this horse will finish the job where so many others have failed

I Got a Good feeling about this horse ... he may not have the breeding, but all he does is WIN

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@May 2 2004, 09:49 PM
    [b] :( No can do........ :( [/b][/quote]
    You can&#39;t miss the b...well OK, we&#39;ll have a brew for ya.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@May 2 2004, 09:54 PM
    [b] We should all go to Belmont if Smarty Jones wins the Preakness ... cause this horse will finish the job where so many others have failed

I Got a Good feeling about this horse ... he may not have the breeding, but all he does is WIN [/b][/quote]
    I`d like to do that i`ve never made belmont

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I do think we&#39;ll see a Triple Crown. That was the most impressive move I&#39;ve seen in quite some time. All they have to do is keep him healthy. One thing I didn&#39;t like is the time it took for the jock to get off the horse after the race. They had to wait about 20 minutes for the owner to get to the winner&#39;s circle to take the picture. Poor nag almost collapsed. I also don&#39;t like his trainer, so if the horse can stay out of trouble he could make history.

Belmont is the best of all 3 tracks, in that you can actually see the horses and the admission is only &#036;2. If only they had the infield scene like the Preakness and Derby.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet+May 2 2004, 09:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JumbalayaJet @ May 2 2004, 09:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@May 2 2004, 09:49 PM
    [b] :( No can do........ :( [/b][/quote]
    You can&#39;t miss the b...well OK, we&#39;ll have a brew for ya. [/b][/quote]
    You know why I can&#39;t go.........but, yes, have a beer for me......call me from there........... ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:06 PM
    [b] You know why I can&#39;t go.........but, yes, have a beer for me......call me from there........... ;) [/b][/quote]
    Cancel that trip. The fun is in Baltimore.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Bren.......I sent some Sophia photo&#39;s to your email address.......... ;)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet+May 2 2004, 10:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JumbalayaJet @ May 2 2004, 10:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:06 PM
    [b] You know why I can&#39;t go.........but, yes, have a beer for me......call me from there........... ;) [/b][/quote]
    Cancel that trip. The fun is in Baltimore. [/b][/quote]
    :o

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:06 PM
    [b] I do think we&#39;ll see a Triple Crown. That was the most impressive move I&#39;ve seen in quite some time. All they have to do is keep him healthy. One thing I didn&#39;t like is the time it took for the jock to get off the horse after the race. They had to wait about 20 minutes for the owner to get to the winner&#39;s circle to take the picture. Poor nag almost collapsed. I also don&#39;t like his trainer, so if the horse can stay out of trouble he could make history. [/b][/quote]
    Jumba, I am actually going against conventional wisdom here ... I believe his toughest race will be the Preakness

If he wins the Preakness I think he&#39;ll win the Belmont in a virtual cakewalk

Why?

Cause I think he&#39;s clearly the best horse in the field ... fastest thing on four legs ... but I fear he may have a rough ride in a crowed field and at a shorter distance ... could get bumped, boxed, or both

The Belmont will be a smaller field and a longer distance ... no doubt he&#39;ll have a clear path to run like the wind after the pretenders fall off the pace ... at which point I can&#39;t see any horse beating him

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Fells Point here we come &#33;&#33;&#33; :D :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I think the Pimlico oval suits his style. It&#39;s a speed-favoring track with tight turns. The only thing to worry about is maybe a fresher horse getting position on him. The Preakness won&#39;t be a tiny field, but not many from the Derby will want to try him again. The jockeys from Imperialism and The Cliff&#39;s Edge offered excuses, so maybe they&#39;ll enter. Think they&#39;ll have the same view, though.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jumba, that would have been so cool too, my cousin lives in Baltimore......I would have loved to see him.........I love the Harbor.........

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jetgirl

Why can&#39;t you go? Not like you to miss a party&#33;&#33; :o