Thread: JOY......

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Entry Word: joy
    Function: noun
    Text:
    Synonyms: PLEASURE 2, delectation, delight, enjoyment, fruition, joyance
    Related Words: ecstasy, rapture, transport
    Joy is when: We are able to watch the Boston Red Sox get [b]swept[/b] on national television :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

As a Mets fan I can say this: Boston $^c&s.

All League
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:39 PM
    [b] Joy is when: We are able to watch the Boston Red Sox get [b]swept[/b] on national television :D [/b][/quote]
    Especially on a day when the Yanks run their winning streak to six.

[quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:39 PM
    [b] Entry Word: joy
    Function: noun
    Text:
    Synonyms: PLEASURE 2, delectation, delight, enjoyment, fruition, joyance
    Related Words: ecstasy, rapture, transport
    Joy is when: We are able to watch the Boston Red Sox get [b]swept[/b] on national television :D [/b][/quote]
    Once a Yankee, Always a Yankee ... Soriano can't get it out of his blood ... still loves to torment the Red Sox :D

I never understood why Yankees fans took enjoyment in Red Sox losses. It's not anything new shouldn't we all have become numb to it in 86 years?

Side note: It's about time Mussina got his sh*t together.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:49 PM
    [b]
    Once a Yankee, Always a Yankee ... Soriano can't get it out of his blood ... still loves to torment the Red Sox :D [/b][/quote]
    I hope he comes home next year.

The guy is phenominal.....and we could use his speed!!

Dammit, wish we could have found a way to secure Arod and keep Soriano ... facing this lineup would be like meeting your executioner

[quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+May 2 2004, 10:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ May 2 2004, 10:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:49 PM
    [b]
    Once a Yankee, Always a Yankee ... Soriano can&#39;t get it out of his blood ... still loves to torment the Red Sox :D [/b][/quote]
    I hope he comes home next year.

The guy is phenominal.....and we could use his speed&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    The Mets are kicking themselves in the ass right now regretting every second they could of traded for him when they had the chance. Now they have a shortstop who&#39;ll play less then Grant Hill.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jetlag[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:52 PM
    [b] The Mets are kicking themselves in the ass right now regretting every second they could of traded for him when they had the chance. Now they have a shortstop who&#39;ll play less then Grant Hill. [/b][/quote]
    I can&#39;t believe the Mets were offered Soriano for Reyes and said "NO" ... what in the world were they thinking? :huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jetlag[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:52 PM
    [b] Now they have a shortstop who&#39;ll play less then Grant Hill. [/b][/quote]
    Tell me about it. I&#39;ve never heard of a chronic hammy before.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+May 2 2004, 10:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ May 2 2004, 10:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jetlag[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:52 PM
    [b] The Mets are kicking themselves in the ass right now regretting every second they could of traded for him when they had the chance. Now they have a shortstop who&#39;ll play less then Grant Hill. [/b][/quote]
    I can&#39;t believe the Mets were offered Soriano for Reyes and said "NO" ... what in the world were they thinking? :huh: [/b][/quote]
    They were thinking "How can we offer our fan base an even worst team then last year?"

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jetlag+May 2 2004, 10:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jetlag @ May 2 2004, 10:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Green Jets & Ham@May 2 2004, 10:54 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Jetlag[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:52 PM
    I can&#39;t believe the Mets were offered Soriano for Reyes and said "NO" ... what in the world were they thinking? :huh: [/b][/quote]
    They were thinking "How can we offer our fan base an even worst team then last year?" [/b][/quote]
    JL, I didn&#39;t realize you were a Met fan..........the more the merrier.......haha, we can suffer together.......I had trouble falling asleep last night so I put the game on, knocked me right out......... :P

I HATE FRED WILPON&#33; I AM A METS FAN AND I WEEP DAILY&#33; DAMN YANKEES&#33;&#33;&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+May 2 2004, 11:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ May 2 2004, 11:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Jetlag@May 2 2004, 10:57 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Green Jets & Ham@May 2 2004, 10:54 PM
    They were thinking "How can we offer our fan base an even worst team then last year?" [/b][/quote]
    JL, I didn&#39;t realize you were a Met fan..........the more the merrier.......haha, we can suffer together.......I had trouble falling asleep last night so I put the game on, knocked me right out......... :P [/b][/quote]
    BLASPHEMY&#33;&#33; Take it back JG, TAKE IT BACK&#33;

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jetlag+May 2 2004, 11:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jetlag @ May 2 2004, 11:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -jetgirl@May 2 2004, 11:01 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Jetlag@May 2 2004, 10:57 PM
    JL, I didn&#39;t realize you were a Met fan..........the more the merrier.......haha, we can suffer together.......I had trouble falling asleep last night so I put the game on, knocked me right out......... :P [/b][/quote]
    BLASPHEMY&#33;&#33; Take it back JG, TAKE IT BACK&#33; [/b][/quote]
    :P No way......... :P Hey, it&#39;s just like being a Jet fan right? :D

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jetlag+May 2 2004, 10:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jetlag @ May 2 2004, 10:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Green Jets & Ham@May 2 2004, 10:54 PM
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, that was just mind-bogglingly stupid ... took stupid to a whole new level

Ummm, Soriano for Reyes? ..... Ummmm, no thanks :huh:

Hey Wilpon, wake-up ... Soriano was nearly a 40/40 man&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

Jose Reyes, will be (if healthy) a superstar. But Sorianos only come around every 30 years....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

When I heard that Wilpon and Doubleday were negotiating a deal to sell the team, I never thought Wilpon would keep it. We&#39;d be much better off had Doubleday won that war.

Hall Of Fame
    I am going to get executed for saying this, but I didnt want Soriano. His OBP is way too low for my liking and the power numbers who puts in other parks wouldnt happen in Shea. He is a really good player, but when Reyes gets healthy, you guys will see some serious balling. Reyes plays a type of game that I like more than Soriano...way too many strikeouts for A.S.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+May 2 2004, 11:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ May 2 2004, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Jetlag@May 2 2004, 11:03 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -jetgirl@May 2 2004, 11:01 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Jetlag@May 2 2004, 10:57 PM
    BLASPHEMY&#33;&#33; Take it back JG, TAKE IT BACK&#33; [/b][/quote]
    :P No way......... :P Hey, it&#39;s just like being a Jet fan right? :D [/b][/quote]
    Being a Mets fan is WAY different from being a Jets fan. What in the world are you talking about???&#33;&#33;&#33; It&#39;s a completely different world.