Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HDTV - Is It Worth It At This Point

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman+May 3 2004, 09:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Maxman @ May 3 2004, 09:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -JetChefJR@May 3 2004, 05:01 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Maxman@May 3 2004, 09:34 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--JetChefJR[/i]@May 3 2004, 09:14 AM
    [b] I have a HD 57inch Sony that I purchased last year... in coordination with the purchase, I upgraded my cable service to IO digital cable. With this i get hundreds of channels, and HD channels for a pile of channels... best part about IO is the fact that it doesnt crap out in every freakin rainstorm like satellite... Id def give it a consideration to get one....

HD isnt just for tv channels... hook that bad boy up to a progressive scan dvd player and try to keep your jaw from dropping. [/b][/quote]
    Not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that you have watched HD DVDs? Because they are coming but they are mainstream yet. [/b][/quote]
    Do you have a progressive scan dvd player??? hook that up to the HDTV using component cables from MONSTER (red, blue, green) and unlock your DVD and TVs potential... I believe its 1080 dpi which is HD isnt it??? sure looks it to me. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed, DVDs look awesome. But there is something called High Def DVDs. It will be big probably starting next year. It will require yet another new DVD player though (I kid you not).

The quality of these HD DVDs will be even better then what you see today. [/b][/quote]
    You have got to be kidding me :blink:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@May 3 2004, 09:05 PM
    [b] I have a 46" widescreen HDTV and have High def through Comcast. Not very expensive and the picture is incredible. It&#39;s so awesome when the Jets were on in HD last year. You can look at the regular non HD channel and then flip to the HD channel airing the same thing. The difference is stunning. [/b][/quote]

Booz, how was the HD telecast on ESPN during week 15 last year?

Those 5 picks were incredibly clear. :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    like I said wait 4 or 5 months for the price to drop.

Then pounce on it &#33; ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@May 3 2004, 09:02 PM
    [b] Chops...ED is nice and all but is no substitute for HD. If you are only watching DVD movies then ED might be for you. But come Sundays during football season HD is what you want. [/b][/quote]
    no doubt about it max, i&#39;m just saying that there isn&#39;t enough programmimg out right now to spend that kind of cash.
    guns said he can now just barely afford it...i say wait another year and fit it easily under his budget.

bty- i read that the holdup on the HDDVD&#39;s is campatiblity with non-hddvd&#39;s....you know the one&#39;s we all own right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JerryK[/i]@May 3 2004, 07:59 PM
    [b] Gun,

last month, everyone in Lansing got a card in the mail regarding local channels. Here, they&#39;ll require the oval dish.

...long story short, I agreed to the local channels for a year at 3 bucks/mo, they gave me the oval dish FREE. and Free installation too.

If you can do that over there in Mayberry, you can get the receiver on ebay for about 300 bucks. [/b][/quote]
    Had you just received local channels for the first time or did they just decide that everyone in Lansing needs the oval dish?

If DTV is willing to come give me a oval dish for free I&#39;m all for it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+May 3 2004, 11:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ May 3 2004, 11:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JerryK[/i]@May 3 2004, 07:59 PM
    [b] Gun,

last month, everyone in Lansing got a card in the mail regarding local channels. Here, they&#39;ll require the oval dish.

...long story short, I agreed to the local channels for a year at 3 bucks/mo, they gave me the oval dish FREE. and Free installation too.

If you can do that over there in Mayberry, you can get the receiver on ebay for about 300 bucks. [/b][/quote]
    Had you just received local channels for the first time or did they just decide that everyone in Lansing needs the oval dish?

If DTV is willing to come give me a oval dish for free I&#39;m all for it. [/b][/quote]
    Here the local channels don&#39;t come online until june, and theyr&#39;e on one of their "other" satellites, which can only be seen via the oval dish.

I just called them up and asked them about the promotion card I got in the mail. 8 days later I&#39;ve got a new dish&#33;

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chops44+May 3 2004, 10:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chops44 @ May 3 2004, 10:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Maxman[/i]@May 3 2004, 09:02 PM
    [b] Chops...ED is nice and all but is no substitute for HD. If you are only watching DVD movies then ED might be for you. But come Sundays during football season HD is what you want. [/b][/quote]
    no doubt about it max, i&#39;m just saying that there isn&#39;t enough programmimg out right now to spend that kind of cash.
    guns said he can now just barely afford it...i say wait another year and fit it easily under his budget.

bty- i read that the holdup on the HDDVD&#39;s is campatiblity with non-hddvd&#39;s....you know the one&#39;s we all own right now. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed...the price difference is huge.

I would imagine that they wouldn&#39;t let a little thing like incapatibility hold them up. Hell if they could get away with us all having 2 dvd players they would...one for the old and one for the new. LOL.