Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mcglover should be playing safety

If hes the safety NOBODY is coming across the middle with him lurking back there
    Money is Deisel

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope+May 3 2004, 01:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ May 3 2004, 01:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mean Bro Green[/i]@May 3 2004, 01:28 PM
    [b] homie is solid, damn

looks alot bigger than 207 as reported, are we sure that weight is accurate? [/b][/quote]
    Where&#39;s bitonti when you need him? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    lol - that guy isn&#39;t 207 - Weaver is 207 - that&#39;s mcClover who&#39;s listed at 227...

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+May 3 2004, 03:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ May 3 2004, 03:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -pope@May 3 2004, 01:33 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Mean Bro Green[/i]@May 3 2004, 01:28 PM
    [b] homie is solid, damn

looks alot bigger than 207 as reported, are we sure that weight is accurate? [/b][/quote]
    Where&#39;s bitonti when you need him? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    lol - that guy isn&#39;t 207 - Weaver is 207 - that&#39;s mcClover who&#39;s listed at 227... [/b][/quote]
    there you go, my mixup

did you guys know that weaver has a twin brother who played at FIU??

smaller school just started their football program three years ago,

also my alma mater

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@May 3 2004, 03:49 PM
    [b] did you guys know that weaver has a twin brother who played at FIU??

also my alma mater [/b][/quote]
    i did not know that... is he a prospect?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+May 3 2004, 04:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ May 3 2004, 04:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mean Bro Green[/i]@May 3 2004, 03:49 PM
    [b] did you guys know that weaver has a twin brother who played at FIU??

also my alma mater [/b][/quote]
    i did not know that... is he a prospect? [/b][/quote]
    this twin was supposed to be better

not sure what his status is though,

but he was supposed to be pretty good

Jets Insider VIP
    Bitonti............I&#39;m curious, McClover looks like a linebacker yet is 227 lb. Vilma has a very similar build and weight. Maybe there&#39;s a reason these guys are very fast, they have very lttle body fat. I know you feel Vilma needs to add bulk and I don&#39;t necessarily disagree with you, but is it possible that they are at an optimum weight for a speed player? As much as I liked Marvin and Mo (my hats off to them for stellar careers), they were both carying about 20 lbs. of excess weight (read: fat) over the last couple of years.

McClover is an outside linebacker and Weaver is a safety ... case closed

Weaver is 207 and runs like the wind ... in the 4.3&#39;s

McClover is 227 and runs like the wind for a linebacker ... in the 4.4&#39;s

McClover will no doubt seek to add 5 to 10 Pounds in the weightroom ... Weaver is fine right where he is

Pope-

Bob the Jet Fan is gonna have a fit when he sees the size of your signature pic. You should shrink it because it&#39;s a good shot. Guy looks like a monsta.

i just hope he aint on juice.

[quote][i]Originally posted by regen[/i]@May 3 2004, 05:41 PM
    [b] Pope-

Bob the Jet Fan is gonna have a fit when he sees the size of your signature pic. You should shrink it because it&#39;s a good shot. Guy looks like a monsta. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s not a sig pic, just a one time post.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by mbn007+May 3 2004, 02:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (mbn007 @ May 3 2004, 02:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mean Bro Green[/i]@May 3 2004, 12:28 PM
    [b] homie is solid, damn

He&#39;s not as big as Mo looked in that uniform, but he sure looks bigger then 207. My guess is that they try him as a sppeed L/B, situational rusher, maybe on the weak side, with Abe on the other side, in passing downs. [/b][/quote]
    Dude, he isn&#39;t wearing pads in this picture....

[quote][i]Originally posted by TexJet[/i]@May 3 2004, 05:01 PM
    [b] I know you feel Vilma needs to add bulk and I don&#39;t necessarily disagree with you, but is it possible that they are at an optimum weight for a speed player? As much as I liked Marvin and Mo (my hats off to them for stellar careers), they were both carying about 20 lbs. of excess weight (read: fat) over the last couple of years. [/b][/quote]
    Jones and Lewis were 10 year vets with numerous surgeries ... however in their primes, they were quick enough that one could call them Speed players without fliniching... after 10 years there will be some bloat and sag

Ray Lewis and Urlacher are "speed" players in their prime and are around 245-255

Vilma has a more robust frame than McClover i think he could add more weight no problem... but i also think he&#39;s smaller than McClover weightwise right now... Darrell is lookin sorta jacked up... might have been hitting the sauza

McClover sure looks like a linebacker.....so imagine him (with his size/speed) at safety....wow

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+May 3 2004, 07:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ May 3 2004, 07:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TexJet[/i]@May 3 2004, 05:01 PM
    [b] I know you feel Vilma needs to add bulk and I don&#39;t necessarily disagree with you, but is it possible that they are at an optimum weight for a speed player? As much as I liked Marvin and Mo (my hats off to them for stellar careers), they were both carying about 20 lbs. of excess weight (read: fat) over the last couple of years. [/b][/quote]
    Jones and Lewis were 10 year vets with numerous surgeries ... however in their primes, they were quick enough that one could call them Speed players without fliniching... after 10 years there will be some bloat and sag

Ray Lewis and Urlacher are "speed" players in their prime and are around 245-255

Vilma has a more robust frame than McClover i think he could add more weight no problem... but i also think he&#39;s smaller than McClover weightwise right now... Darrell is lookin sorta jacked up... might have been hitting the sauza [/b][/quote]
    bit, c&#39;mon this is not baseball.

The NFL actually tests for that &#036;hit.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:08 PM
    [b]

The NFL actually tests for that &#036;hit. [/b][/quote]
    Sure. :rolleyes:

[quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+May 3 2004, 08:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ May 3 2004, 08:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:08 PM
    [b]

The NFL actually tests for that &#036;hit. [/b][/quote]
    Sure. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    After what happened with Lyle Alzado, I don&#39;t think the NFL looks the other way on this John E.

Stop sipping the bitonti Kool-Aid, it&#39;ll do you wrong :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:16 PM
    [b]
    After what happened with Lyle Alzado, I don&#39;t think the NFL looks the other way on this John E.

Stop sipping the bitonti Kool-Aid, it&#39;ll do you wrong :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I played ball in college.

Believe me when tell you......it&#39;s rampant&#33;&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:16 PM
    [b]

pope you are serious? guys get caught juicing all the time - it has been estimated at least 75% of NFL players have juiced at one time or another - the tests are not hard to beat, nor are they a secret...

its also not like they test everyone it&#39;s one or two players per team per week at most... many weeks can go by in between tests ... and also a suspiciously high number of kickers get tested

the league knows its players are up to stuff but why would they want a scandal?

call me a kool aid drinker, but if you think the NFL is a clean league its you who are the kool aid drinker

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+May 3 2004, 08:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ May 3 2004, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:16 PM
    [b]

pope you are serious? guys get caught juicing all the time - it has been estimated at least 75% of NFL players have juiced at one time or another - the tests are not hard to beat, nor are they a secret...

its also not like they test everyone it&#39;s one or two players per team per week at most... many weeks can go by in between tests ... and also a suspiciously high number of kickers get tested

the league knows its players are up to stuff but why would they want a scandal?

call me a kool aid drinker, but if you think the NFL is a clean league its you who are the kool aid drinker [/b][/quote]
    75%....you wouldn&#39;t even be able to field a team if that were the case, I&#39;m not buying it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[img]http://www.cheddarheads.co.uk/nfle/nfle04/week3/w03058.jpg[/img]

Uhh....What do you think he drinks? Sauza-bol, or Cuervo-var?