Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: mcglover should be playing safety

  1. #41
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    859
    Post Thanks / Like
    "McClover is an outside linebacker and Weaver is a safety ... case closed
    Weaver is 207 and runs like the wind ... in the 4.3's
    McClover is 227 and runs like the wind for a linebacker ... in the 4.4's"

    GJ&H. I thought Weaver was clocked in the 4.2's and won MIAMI speed tryouts last spring. With Weaver,Colman,Wasington in the fold Pagel,McGraw,Togue better watchout. New DC (FATSOII untill proven otherwise) am hopping he gives everybody a chance at starting time for real. The incumbents have too prove it on the field just like the rookie's do. It looks like we finally have the talent to at least hang with the Winslow's,Watson's,Shockeys of the world until the blitz get too the QB. I could see JABRAHM on one side McClover on the other and both comming from any direction at any time with the closing speed too actually make a difference either by getting in the QB face or by sacking him.
    When Henderson talks of using the 46 defense he either has drunk a little extra kool Aid or has confidence in our CB's too shutdown the WR's and LB's to get too the QB.

    [color=green][SIZE=3]With the 142 pick of the 2004 NFL draft the New York Jets drafted their Starting Guard Adrain Jones.[/color][/SIZE]

  2. #42
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:20 PM
    [b] I played ball in college.


    Believe me when tell you......it's rampant!! [/b][/quote]
    me too. R-A-M-P-A-N-T.

  3. #43
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by stonehands+May 3 2004, 01:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (stonehands @ May 3 2004, 01:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@May 3 2004, 12:50 PM
    [b]
    [img]http://www.newyorkjets.com/images/manual_upload/minicamp2004/darrell-mcclover-500.jpg[/img]

    [/b][/quote]
    I see London, I see France.... [/b][/quote]
    Hey uh.... I ain&#39;t got anything to do with it, but...

    WHAT THE HELL IS FIFTY CENT DOING WEARING A MO LEWIS JERSEY AND PRACTICING WITH THE JETS?????

    Whoever that is looks like the Hip Hop artisit known to us all as 50 Cent.
    I never knew 50 played football. Ex convict, Eminem&#39;s first protege, a platinum recording artist, leader of the G-Unit (Lloyd Banks and Young Buck), and a safety/linebacker with the New York Jets????

    Man has skills&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;


    Go shorty, its your birthday...
    We gonna party like its your birthday....
    Go shorty, its your birthday...
    You know that we don&#39;t give a f*ck if its your birthday&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

    YOU COULD FIND ME IN DA CLUB,
    BOTTLE FULL OF BUBB,

    MOMMA,

    I GOT THE E IF YOU IN TO TAKING DRUGS,
    I&#39;M IN TO HAVING SEX, AIN&#39;T IN TO MAKING LOVE,
    SO COME GIVE ME A HUG IF YA IN TO GETTING RUBBED&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,523
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+May 3 2004, 03:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ May 3 2004, 03:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -pope@May 3 2004, 01:33 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Mean Bro Green[/i]@May 3 2004, 01:28 PM
    [b] homie is solid, damn

    looks alot bigger than 207 as reported, are we sure that weight is accurate? [/b][/quote]
    Where&#39;s bitonti when you need him? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    lol - that guy isn&#39;t 207 - Weaver is 207 - that&#39;s mcClover who&#39;s listed at 227... [/b][/quote]
    Exactly, and Weaver is the guy they moved to safety, he runs a 4.3 40 BTW, that is crazy speed for a LB/S prospect.

    McGlover should remain at OLB, he is a weakside LB candidate, he is the same size as Ian Gold, also a weakside LB who the team considered before signing Barton.

    I think McGlover is an awesome pick and will be a fixture with the Jets for a while, could even be a starter down the road.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Fumes+May 4 2004, 02:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet Fumes @ May 4 2004, 02:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -stonehands@May 3 2004, 01:29 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@May 3 2004, 12:50 PM
    [b]
    [img]http://www.newyorkjets.com/images/manual_upload/minicamp2004/darrell-mcclover-500.jpg[/img]

    [/b][/quote]
    I see London, I see France.... [/b][/quote]
    Hey uh.... I ain&#39;t got anything to do with it, but...

    WHAT THE HELL IS FIFTY CENT DOING WEARING A MO LEWIS JERSEY AND PRACTICING WITH THE JETS?????

    Whoever that is looks like the Hip Hop artisit known to us all as 50 Cent.
    I never knew 50 played football. Ex convict, Eminem&#39;s first protege, a platinum recording artist, leader of the G-Unit (Lloyd Banks and Young Buck), and a safety/linebacker with the New York Jets????

    Man has skills&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;


    Go shorty, its your birthday...
    We gonna party like its your birthday....
    Go shorty, its your birthday...
    You know that we don&#39;t give a f*ck if its your birthday&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

    YOU COULD FIND ME IN DA CLUB,
    BOTTLE FULL OF BUBB,

    MOMMA,

    I GOT THE E IF YOU IN TO TAKING DRUGS,
    I&#39;M IN TO HAVING SEX, AIN&#39;T IN TO MAKING LOVE,
    SO COME GIVE ME A HUG IF YA IN TO GETTING RUBBED&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    And I bet he is a P.I.M.P....&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

    Ja Rule better not find out that 50 is practicing with the Jets... he and the rest of Inc (formerly Murder Inc) might bust a cap in him....

  6. #46
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go to [url]www.50cent.com[/url]... tell me if this man in the Mo Lewis jersey doesn&#39;t look like Fifty...&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us