Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: California

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering if anyone can help me out. My parents are going to CA for two weeks in July....they are literally going to be going from top to bottom...stopping LOTS along the way! I know they are definitely stopping in San Diego, Hollywood, Los Angeles......I was wondering if anyone can give some ideas as to what to see/do and where NOT to go?!?! Any help would be appreciated.....
    Thanks!!!! :D

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yosemite National Park...Heaven on Earth..See El Capiton, take a buggy ride, fabulous

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Los Angeles and there's too much to do. As you said, Hollywood is a must. There's also Beverly Hills..lots of shops and nice restaurants. There's also Santa Monica....also lot's of shops and restaurants and they can also walk on the pier. Old Town Pasadena has lot's of shops and places to eat.
    There's also the Getty Museum in West L.A.

How can I forget the amusement parks......Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Six Flags MAgic Mountain, Universal Studios etc.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they get down to Monterry area they should try to do some golfing in Carmel. If it good enough for the PGA.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NYJ310[/i]@May 3 2004, 11:05 AM
    [b] I live in Los Angeles and there's too much to do. As you said, Hollywood is a must. There's also Beverly Hills..lots of shops and nice restaurants. There's also Santa Monica....also lot's of shops and restaurants and they can also walk on the pier. Old Town Pasadena has lot's of shops and places to eat.
    There's also the Getty Museum in West L.A.

How can I forget the amusement parks......Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Six Flags MAgic Mountain, Universal Studios etc. [/b][/quote]
    An ex- L.A. resident here, he's right...there's way too much to do. A better question would be..what kind of things do your folks like to do?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    in northern cali...have them check out Napa Valley or even visit Alcatraz.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just don't go to California, period. It will take years off your life, you'll want to raise your own taxes, you won't be able to produce enough power consistently from day to day, and protestors will follow your SUV everywhere. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Hyped+May 3 2004, 12:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Hyped @ May 3 2004, 12:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--NYJ310[/i]@May 3 2004, 11:05 AM
    [b] I live in Los Angeles and there&#39;s too much to do. As you said, Hollywood is a must. There&#39;s also Beverly Hills..lots of shops and nice restaurants. There&#39;s also Santa Monica....also lot&#39;s of shops and restaurants and they can also walk on the pier. Old Town Pasadena has lot&#39;s of shops and places to eat.
    There&#39;s also the Getty Museum in West L.A.

How can I forget the amusement parks......Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Six Flags MAgic Mountain, Universal Studios etc. [/b][/quote]
    An ex- L.A. resident here, he&#39;s right...there&#39;s way too much to do. A better question would be..what kind of things do your folks like to do? [/b][/quote]
    They like to shop, eat at nice restaurants and site see....no amusement parks for them&#33; :P

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://www.us-national-parks.net/images/elcapt.jpg[/img]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@May 3 2004, 12:24 PM
    [b] Just don&#39;t go to California, period. It will take years off your life, you&#39;ll want to raise your own taxes, you won&#39;t be able to produce enough power consistently from day to day, and protestors will follow your SUV everywhere. :D [/b][/quote]

That must be bitoni&#39;s definition of utopia. :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@May 3 2004, 02:24 PM
    [b] Just don&#39;t go to California, period. It will take years off your life, you&#39;ll want to raise your own taxes, you won&#39;t be able to produce enough power consistently from day to day, and protestors will follow your SUV everywhere. :D [/b][/quote]
    HEY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I&#39;ve never seen protestors follow SUV&#39;s. :unsure:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Costa Mesa/Orange County; If they like shopping, then South Coast Plaza is a must. It is THE mall in OC. Also boat tours in Newport Beach/Fun Zone are pretty popular also.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of your parents will love Rodeo Drive, Maybe your Dad too...

They Must drive the Pac Coast Highway, and enjoy Big Sur and the views of the Ocean/cliffs at MANY stops along the way.

At San Fran, hit Fishermans Wharf, watch the fog roll in, laugh at the sea lions in the bay.

Good opp to catch a baseball game at SF, SD (both new stadiums) or the famous Chavez Ravine (Dodger Stadium) and get a Dodger Dog.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://www.surfline.com/travel/surfmaps/us/san_diego/images/balch_sunsetcliffs.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny story on Yosemite. When I was 4 we lived in the Atwater/Merced area when my dad was in the Air Force, anyways we went to Yosemite on vacation and I, brainchild myself, decided to walk backwards down a hill. Well I didn&#39;t see the campfire behind, tripped on the ring of stones surrounding the fire pit, and when I went to brace my fall, my hand went right into the hot fire and coals.

That was the end of my Tosemite experience. The burns were so bad I almost lost my prints on my hand.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a bad section of Hollywood?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chrebet73[/i]@May 3 2004, 06:25 PM
    [b] Is there a bad section of Hollywood? [/b][/quote]
    There&#39;s bad sections everywhere. Where your parents need to go is in the heart of Hollywood. Starting from Hollywood Blvd and Vine st.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@May 3 2004, 12:24 PM
    Yes they should go to Michigan instead and enjoy the Hockey town cafe, oh didn&#39;t they close that place after the Ducks swept them last year, anyway maybe it&#39;ll open just in time to see Calgary win the cup.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by HBJETFANBOB+May 3 2004, 06:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (HBJETFANBOB @ May 3 2004, 06:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@May 3 2004, 12:24 PM
    Yes they should go to Michigan instead and enjoy the Hockey town cafe, oh didn&#39;t they close that place after the Ducks swept them last year, anyway maybe it&#39;ll open just in time to see Calgary win the cup. [/b][/quote]
    LOL Bob. :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guns...You are really bad&#33;