Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: RIck Reilly

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Athletes are soldiers and soldiers are athletes. Uniformed, fit and trained. They fight for one cause, one team. They take ground and they defend it. Both are carried of on their teammate's shoulders, athletes when they win and soldiers when they die.

Pat Tillman and Todd Bates were athletes and soldiers. Tillman wanted to be anonymous and became the face of this war. Bates wanted to be somebody and died faceless to most of the nation.

Both did their duty for their country, but i wonder if their country did their duty for them. Tillman died in Afghanistan, a war with no end in sight and not enough troops to finish the job. Bates died in Iraq, a war that began with no just cause and continues with no just reason.

Be proud that sports produce men like this.

But I, for one am furious that these wars keep taking them.[/b][/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 3 2004, 04:39 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Athletes are soldiers and soldiers are athletes. Uniformed, fit and trained. They fight for one cause, one team. They take ground and they defend it. Both are carried of on their teammate's shoulders, athletes when they win and soldiers when they die.

Pat Tillman and Todd Bates were athletes and soldiers. Tillman wanted to be anonymous and became the face of this war. Bates wanted to be somebody and died faceless to most of the nation.

Both did their duty for their country, but i wonder if their country did their duty for them. Tillman died in Afghanistan, a war with no end in sight and not enough troops to finish the job. Bates died in Iraq, a war that began with no just cause and continues with no just reason.

Be proud that sports produce men like this.

But I, for one am furious that these wars keep taking them.[/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]
    Were you furious at all on 9-11 Reilly?

Should we have just threw up the white flag and let it happen again?

Were you furious at the people who actually started this war and took over 3,000 of our fellow citizens? Probably not, those poor Arabs, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You can fight this WAR at their front door or yours ,and all you liberals better know the day we back off will be the day they concentrate on finishing the job here