Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Hackett still a Jets coach?

All League
    The perception of the Jets' prospects has been that the defense will need time to develop but the offense should be ready for a quantum leap in coordinator Paul Hackett's fourth season.

[b]Not so fast, Hackett said.[/b]

[b]"I don't think so," he said yesterday. "I think we've had too many changes [/b]... When you're talking about the development of an offense, we have a split end who's been here four days."

* Hackett is also complaining about having a time management coach(Dick Curl) with Herm on the sidelines. And, he is not happy that Chad now has the freedom to audibile more frequently at the line.
    :o

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I can't stand Hacker :rolleyes:

we should have the O clicking by late November if we stick to his schedule.

He's such a baby. HEY HACKETT GET YOUR ASS TO WORK YOU STUPID BUM!

Hackett is a p***y already making exscuses for himself before the season even starts. What a homo. I thought I saw him blowing a security guard last night on the sopranos.

His quote was discussed the other day.....does it really surprise anybody?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by NYJetsro71[/i]@May 3 2004, 04:49 PM
    [b]Hackett is a p***y already making exscuses for himself before the season even starts. [/b][/quote]
    He has to he has no Hackophiles doing it for him!! I think
    Chad has enough knowledge now to run the offense by him
    self.. ;)

All Pro
    Hackett sucks a choad

He's just trying to save his job incase they do suck this year. Good, I hope Herm put the fear of God into him when he fired Teddy Cotrell. I think I also read that they are finally going to let Chad call some of the plays and make a few audibles. At least that's a step in the right direction.

Veteran
    As long as Pennington has a good year it's all good because he can make Hackett look like a genious.

Yeah that's deffinetly true. And if he does badly he could probably just as easily try to put some of the blame on Pennington too.

I can't stand Hackett!! He has no b*lls and he refuses to take accountability for the offense. I can't wait to see Chad at the line checking out of Hackett's cheesy third and long draw play!!!

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NYJetsro71[/i]@May 3 2004, 04:49 PM
    [b] already making exscuses for himself before the season even starts. [/b][/quote]
    :(

This only shows me how much of a p*ussy Hackett is.

Undrafted Free Agent
    No more gelling...The mold is set. Friggin Hackett!

I hate this guy.... I really really hate this guy. If you are running an offense that takes 3 years to learn, in today's NFL, you're running the wrong F'ing offense!!!!! Teams don't hang together for 5-10 years. If 8 months is not enough time for new players to get it... it's the wrong system. He's still here just so if this team has another bad year, he can be the next to go.

[quote][i]Originally posted by cdflip78[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:58 PM
    [b]I hate this guy.... I really really hate this guy. If you are running an offense that takes 3 years to learn, in today's NFL, you're running the wrong F'ing offense!!!!! Teams don't hang together for 5-10 years. If 8 months is not enough time for new players to get it... it's the wrong system. He's still here just so if this team has another bad year, he can be the next to go.[/b][/quote]
    Could be a win-win situation. Either the Jets have a great year, or Hackett gets the ax. I'm afraid that Pennington will make Hackett look good. I think Chad should call many of his own plays, especially in the 2-minute drill.

If anyone is going to keep this team from living up to whatever its potential is, its going to be Mr. Conservative up the middle for no yards Hackett!!!!!!!!! Fire him!!!!!!!

Veteran
    [quote][b]I can't wait to see Chad at the line checking out of Hackett's cheesy third and long draw play!!![/b][/quote]

But when Good Ole' boy Bill Parcells does it, he's a genius

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFutureGM[/i]@May 3 2004, 09:37 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I can't wait to see Chad at the line checking out of Hackett's cheesy third and long draw play!!![/b][/quote]

But when Good Ole' boy Bill Parcells does it, he's a genius [/b][/quote]
    I do remember our offense being better than 22nd, 21st, and 26th in BP's 3 years here. And 1 of those years was with Ray Lucas. Hackett is garbage.

Veteran
    Let hackett get a full season with Chad Pennington before you start killing him. Oh yeah, if i remember correctly 1999 wasnt such a hot year for Parcells and the O. They were ranked somewhere around 20th in the league. Point being, stats are for losers.