Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is Hackett still a Jets coach?

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFutureGM[/i]@May 3 2004, 09:37 PM
    [b][quote][b]I can't wait to see Chad at the line checking out of Hackett's cheesy third and long draw play!!![/b][/quote]

But when Good Ole' boy Bill Parcells does it, he's a genius[/b][/quote]
    Parcells used it once in a while to change it up and surprise the defense. Hackett calls it two or three times a game. No surprise. No results!

Hall Of Fame
    Hackett bought Herm a brand spanking new BBQ brush for Xmas. That's why he's still a Jets coach.

[img]http://www.barbecue-online.co.uk/barbecue_equipment/bbq_tools/images/barbecue_tools_grill_brush.jpg[/img]

He's gonna keep the grill scrubbed clean.

Veteran
    [quote][b]Parcells used it once in a while to change it up and surprise the defense.[/b][/quote]
    Parcells did it to keep the INT's down.

On third and 17 did you really think parcells thought "Gee, Charlie.. i really think that the odds of getting 17 yards on a draw are good right now...call it"

[SIZE=4]
    OR[/SIZE]

was parcells thinking, "I can get 5-10 yards if i run a draw here to put my punting/kicking team in a better position on the field AND i wont have to worry about an INT"

which one do u think?

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFutureGM[/i]@May 3 2004, 10:16 PM
    [b] Let hackett get a full season with Chad Pennington before you start killing him. Oh yeah, if i remember correctly 1999 wasnt such a hot year for Parcells and the O. They were ranked somewhere around 20th in the league. Point being, stats are for losers. [/b][/quote]
    Nope... I've given him 3 years.. he's awful.. he sucks. This is obvious to the overwhelming majority of Jets fans who have to hear Lawyer Milloy up in Buffalo last year talk about how the Bills were just hoping the Jets would run more draws and the Jets kept on running draws. He refuses to attack defenses. Our Defense recovers a fumble on the opposition 20 yard line... here comes that f'ing hitch screen to moss. Parcells offense with the Jets is now in New England and his name is Charlie Weis and while I hate the fat f..k, he was 20x the offensive coach that Whackit is. I don't mind draws on 3rd and 17... I mind draws on 2nd and 15 and 3rd and 7.

Hackett sure knows how to kill the optimism. If it wasent for Chad saving his sorry ass he would be out of here.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NYJetsro71[/i]@May 3 2004, 10:38 PM
    [b] Hackett sure knows how to kill the optimism. If it wasent for Chad saving his sorry ass he would be out of here. [/b][/quote]
    Completely true. However, Chad [b]likes [/b]Hackett for a reason and I'll trust Pennington over anyone here. Except for Tomshane.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: this offseason bradway was under fire and the man came through...Hackett is under a friggin flamethrower and he better come through...he knows that.......I don't think we will be seeing the stupid inside screen plays that go nowhere this year!!!

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@May 3 2004, 11:03 PM
    [b] :ph34r: this offseason bradway was under fire and the man came through...Hackett is under a friggin flamethrower and he better come through...he knows that.......I don't think we will be seeing the stupid inside screen plays that go nowhere this year!!! [/b][/quote]
    If Pennington stays healthy this year, then there are NO excuses! I dont care that J-Mac is in his 1st year in the system, its make or break.

I Have always like Hackett, despite the fact that his play calling is frustrating. I think he is gonna shut alot of posters on this board up the same way Bradway shut up his haters this offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: last year I would not have agreed with you......I do now though....this offense will open up....Hackett is not a friggin terrible OC...he jhas nice plays...the man just have to open it up.

I have a feeling he will in 2004. ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFutureGM[/i]@May 3 2004, 10:34 PM
    [b][quote][b]Parcells used it once in a while to change it up and surprise the defense.[/b][/quote]
    Parcells did it to keep the INT's down.

On third and 17 did you really think parcells thought "Gee, Charlie.. i really think that the odds of getting 17 yards on a draw are good right now...call it"

[SIZE=4]
    OR[/SIZE]

was parcells thinking, "I can get 5-10 yards if i run a draw here to put my punting/kicking team in a better position on the field AND i wont have to worry about an INT"

which one do u think?[/b][/quote]
    Agreed. But you have to admit it, I sit in the damn stadium and say "here comes the draw play" and sure as sh*t, it's the draw for minimal gain. When it's 3rd and 17, I don't usually expect to pick up the first down. Hackett will call it on 3rd and 12 when you should have a better chance. Maybe he was scared to turn it over to the defense. With our "new and improved D" (hopefully), he better change his tune! Herm keeps preaching he wants to be more aggressive on offense. I'll believe it when I see it.

Hall Of Fame
    The only answer to such a question from an NFL OC is that the offense will be ready to go on opening day-PERIOD. You don't dare start this negative, excuse-ridden BS on the first day on minicamp. DISGRACEFUL.

Hackett is terrible but look at it this way....If he doesn't produce this year things will most likely change with us bringing in a new OC.