Thread: Jets: Team, Jordan to discuss long-term deal

Undrafted Free Agent
    [b]Jets: Team, Jordan to discuss long-term deal
    [/b]
    by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Monday, May 3, 2004

News
    The agent for Jets backup running back LaMont Jordan, the subject of several trade rumors this offseason, will meet with coach Herm Edwards and general manager Terry Bradway this week about a long-term contract extension that would prevent him from exploring unrestricted free agency next summer. However, Jordan—who has served under veteran Curtis Martin his entire career—expressed that playing time is a big factor. "I've been very understanding about accepting my role as a backup,'' Jordan told the Bergen Record. "I think I've learned a lot from Curtis. I think I'm ready to play, whether it's here or someplace else. I would love to [stay with the Jets]. But the key word there is 'I want to play.'''

Views
    How many words is that again? If the way in which they were shopping Jordan around this offseason is any indication, the Jets either don't think he can handle the load or do not want to pay him what they think he'll command. Jordan refused to acknowledge how he might approach this season if no deal is made before the season begins, but it has the potential to get ugly, not unlike what we saw with Duce Staley in Philadelphia last year. We'd love to see Jordan get out of Martin's shadow, if only so C-Mart could add some touchdowns and LaMont some yardage.

[b]My View[/b]
    LM can handle the load and as long as he doesnt mind playing second fiddle to Curtis for a couple more years then this would be great.

Hall Of Fame
    hey jetiel, you really need to get on here during the daytime

we talked about this allll day today ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:38 PM
    [b] hey jetiel, you really need to get on here during the daytime

we talked about this allll day today ;) [/b][/quote]
    We did?

Oh yeah, those other 5 threads. :)

Hey, if we can have a poll of "Who's hotter..." one more Lamont thread won't kill the board.

BZ

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sorry guys didnt mean to crowd the board. I saw the other two topics one the first page but didnt see an article link.