Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bollinger & Ray as backups

I don't know if I am completely comfortable with the backups we have for Chad. The idea of two guys, one being a rookie (in the NFL) and the other in his second year only, is what I question.
    Do we need to look for a vet?

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:19 PM
    [b] no [/b][/quote]
    Thank you for the decisive answer. Care to elaborate on why "no"?

Undrafted Free Agent
    We may need one, but its not going to happen...Pray that the OLine comes together and Chad stays healthy

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

all i have to say is that if chad goes down, we're looking at 1999 all over again

Chad has to take 95% of the snaps. No doubt about it. The others will mop up in blow outs. :D

All Pro
    bottom line

If chad goes down we are f*cked

[quote][i]Originally posted by DTrainBringinDaPain[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:34 PM
    [b]bottom line

If chad goes down we are f*cked[/b][/quote]
    I agree! There is some legitamit reason for concern! And, for those who say, "no", are they sold on the possibility of Chad, not ever missing a game?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: we don't need another backup...nuff said

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: If Chad goes down how do u jnow that we are gonna get F***ed?

49ers have Rattay and the Dolphins have freely has starters...between both of em they have started like 6 games.....we still have camp and the preseason...what back up QB is on the block out there???? :blink:

Bollinger was thrown in the fire during preseason after Chad got hurt and never had a chance to grasp the system in preseason...it's different this year.

Ricky Ray: Canada or not the kid can play and he looked nice in the mini camp.....there is still a ton of practice beforethe season...let the backups friggin play and get some reps.

To just say that we are doomed if Chad goes down is premature at this point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agree Greenwithin. I'd like to see a Vet with WCO experience brought in until Ray is onboard and we're sure that Bollinger can handle it. But like PassTheBrew said, it's not going to happen.

All League
    Like i said earlier, i like Ray and think he will be good. Bollinger has no place in the NFL in my eyes, anyone who watched Wisconsin games would know that everytime they were in a passing situation they would bring in Jim Sorgi. Bollinger was an option/scrambling QB, why he was drafted was and is still a mystery to me. But then again what do i know, maybe Bradway see's something.

All League
    We just released a good veteran backup--went by the name of Testaverde. If he was so easy to dump, there's no chance in hell we'll sign another journeyman. Vinny knew the system, was a gym rat, and flexible with his contract--and [i]he's [/i]history. So we're gonna take a deep breath and pray for some o-line help come june. Of course billy joe, or was it it jimmy jack--no, bobby lee, wait, I got it Ricky Ray--yeah, he might surprise us and be a steady backup. Brooks Bollinger, Chad Pennington, Ricky Ray. I liked having a Vinny on the roster, I have to admit it.

Veteran
    Was vinny officially released? I dont remember seeing that...

If the Jets can get a vet cheap for 1 year or 2 years, they should.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I liked the aquasition of ray a QB that has won a champ. even though it was a grey cup instead of a SB he has shown he can be successful and yet HERMsays the other day he comfortable will bolinger as his backup????? well then he`s the only one who is...

Hall Of Fame
    If Ricky Ray is all what he is cut up to be, I think the JETS will be fine as him being the second string QB with Bollinger to follow.

Hall Of Fame
    maybe we can get gannon if he's let go ,,,,he knows hackett and could be a great teacher/backup to chad.... but he'll probably want $$$$$$

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shuler82[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:22 PM
    [b] all i have to say is that if chad goes down, we're looking at 1999 all over again [/b][/quote]
    2003 was different how? We had a veteran backup in 2003.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman+May 4 2004, 10:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Maxman @ May 4 2004, 10:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--shuler82[/i]@May 3 2004, 08:22 PM
    [b] all i have to say is that if chad goes down, we&#39;re looking at 1999 all over again [/b][/quote]
    2003 was different how? We had a veteran backup in 2003.[/b][/quote]
    If I remember right(And I do) the Vet Mirer stunk on Ice&#33; It wasn&#39;t
    until Tuna put in Ray Ray that we finished 6-2&#33;&#33; Rickey Ray will make
    your Day if ever he should be called to Play&#33;&#33; ;)