Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: COLES.......

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[b]Coles' toe worries [/b]

The right big toe of wide receiver Laveranues Coles remains a concern. Although coach Joe Gibbs said the club no longer is considering surgery, Coles' activity was trimmed back after some discomfort during Saturday's workout.
    "[Head trainer] Bubba [Tyer] kind of wanted to be careful today," Gibbs said. "I think [Coles] was kind of sore because he hadn't run a lot. He's been resting his toe. And we talked yesterday about maybe a little different program for him, from a conditioning standpoint, where he's not pounding on his feet. I think he'll just work himself silly, so if anything you have to be a little careful there."
    Indeed, Coles is known for his work ethic and determination to play through pain. He noticed his toe problem early last season but didn't reveal it publicly for several weeks, and even then it wasn't dubbed a stress fracture until late in the year. He started all 16 games and made it to the Pro Bowl as an alternate.
    At the late-March minicamp, Coles said surgery was being considered as a "last resort." But Gibbs said that's no longer the case.
    "I don't think so," Gibbs said. "He's outfitted with a new [support] in his shoe there, and he felt like that really helped. But I think it's just a matter of rest. The doctors feel like the best thing is to rest it."
    Asked about his toe yesterday, Coles replied, "I'll let the trainers discuss that. I hate discussing that physical stuff."

I wish no player injury........but in this case... :ph34r:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: maybe by the year 2009 people will finally get over the Skins!!! :lol:

who cares about Coles??????

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@May 3 2004, 11:04 PM
    [b]
    who cares about Coles?????? [/b][/quote]
    I do....we should never ever have lost him!!

He was my favorite player......and a player we really missed last year!

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@May 4 2004, 03:04 AM
    [b] :ph34r: maybe by the year 2009 people will finally get over the Skins!!! :lol:

I like having updates on former Jets...its a good way to assess how our GM is doing. Losing Coles was a big deal, so having an occasional update is really no big deal.

Veteran
    [quote][b]He was my favorite player......and a player we really missed last year! [/b][/quote]

I think santana moss would have something to say about that ;)

Im j/k, we definately did miss him, but way too much dough

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+May 3 2004, 11:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ May 3 2004, 11:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetsfreak[/i]@May 3 2004, 11:04 PM
    [b]
    I do....we should never ever have lost him&#33;&#33;

He was my favorite player......and a player we really missed last year&#33; [/b][/quote]
    u still want him with the bump toe? forget coles make JMac your favorite player

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: as u said..we "did" miss him...get over it...our receiver corp is just fine right now.

GET OVER IT

All Pro
    u`s guys might miss him but I didnt&#33;

[quote][b] as u said..we "did" miss him...get over it...our receiver corp is just fine right now.

GET OVER IT[/b][/quote]

[quote][b] maybe by the year 2009 people will finally get over the Skins&#33;&#33;&#33;

Dude jetsfreak, relax a little man, maybe take a valium. What difference does it make to you if JonE still has issues with Coles (a player he really liked) and the Evil Skins? If he wants to hate them, and be bitter about Coles, what&#39;s the problem with that?

And just so you know, I live in D.C. and DESPISE the Washington BigotSkins with every pore of my soul, not only for taking Coles, but just because their name is so OBVIOUSLY offensive (Washington Blackskins? Washington YellowFaces? Washington Wetbacks? Nope, didn&#39;t think so) and living here is HELLISH for any non-Skins fan.

The best thing that could happen in 2004 is their "Lord and Savour, Joe Gibbs" falling flat on his redneck NASCAR driving Face&#33;

So let us Skins haters HATE if we want, and if it bothers you, just skip the thread bro, you&#39;ll feel better without the extra aggression it seems to cause you :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I am over it.

But he is one guy I keep up with&#33;&#33;

Care less about Randy Thomas (Thank you for Adrian Jones) John Hall (Thank you for R. Washington) Chad Morton

I was there when he lit us up on opening day&#33;&#33; That still hurts&#33;&#33;

Good luck Lauverneus&#33;&#33;&#33; I have nothing against him. He&#39;s young so he went for the money. Some day he&#39;ll realize his mistake. But he&#39;ll get to play for Joe Gibbs.

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: man I don&#39;t need to take Valium :lol: it&#39;s just that who really cares about the skins right now? Coles is a damn good player but damn if our receiving corp is not decent right now. Coles is gone..he left us and they still had a worse record and will in 2004. I liked Coles when he was here but he went for the money and more power to him....it would have been nuts to pay a ton of money for him when after the 2002 season the Jets said that they wanted to complement Moss and Coles with a taller receiver.

We got a decent kid in Mcareins who as a "3rd " receiver had a fine year...top that with Moss and the return of Chrebet and Cotchery also in the slot.....I like the look of this crew.

I am more interested in the upgraded Jets team than the skins.

I care about Coles because I think the guy is a collassal a&#036;&#036;hole. Not just because he took the money, but because he&#39;s an ignorant person. He talks all offseason about how he&#39;s gonna stare Herm down during the National Anthem just like every other coach who didn&#39;t believe in him. He has 5 catches for 100 yards against the Jets and talks like he&#39;s the second coming of Lynn Swann. He passed up on the chance to be in the number 1 media market with a QB that would be here for 10 years because he got wined and dined by little Danny Boy. I want to hear all the bad news I can about him. Am I focused on the Jets, of course, but dude it&#39;s the offseason, it&#39;s not like the info is pouring in.... I think most of us can pay attention to players around the league we don&#39;t like and handle it okay.

I will agree with you on one thing jetsfreak....

I too like the look of the 2004 Jets WR crew:

Santana Moss
    Justin McCareins
    Jericho Cotchery
    Wayne Chrebet
    "Skinny" Carter

Looks good to me&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 3 2004, 11:18 PM
    [b] And just so you know, I live in D.C. and DESPISE the Washington BigotSkins with every pore of my soul, not only for taking Coles, but just because their name is so OBVIOUSLY offensive (Washington Blackskins? Washington YellowFaces? Washington Wetbacks? Nope, didn&#39;t think so) and living here is HELLISH for any non-Skins fan.

[/b][/quote]
    Are you Native-American?

All League
    Coles wasn&#39;t as classy as, say Lamont Jordan, in his disputes with the jets Higher-ups. But face-it, Herm made him a promise and didn&#39;t keep it. He was just a kid making a name for himself and was given the cold shoulder when he thought he&#39;d found a permanent home. I don&#39;t blame him for his bitterness. Of course, he could&#39;ve used some maturity, but that wasn&#39;t his strong suit in college and may never be in the pros. He&#39;s a helluva reciever, I wish him the best. and I appreciate the way Jordan&#39;s handled himself by comparison. You gotta take care of your own.

I don&#39;t remember Herm promising Cole&#036; he&#39;d pay him like he&#39;s the next Randy Moss. No where was there a guarantee that he&#39;d get 35M for 7 years with 13M up front... Herm is still here... Cole&#036; walked out on him. Jordan is in a totally different situation because his desire is to see the field, where Coles had one top receiver caliber year (no Pro-Bowl) and wanted to be paid like it was a 10 year body of work... 1 year in WAS and its a new coach, a new commitment to the run and a new QB. I hope the guy is miserable like his little buddy Morton is.

Herm wasn&#39;t in the position to make that promise. Herm wanted Coles to be signed, i don&#39;t think there&#39;s any doubt about that. Bradway tried to lowball coles.. So Coles got a ridiculous contract from the skins. A contract that we&#39;d be crazy to match.

Coles was my favorite player too. But now we got Santana :)

PS.

Sweet picture in the sig R. Tyme : )

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Knickerbocker[/i]@May 3 2004, 11:24 PM
    [b] Good luck Lauverneus&#33;&#33;&#33; I have nothing against him. He&#39;s young so he went for the money. [/b][/quote]
    I cant say how much I agree with this statement.

It&#39;s not his fault the Jets didnt want to caugh up the cash, he did what was in the best interest for him--good for him.

Seeing things like "In this case i dunno" makes me think how ridiculous some of you can act.

And why the f##k not gloat and look down on the Jets? He wanted to stay here, it&#39;s not his fault they didnt want him as much as the Redskins. Jeez. PATHETIC

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote][i]Originally posted by cdflip78[/i]@May 4 2004, 01:10 AM
    [b] I don&#39;t remember Herm promising Cole&#036; he&#39;d pay him like he&#39;s the next Randy Moss. No where was there a guarantee that he&#39;d get 35M for 7 years with 13M up front... Herm is still here... Cole&#036; walked out on him. Jordan is in a totally different situation because his desire is to see the field, where Coles had one top receiver caliber year (no Pro-Bowl) and wanted to be paid like it was a 10 year body of work... 1 year in WAS and its a new coach, a new commitment to the run and a new QB. I hope the guy is miserable like his little buddy Morton is. [/b][/quote]
    I think he&#39;s referring to Herm telling Coles &#39;as long as I&#39;m coach, you&#39;ll be here&#39; (not exact words)