Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: COLES.......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:24 AM
    [b] Been saying that about pope for 2 years now.
    [/b][/quote]
    You should see what TX says about me when he PM's me :blink:

Cross out the steer and you've got TX :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:28 AM
    [b]

Cross out the steer and you've got TX :lol: [/b][/quote]
    That's what I've been saying about Tex for 2 years now :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tex...Are sure JMac never had a 100 yd game?? On 1 play alone
    last year he had a 73 yd TD!! At any rate for the 3 years and the
    12 Games he started his numbers are...

12 games 69 catches 1202 yds 17.4 avg 73 longest 9 tds

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:22 AM
    [b] Coles was a great player for the Jets...wish we never lost him.

Hes an arrogant thug??

lol..how...some of you people have no idea. [/b][/quote]
    I agree, he was a great player for the Jets, and I too, wish we had never lost him.

And he had always, to me, seemed like a very humble guy.

And he had every right (really, the obligation) to take the money.

But don't tell me I have no idea when it comes to how he acted when he left.

He acted like he was "disrespected" (how I hate that word), how he would stare down Herm, how he was bitter about how he was treated by the Jets, how he would get back at them, just like he would get back at every other team that didn't draft him).

Like an arrogant thug.

My opinion (which means nothing, except to me).

Had he thanked the jets for putting him in a position for the windfall and for taking him in the draft when no one else was giving him a shot, whether he believed it or not, or frankly, had he just shut his pie-hole, than in my opinion, I would have respected him for that.

But he left the Jets like an Angry young thug.

My opinion.

By the way, do you think people have "no idea" when they liken Kellen Winslow to an arrogant thug?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:31 AM
    [b] Tex...Are sure JMac never had a 100 yd game?? On 1 play alone
    last year he had a 73 yd TD!! At any rate for the 3 years and the
    12 Games he started his numbers are...

12 games 69 catches 1202 yds 17.4 avg 73 longest 9 tds [/b][/quote]

Yep, he never had a 100 yard game.

His best performance was 92 yards versus the Jets last year. :lol:

Here's a link with his game-by-game stats.

[url=http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/McCaJu00.htm#2001]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/game...CaJu00.htm#2001[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:36 AM
    [b]
    Yep, he never had a 100 yard game.

[/b][/quote]
    Want to bet he gets some this Year Tex?? ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:40 AM
    [b]
    Want to bet he gets some this Year Tex?? ;) [/b][/quote]

Nope. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 4 2004, 11:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 4 2004, 11:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--savage69[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:40 AM
    [b]

Nope. ;) [/b][/quote]
    :lol: wuss

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope+May 4 2004, 11:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ May 4 2004, 11:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanTX@May 4 2004, 11:45 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--savage69[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:40 AM
    [b]

Nope. ;) [/b][/quote]
    :lol: wuss [/b][/quote]
    Nope...a smart better&#33;&#33;

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:22 AM
    [b] Coles was a great player for the Jets...wish we never lost him.

Hes an arrogant thug??

lol..how...some of you people have no idea. [/b][/quote]
    If you don&#39;t see him as an arrogant thug, you are the one with no idea

how??

why do you think he slipped to the 3rd round?? Could it be maturity issues??
    All of the afore-mentioned comments he made with free agency and after the Thursday night game last year

He, like most players is extremely ignorant....I like him as a player, but he&#39;s not a top 10 receiver in my opinion.

And why the f... retarded Pats fans have a stake in this one is beyond me. Anyone comparing Curtis Conway to JMAC has no idea.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by cdflip78[/i]@May 4 2004, 03:51 PM
    [b]

how??

All of the afore-mentioned comments he made with free agency and after the Thursday night game last year

He, like most players is extremely ignorant....I like him as a player, but he&#39;s not a top 10 receiver in my opinion.

And why the f... retarded Pats fans have a stake in this one is beyond me. Anyone comparing Curtis Conway to JMAC has no idea. [/b][/quote]
    He slipped because he, along with a few other FSU players, got a discount from a store.

Seeing you brought it up I will make a Mcareins/Conway analysis.

Conway was brought in largely because of his height and he was a fairly productive wideout to replace Coles. I know I brouhgt it up last offseason, but Conway was not a good possession/3rd down receiver, something Coles excelled at while a Jet. Conway has been a stretch the field type of receiver. McCareins is a similar type of receiver, only younger and with some upside. McCareins was not the goto guy in Tennessee, it was Derrick Mason. Can he be the man in NY? Remains to be seen. He can be productive, but what he does best, stretch the field, is not exactly Chad&#39;s strength. Plus, unless the Jets stop throwing to their backs (i.e. eating a lot of reception sup), the wideout position is not going to generate multiple 70+ 1000 yard seasons from the wideout position. I think Moss comes down and McCareins goes up slightly and each will have about 700-800 yards. I would also not be surprised if McCareins put up conway numbers.

I would take that bet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+May 4 2004, 12:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ May 4 2004, 12:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--cdflip78[/i]@May 4 2004, 03:51 PM
    [b]

how??

And why the f... retarded Pats fans have a stake in this one is beyond me. Anyone comparing Curtis Conway to JMAC has no idea. [/b][/quote]
    He slipped because he, along with a few other FSU players, got a discount from a store.

Seeing you brought it up I will make a Mcareins/Conway analysis.

Conway was brought in largely because of his height and he was a fairly productive wideout to replace Coles. I know I brouhgt it up last offseason, but Conway was not a good possession/3rd down receiver, something Coles excelled at while a Jet. Conway has been a stretch the field type of receiver. McCareins is a similar type of receiver, only younger and with some upside. McCareins was not the goto guy in Tennessee, it was Derrick Mason. Can he be the man in NY? Remains to be seen. He can be productive, but what he does best, stretch the field, is not exactly Chad&#39;s strength. Plus, unless the Jets stop throwing to their backs (i.e. eating a lot of reception sup), the wideout position is not going to generate multiple 70+ 1000 yard seasons from the wideout position. I think Moss comes down and McCareins goes up slightly and each will have about 700-800 yards. I would also not be surprised if McCareins put up conway numbers.

I would take that bet. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ll give &#036;100 to the site if McCaerins puts up Conway #&#39;s (barring injury of course)
    You give &#036;100 to the site if McCaerins exceeds Conway #&#39;s

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear Crickets

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@May 4 2004, 12:10 PM
    [b] Conway was brought in largely because of his height and he was a fairly productive wideout to replace Coles. I know I brouhgt it up last offseason, but Conway was not a good possession/3rd down receiver, something Coles excelled at while a Jet. Conway has been a stretch the field type of receiver. McCareins is a similar type of receiver, only younger and with some upside. McCareins was not the goto guy in Tennessee, it was Derrick Mason. Can he be the man in NY? Remains to be seen. He can be productive, but what he does best, stretch the field, is not exactly Chad&#39;s strength. Plus, unless the Jets stop throwing to their backs (i.e. eating a lot of reception sup), the wideout position is not going to generate multiple 70+ 1000 yard seasons from the wideout position. I think Moss comes down and McCareins goes up slightly and each will have about 700-800 yards. I would also not be surprised if McCareins put up conway numbers.

I would take that bet. [/b][/quote]
    Conway was 31 and on the downside of his career. JMac is 25 and on the upside of his career. Last season JMac had 5 more TD&#39;s and relatively similar yardage in an offense that had Mason, Calico, Bennett, and himself. Now he is a clear cut starter. That&#39;s a terrible bet on your part if you take it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/StratfordLandingES/Ecology/Insects/Field%20Cricket/fldcrckt.gif[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@May 4 2004, 04:17 PM
    [b] I&#39;ll give &#036;100 to the site if McCaerins puts up Conway #&#39;s (barring injury of course)
    You give &#036;100 to the site if McCaerins exceeds Conway #&#39;s [/b][/quote]
    I will take a bet, but not at Conway&#39;s numbers though.

Conway sucked last year. What numbers do you see for McCareins pope?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@May 4 2004, 12:59 PM
    [b] What numbers do you see for McCareins pope? [/b][/quote]

55-750-6

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    first off Coles felt disrespected by the Jets and Bradway for obviously lowballing him.

I never perceived him coming off as an arrogant thug....he stared down coaches when he was on the Jets too...it gets him pumped, big deal.

Coles liked the jets...he wanted to stay.

Coles and an excellent year for the Jets in 2002, and was up there as our toughest player.

He got a big pay day from the Redskins, i just dont see how you can call him a thug.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@May 4 2004, 01:01 PM
    [b]

55-750-6 [/b][/quote]
    Tex he did better than that starting just 10 games last year&#33;&#33;
    I see 70 1000+ 8 ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+May 4 2004, 12:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ May 4 2004, 12:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@May 4 2004, 04:17 PM
    [b] I&#39;ll give &#036;100 to the site if McCaerins puts up Conway #&#39;s (barring injury of course)
    You give &#036;100 to the site if McCaerins exceeds Conway #&#39;s [/b][/quote]
    I will take a bet, but not at Conway&#39;s numbers though.

Conway sucked last year. What numbers do you see for McCareins pope? [/b][/quote]
    I have no idea what his numbers will be but I do know he&#39;s a MUCH better football player than Conway.

You initiated the bet and were comparing him to Conway, what happened?