Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Got Back From Seeing Dubya

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back from seeing W himself at a rally here in metro Detroit where I thought he did an excellent job. Yeah I'm a bit biased I know.

Anyways, during the speech, two Anti-Bush protesters who had managed to plant themselves deep into the crowd and close to the stage let loose with their typical crap, screaming and yelling until they were removed for their disorderly conduct.

Anywho I have personally protested outside a Kerry rally, and while on duty, have stood by as security as U.S. Congresspersons and Senators of the Democratic persuasion have spoke their peace. Never at a single event both on or off-duty have I ever expereinced a "conservative protester" disrupt a legal assembly given by Sen. Kerry, Sen Levin, Rep. Levin and a number of others.

So I guess I have two questions?

1) Why do these people (sorry it seems to be predominantly liberal protestors) feel the need to illegally disrupt a legal assembly?

2) Have you ever seen a Democratic speaker get interrupted by a conservative minded protestor?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, I had the comeback quote of the night against an anti-Bush protester.

As I was walking by, a 34 year old guy in a WWII Class A coat ( :blink: ?) and an anti-war sign says "don't you know people are dying over there?".

My comeback, "People are dying in Detroit left and right, I don't see you protesting down there". Speechless, and with his own fellow protesters laughing, he decided to move on.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]1) Why do these people (sorry it seems to be predominantly liberal protestors) feel the need to illegally disrupt a legal assembly?
    [/b][/quote]

The same reason right wing nuts feel the need to illegally disrupt liberal speakers. Oh and blow up legal abortion clinics too. Right Wing World has it's own share of political wackos Gun. Being a Righty, you just refuse to see that.

[quote][b]2) Have you ever seen a Democratic speaker get interrupted by a conservative minded protestor?[/b][/quote]

Yes, at any event regarding free speech, gun control or abortion (among a dozen other issues).

The right hates the left, the left hates the right, and round and round we go....where it stops? Sadly, I think I know........

Sadly, the left is just as insane and extremist as the right (or is that the other way around, LOL).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone is stupid but Warfish....

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, Guns. Your story lost all credibility when you said Dubya did "an excellent job." :lol: Like anybody's gonna believe THAT.

Seriously though, I have seen plenty of a-hole right-wing protestors. They seem to think they can shout down people who don't agree with them, as if volume were a substitute for ideas. There's plenty of that on both sides.

Can't blame you for taking a verbal shot at that one guy. I guess, if heard someone say something obvious like that, I would have reminded him that most folks were aware of that, already.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You see guys, there are jerks on both sides...right and left, Dem and GOP, black and white, green and yellow, happy and sad, tall and short, thin and fat...why am I the only one who can see this? Can't we all just get along??" - Warfish :lol: ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    kerry was interrupted by conservative idiots at a recent speech..they were waving their smelly flip flops..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been to several rally's and protests and have watched garbage spewed from both sides though I must say while conservatives are more aggressive the real hated comes from the left.

A year ago, as I've said on this board, I protested heir hillary outside a book signing in White Plains. I didn't rant and rave as I didn't want to incite anyone or get thrown out by the police. The majority (99%) of the hillary supporters were very nasty to me but that is what I expected and that was fine. What I didn't expect was their juvenile approach. Basically it seemed they had little to no intelligence when trying to argue their point with me.

My issue with the libs and their protests is the following; these so called "peace protests" or "anti-Bush rallies" turn into nothing more than "let's hate America functions" and you see it time and time again whether you watch these protests on C-Span or have participated in counter-protests as I have. Again, it shouldn't surprise me as many of these protests are run by commie organizations like ANSWER.

Next time they have one see how many Hamas flags are flying, how many people are carrying signs demanding an end to the embargo in Cuba or have some other gripe about America which has nothing to do with peace.

Anyway, I'm sure GOB can attest they are a lot of fun. We are planning on a pro-Bush/pro-America rally at the GOP convention in the city this August to counter the fleabags that will be polluting the city streets so keep it on your calendar (I can probably offer free lodging for out of towners like GOB and 5ever if they want to come down).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Posts by all.

[b][u]Warfish [/u][/b]you misunderstood my question man. I didn't create this thread to say that only liberal protestors disrupt legal assemblies, I just had never personally seen the opposite happen and was curious if anyone else had.

Evidently plenty of you have seen a conservative protestor disrupt a rally as well which sounds about right.

Bman - those guys waving flip flops......u gotta admit that's kind of funny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 4 2004, 09:48 AM
    [b] kerry was interrupted by conservative idiots at a recent speech..they were waving their smelly flip flops.. [/b][/quote]
    Now thats funny!

[img]http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/16135.jpg[/img]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    kerry is a scmuck..but he's a lot better than a monkey braines schmuck like bush..
    I just think Kerry is not as INSANE as Bush.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    quite simply GOB, Bush doesn't ever see his protesters... they are kept at a safe distance... maybe these people wanted to get in his face (as if he would listen to what they had to say, yeah ok)

as for legality, maybe they figured if Bush can crap all over international law with his unjust wars, why should they respect the law?

what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 4 2004, 10:24 AM
    [b] kerry is a scmuck..but he's a lot better than a monkey braines schmuck like bush..
    I just think Kerry is not as INSANE as Bush. [/b][/quote]
    Right...rather a pyscho-path who can't make up his mind...he'll send warships towards the ME to defend America then just as they arrive, decide he doesn't want to do it and have them turn around.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:01 AM
    [b] quite simply GOB, Bush doesn't ever see his protesters... they are kept at a safe distance... maybe these people wanted to get in his face (as if he would listen to what they had to say, yeah ok)

as for legality, maybe they figured if Bush can crap all over international law with his unjust wars, why should they respect the law?

what's good for the goose is good for the gander. [/b][/quote]
    yet you'll support a self-admitted war criminal?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 4 2004, 09:48 AM
    [b] kerry was interrupted by conservative idiots at a recent speech..they were waving their smelly flip flops.. [/b][/quote]
    Oh, yeah. The flip-flops are both funny and [u][b]very effective[/b][/u]!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:01 AM
    [b] quite simply GOB, Bush doesn't ever see his protesters... they are kept at a safe distance... maybe these people wanted to get in his face (as if he would listen to what they had to say, yeah ok)

what's good for the goose is good for the gander. [/b][/quote]
    "International Law" - hilarious.

Bitonti - You're wrong - Bush [i]kills[/i] protestors, turns them into oil, and then sells them to Halliburton, who then turns around and sells this oil to John Q Public at a huge markup!

Bush should be sitting in a Belgian prison....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 4 2004, 10:24 AM
    [b] kerry is a scmuck..but he's a lot better than a monkey braines schmuck like bush..
    [/b][/quote]
    Am I the only one enjoying the irony of this post?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318+May 4 2004, 11:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shakin318 @ May 4 2004, 11:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bman[/i]@May 4 2004, 10:24 AM
    [b] kerry is a scmuck..but he&#39;s a lot better than a monkey braines schmuck like bush..
    [/b][/quote]
    Am I the only one enjoying the irony of this post? [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think I have the braines to appreciate irony. Do you mean it&#39;s ironic like rain on your wedding day or ten thousands spoons when all you need is a knife?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:21 AM
    [b]
    [/b][/quote]
    there is law that says you can&#39;t just invade countries pre-emptively based on attacks they haven&#39;t made yet

you obviously don&#39;t think much of it (and neither does bush) but its a real law.

[b]come back[/b] i dunno when Kerry became a war criminal but to answer your question i would support the great satan himself over Bush.

George Bush is essentially the worst president we&#39;ve ever had in the history of the nation. You guys love him, hey that&#39;s great. He&#39;s proven himself nothing but incompentant in my eyes.... and every coffin that needlessly comes back draped in a flag only proves this point.

how about the Sinclair broadcasting group that refused to air nightline on its ABC Affiliates cause Nightline was reading the names of the soldiers? They said that talking about the dead would cheapen their deaths and hurt the cause or some other hooey - there are many around here that feel the same way.

[b]guns[/b] one thing i will say that protester and BUsh have in common, neither of them give a damn about detroit and who dies there...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+May 4 2004, 11:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ May 4 2004, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:21 AM
    [b]
    [/b][/quote]
    there is law that says you can&#39;t just invade countries pre-emptively based on attacks they haven&#39;t made yet

you obviously don&#39;t think much of it (and neither does bush) but its a real law.

[b]come back[/b] i dunno when Kerry became a war criminal but to answer your question i would support the great satan himself over Bush.

George Bush is essentially the worst president we&#39;ve ever had in the history of the nation. You guys love him, hey that&#39;s great. He&#39;s proven himself nothing but incompentant in my eyes.... and every coffin that needlessly comes back draped in a flag only proves this point.

how about the Sinclair broadcasting group that refused to air nightline on its ABC Affiliates cause Nightline was reading the names of the soldiers? They said that talking about the dead would cheapen their deaths and hurt the cause or some other hooey - there are many around here that feel the same way.

[b]guns[/b] one thing i will say that protester and BUsh have in common, neither of them give a damn about detroit and who dies there... [/b][/quote]
    Your funny Bit. International law.. HA&#33; Your kidding with that one right. You must have forgotten about 17 UN resolutions all of which Saddam didnt obide by. Those resolutions were Security Council Binding resolutions.

Anyway screw the UN. Its the most corrupt organization in the world. Who cares what they say.

Whats interesting is that while you say that GWB is the worst president ever, I think he&#39;s one of the better presidents. I also think that Reagan was the greatest President of our time.

As far as the sinclair group they didnt was to cheapen the lives of those soldiers for what they thought was a politically motivated reason. I still think they should have aired it. Its not their place to censor whats being broadcast. That said I also think the airing of the names could have been a politically motivated move.