Thread: neil odonnell turns down gints

Hall Of Fame
    just heard on 1050am that he doesnt want to play football anymore ....wants to go into TV (broadcasting)

All League
    He clearly only plays for classy organizations. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    I never knew he was interested in that and actually never saw him as a Sportscaster on any of the big networks during football season. News to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's going to be strange to see Vinny Testaverde in a Giants uniform if it happens.

There is a possibility that Kerry Collins will end up in Oakland replacing Rich Gannon, who could get released. Collins fits what Norv Turner, likes to do on offense. He's not as smart as Gannon but he's got a better arm. Gannon has better accuracy.

What's interesting is where all these QB's end up.

If Collins goes to Oakland.

Gannon, Vinny or Kurt Warner could go to Dallas.

Let's say it's Vinny to Tuna. The Giants will have a shot at Gannon or Warner.

The Giants new QB's coach is Hufnagel from The Pats and there is talk that he may be interested in former Pats backup, Damon Huard.

Call me crazy but if Gannon is out there and has no suitors after June 1st, The Jets might give him a call.

Gannon has a strong relationship with Paul Hackett. Hackett developed him and Rich knows this system extremely well and is bright enough to run our system.

He's probably the only veteran QB that The Jets would ever consider signing before the season.

Just some food for thought.

Jets Insider VIP
    I know there's talk of it, but I don't see any indication so far that Gannon will be leaving the Raiders....if for some reason he is released (cap reasons) he said he will not take less than 7 million or any cut in what he makes and would he be anyone's backup? (behind Pennington?) He's a tough guy. Also, if he does leave, the talk is Tampa being in the picture.

Where will Vinny end up? The talk is Dallas and Parcells hasn't denied the rumors, but with the Giants he'd be able to stay in NY.

Agree YJF, very interesting to see where the QB's will end up.

All League
    I do not see Gannon staying with Oakland-I expect him to be salary cap victim June 1st.
    Collins either replacing him in Oakland or possible going with Fassel connection in Baltimore.
    Parcell will want some one who is familiar with-that it is pattern he always keeps-Vinny to Dallas sounds right.

Veteran
    I dont like Gannon as a fit for the Giants at all. Gannon is purely a west coast passer. You automatically negate your best reciever, toomer b/c of gannon's lack of arm strength.

I think Vinny would be a much better fit for the giants.

They are in big trouble Eli will have to learn on the fly with no successful experienced QB to guide him.

No mention of the Phins...

I think Miami comes into the picture and picks up a veteran FA QB.

Feeley? Fiedler? Nope, the Phins are tired of losing with less than premier QBs since Marino. The signing of Boston shows they want to beef up their passing attack (chambers is no slouch too).

All Pro
    it`s neil O`denm mhjufmk w567uyc dvb dtrffbt
    o6ty4ehny4876h m, /nel :huh: :o I mean Neil O`donnell jet QB who pulled a hamsting warming up

I guess it proves what we knew along. Neil made so much money, as a back-up that he never has to work again.

The man was class in the games he played in last year - guess he wants to step out of the ring knowing he still has it in him, rather than playing a season of trash time. Besides, what veteran worth his sanity would play behind that offensive line?!

I would rather see Vinny in Dallas where he has a chance to succeed and go out with grace...not be tortured by Giants fans calling for Eli after the first snap