Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just watched the 98 opener

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 5 2004, 07:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 5 2004, 07:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@May 5 2004, 07:26 AM
    [b]
    I remember that game, my sister went and got married that day and they continuously interrupted me at the bar to take family photo&#39;s...... :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62; Pissed me off to no end......... :P

[/b][/quote]

Actually, if you watch the replay of that game enough times with your green-colored glasses, Hearst is actually stopped for a 3-yard gain and the Jets win on a FG. ;) [/b][/quote]
    really? :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by SurfCityJet[/i]@May 4 2004, 02:25 PM
    [b] My gut says he burned a bridge with the NFL icons like the Tuna because he lost his job based on injury and never got it back. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, he remained in touch with Parcells after he was out of the NFL. In fact, Parcells vouched for him to get him the Arena League gig (as a backup, believe it or not.) There was an article about it in The Bergen Record at the time.

Bottom line: Foley looked good at times, but he could never string together a multi-game streak, or even two in a row.

I still don&#39;t understand how he never worked out as an NFL backup, though.