Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just watched the 98 opener

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 5 2004, 07:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ May 5 2004, 07:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl@May 5 2004, 07:26 AM

I remember that game, my sister went and got married that day and they continuously interrupted me at the bar to take family photo&#39;s...... :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62; Pissed me off to no end.........

Actually, if you watch the replay of that game enough times with your green-colored glasses, Hearst is actually stopped for a 3-yard gain and the Jets win on a FG. [/b][/quote]
    really?

Rookie
    Originally posted by SurfCityJet@May 4 2004, 02:25 PM
    My gut says he burned a bridge with the NFL icons like the Tuna because he lost his job based on injury and never got it back.
    Actually, he remained in touch with Parcells after he was out of the NFL. In fact, Parcells vouched for him to get him the Arena League gig (as a backup, believe it or not.) There was an article about it in The Bergen Record at the time.

Bottom line: Foley looked good at times, but he could never string together a multi-game streak, or even two in a row.

I still don&#39;t understand how he never worked out as an NFL backup, though.