Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Most Improved NFL Teams 2004

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Should the Jets be on this list????

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1794386]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...john&id=1794386[/url]

All Pro
    If you check again you`ll see they have only two AFC teams onthe list all from the west..there work was INCOMPLETE! :unsure: of course we should be on the list..

I feel all those teams made big improvements,the only clear cut team we had a better offseason than was Seattle

More haters . . .

One thing I noticed is the Bucs -- they currently have 18 OL on the roster. Kenyatta Walker, Matt O'Dwyer or Matt Stinchcomb would be a nice addition.

The only time I'll care about such a list is during the football season, when they're taking gameplay into account.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by suprjet[/i]@May 4 2004, 04:41 PM
    [b] More haters . . .

One thing I noticed is the Bucs -- they currently have 18 OL on the roster. Kenyatta Walker, Matt O'Dwyer or Matt Stinchcomb would be a nice addition. [/b][/quote]
    i totally aggree...would love one of those guys...

All League
    In the offseason it is all about big names. There is no way that TB getting Galloway and Ian Gold is better than J Mac and Barton, but they have bigger names. Also, if Oakland getting Ted Washington and Sapp for their D line is such a good move then why did their old teams let them go? The regular season games will determine who had the best offseason.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by stonehands[/i]@May 4 2004, 12:50 PM
    [b] Also, if Oakland getting Ted Washington and Sapp for their D line is such a good move then why did their old teams let them go? [/b][/quote]

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

as soon as clayton even MENTIONED the falcons picking up aaron beasley as an improvment the article lost all credibility.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by shuler82[/i]@May 4 2004, 05:17 PM
    [b] as soon as clayton even MENTIONED the falcons picking up aaron beasley as an improvment the article lost all credibility. [/b][/quote]
    lol

Clayton never ever ever gives respect to the Jets.

[quote][i]Originally posted by shuler82[/i]@May 4 2004, 01:17 PM
    [b] as soon as clayton even MENTIONED the falcons picking up aaron beasley as an improvment the article lost all credibility. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed

All League
    This article lost all credibility when it lists the Falcons @ 3 and saying that one of the reasons is because

"The cornerback position is completely revamped with DeAngelo Hall, Jason Webster and Aaron Beasley. "

Ok, Beasley and revamped should never appear in the same sentence... When fragile Vick breaks another bone, we&#39;ll hear the excuses again bout the shouldves and couldves of this team... <_<

Also the Seahawks have no business on there at all... in fact Id say that they actually had a sub-par offseason...

When the games begin, the Jets will show up&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Do you know how many times these guys are right? Very rarely. Let them speak this blasphemic rhetoric, but when it comes down to it, I dont want one expert saying we have a shot next year because those are the teams that do well.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Did you guys ever stop and THINK that maybe it&#39;s a good thing? Maybe it&#39;s a compliment you were left off the 10 most improved list. To be on that list you really had to have sucked the previous year. Notice my Dolphins are not on the list....they were too good to improve alot.

I always remember when I was 10 yrs. old I got a trophy at the end of the year bowling league banquet for MOST IMPROVED BOWLER. At first I was quite proud, then I got to thinking, if I got this award (and I really wasn&#39;t that good at the end) then they must have really thought I SUCKED in the beginning :o &#33;

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2[/i]@May 4 2004, 02:38 PM
    [b] To be on that list you really had to have sucked the previous year. [/b][/quote]

DW, what the hell do you call a 6-10 record? :blink: :blink:

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 4 2004, 02:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 4 2004, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2[/i]@May 4 2004, 02:38 PM
    [b] To be on that list you really had to have sucked the previous year. [/b][/quote]

DW, what the hell do you call a 6-10 record? :blink: :blink: [/b][/quote]
    I call it "Bad Luck" ;)

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 4 2004, 06:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 4 2004, 06:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2[/i]@May 4 2004, 02:38 PM

DW, what the hell do you call a 6-10 record? :blink: :blink: [/b][/quote]
    ahh, I was just feeling generous

I try to be reasonable and unbiased with this team, but let&#39;s look at our additions. Some of them are not only on-field personnel, but coaching staff/philosophy.

McCareins>Conway
    Barton>Lewis
    Barrett>Beasley
    Moore>Szott
    Tounge>Garnes

Simply looking at the draft, we acquired arguably the best lb and cb in college, with Vilma and Strait. If not the best, both should be considered in the top 4 in their respective positions. Our overall team speed and aggressiveness has improved.

We&#39;ve upgraded our special teams with McClover, McCarreins, and Cotchery, our OL with Jones and Cravka, depth at S with Coleman and Weaver, and help at DE with Johnson.

Chad now has bigger, faster targets in McCarreins and Cotchery which should allow Moss to match up one on one.

We also upgraded our coaching staff, changing from a passive, read react system, to a much more aggressive, man to man type. Marcin could help develop Robertson, Ellis, Thomas and Abe.

Having Penny and Evans back for a full season should help, too.

That&#39;s fine. Let&#39;s slip under the radar and surprise everyone.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MiamiJet[/i]@May 4 2004, 03:29 PM
    [b]

Simply looking at the draft, we acquired arguably the best lb and cb in college, with Vilma and Strait. [/b][/quote]

Derrick Strait a better CB than Hall and Robinson? :blink: :blink: