Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 Most Improved NFL Teams 2004

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    PatsFan is right.

Despite history telling us otherwise, just the fact that Robinson and Hall were taken ahead of Strait is enough. I have no argument, despite my earlier statements.

After all, the scouts and numerous teams were right when William Green was taken ahead of Clinton Portis. Quentin Jammer ahead of Phillip Buchannon, Gerard Warren ahead of Richard Seymour, Justin Smith ahead of Andre Carter, etc.

PatFan, you are 100% right. :blink: :blink: :unsure:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@May 4 2004, 07:52 PM
    [b]
    My response to Miami was that he was making claims that Strait should have been higher up on the board than Hall or Robinson based on some meaningless awards he won.

[/b][/quote]
    Hey Tx, the only quarrel I have in what you're saying is that while the awards are meaningless, they DO have some meaning.

Clearly Hall and Dunta were rated and drafted higher than Strait because both have superior physical talents that project to better production at the next level than Strait.

But Strait won those awards because of his incredible production as a player at a top program, kind of like the Heisman trophy.

And while neither trophy means you should be drafted any higher than you deserve, I think, at least in Strait's case, he had awesome production that may continue at the pro level.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JStokes[/i]@May 4 2004, 08:53 PM
    [b]
    Hey Tx, the only quarrel I have in what you're saying is that while the awards are meaningless, they DO have some meaning.

Clearly Hall and Dunta were rated and drafted higher than Strait because both have superior physical talents that project to better production at the next level than Strait.

[/b][/quote]

OK, final word on this.

Maybe "meaningless" was a bad choice of words on my part. I caught the last two Oklahoma-Texas games and Strait's performance in big games was outstanding.

I've said from the time the Jets drafted him, it was a very good choice.

And Miami, maybe he will be a better pro than Hall and Robinson. I think Stokes males a very good point about having superior physical talents with regards to where they were selected.

Let's see if Hermy puts this "shut-down corner" on the field from day one. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: who care if we are not on some damn list????

Anyone with a brain would know that this team has improved vastly....sheet before last year if you told people the Carolina Panthers were gonna get to the superbowl...you would have been stoned.

Bottom line is the team just got better.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    every year guys taken in the later rounds turn out to be better than guys taken in the first round @ the same position...so its very very possible that straight could be better than some of the corners taken in the first...we just never know till they have time on the field...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET[/i]@May 5 2004, 05:52 AM
    [b] every year guys taken in the later rounds turn out to be better than guys taken in the first round @ the same position...so its very very possible that straight could be better than some of the corners taken in the first...we just never know till they have time on the field... [/b][/quote]
    Thats right, and the flip side of that is that every year someone over pays for a work out wonder in the first round like D Rob and gets much less than what they were hoping for. Like you said, you have to get them on the field first. The draft is a crap shoot, for instance, we both got are starting QBs in the same draft, the Jets took Pennington in the 1st round and we took Brady in the 6th. At the time, even Pats fans would have bet that Pennington would have turned out to be the better NFL starter, but the reality is its Brady thats had more success. Like I said the draft is a crap shoot and you can never tell what round you next pro-bowler will come from.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shasta+May 5 2004, 01:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shasta @ May 5 2004, 01:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LockeJET[/i]@May 5 2004, 05:52 AM
    [b] every year guys taken in the later rounds turn out to be better than guys taken in the first round @ the same position...so its very very possible that straight could be better than some of the corners taken in the first...we just never know till they have time on the field... [/b][/quote]
    Thats right, and the flip side of that is that every year someone over pays for a work out wonder in the first round like D Rob and gets much less than what they were hoping for. Like you said, you have to get them on the field first. The draft is a crap shoot, for instance, we both got are starting QBs in the same draft, the Jets took Pennington in the 1st round and we took Brady in the 6th. At the time, even Pats fans would have bet that Pennington would have turned out to be the better NFL starter, but the reality is its Brady thats had more success. Like I said the draft is a crap shoot and you can never tell what round you next pro-bowler will come from. [/b][/quote]
    drob will break out this year.....he will ahve a huge year...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET+May 5 2004, 09:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (LockeJET @ May 5 2004, 09:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -shasta@May 5 2004, 01:32 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--LockeJET[/i]@May 5 2004, 05:52 AM
    Thats right, and the flip side of that is that every year someone over pays for a work out wonder in the first round like D Rob and gets much less than what they were hoping for. Like you said, you have to get them on the field first. The draft is a crap shoot, for instance, we both got are starting QBs in the same draft, the Jets took Pennington in the 1st round and we took Brady in the 6th. At the time, even Pats fans would have bet that Pennington would have turned out to be the better NFL starter, but the reality is its Brady thats had more success. Like I said the draft is a crap shoot and you can never tell what round you next pro-bowler will come from. [/b][/quote]
    drob will break out this year.....he will ahve a huge year... [/b][/quote]
    I can understand your optimism but I wouldn&#39;t bet on D Rob being much more than what he was last year. By your logic, I should expect Ty Warren to have a break-out year and become dominant just because he&#39;s had a year in the system to develop. It&#39;s rare that a player goes from average at best as a rookie, and within a year becomes a force. It could happen, I just wouldn&#39;t bet on it for either of them.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shasta+May 5 2004, 02:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shasta @ May 5 2004, 02:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -LockeJET@May 5 2004, 09:57 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -shasta@May 5 2004, 01:32 PM
    I can understand your optimism but I wouldn&#39;t bet on D Rob being much more than what he was last year. By your logic, I should expect Ty Warren to have a break-out year and become dominant just because he&#39;s had a year in the system to develop. It&#39;s rare that a player goes from average at best as a rookie, and within a year becomes a force. It could happen, I just wouldn&#39;t bet on it for either of them. [/b][/quote]
    I didnt state no logic moron..I just said Drob will have a great year.... I said nothing about him being good cause he has a year under his belt..Tackles are slow starters..Look @ Sapps #&#39;s his rookie year... As far as upside goes, drob has a much bigger upside than Ty crap Warren so drobs chances of a break out year are much better..If Warren is gona good than why did u guys draft another tackle even though u have Warren and Seymore..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET[/i]@May 5 2004, 10:31 AM
    [b] If Warren is gona good than why did u guys draft another tackle even though u have Warren and Seymore.. [/b][/quote]

Because you can [b]NEVER[/b] have enough depth on the D-Line.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 5 2004, 02:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 5 2004, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LockeJET[/i]@May 5 2004, 10:31 AM
    [b] If Warren is gona good than why did u guys draft another tackle even though u have Warren and Seymore.. [/b][/quote]

Because you can [b]NEVER[/b] have enough depth on the D-Line. [/b][/quote]
    I HEAR YA&#33;&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET+May 5 2004, 10:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (LockeJET @ May 5 2004, 10:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -shasta@May 5 2004, 02:22 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -LockeJET@May 5 2004, 09:57 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -shasta@May 5 2004, 01:32 PM
    I can understand your optimism but I wouldn&#39;t bet on D Rob being much more than what he was last year. By your logic, I should expect Ty Warren to have a break-out year and become dominant just because he&#39;s had a year in the system to develop. It&#39;s rare that a player goes from average at best as a rookie, and within a year becomes a force. It could happen, I just wouldn&#39;t bet on it for either of them. [/b][/quote]
    I didnt state no logic moron..I just said Drob will have a great year.... I said nothing about him being good cause he has a year under his belt..Tackles are slow starters..Look @ Sapps #&#39;s his rookie year... As far as upside goes, drob has a much bigger upside than Ty crap Warren so drobs chances of a break out year are much better..If Warren is gona good than why did u guys draft another tackle even though u have Warren and Seymore.. [/b][/quote]
    And your still not stating any logic or intelligance, so congrades on the whole blind faith and wishful thinging thing you&#39;ve got going on. "D Rob will be great just because&#33;&#33;&#33;" You know what, I think that your lucid, well articulated arguments have just changed my mind on the subject, wait,,, your right D Rob will be great just because. I&#39;m sold&#33;&#33;&#33; :rolleyes: :lol: By the way, who&#39;s the moron again???

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    he showed promise&#33;&#33;&#33; and will brek out&#33;&#33;&#33; talk to me next year...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET[/i]@May 5 2004, 11:13 AM
    [b] he showed promise&#33;&#33;&#33; and will brek out&#33;&#33;&#33; talk to me next year... [/b][/quote]
    Will do. ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET[/i]@May 5 2004, 11:13 AM
    [b] he showed promise&#33;&#33;&#33; and will brek out&#33;&#33;&#33; talk to me next year... [/b][/quote]

Just like Bryan Thomas? :lol:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 5 2004, 03:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 5 2004, 03:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LockeJET[/i]@May 5 2004, 11:13 AM

Just like Bryan Thomas? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    bryan thomas never showed any promise...... drob has all the tools to be a monster and my opinion is he will ahve a damn good year....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET+May 5 2004, 11:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (LockeJET @ May 5 2004, 11:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanTX@May 5 2004, 03:24 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--LockeJET[/i]@May 5 2004, 11:13 AM

bryan thomas never showed any promise...... drob has all the tools to be a monster and my opinion is he will ahve a damn good year.... [/b][/quote]
    In my opinion Ty Warren has all the tools to be a monster and showed every bit as much promise as D Rob. As far as prospects go, you can say what you want but I smell a 1st class bust.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shasta+May 5 2004, 04:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shasta @ May 5 2004, 04:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -LockeJET@May 5 2004, 11:37 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanTX@May 5 2004, 03:24 PM

bryan thomas never showed any promise...... drob has all the tools to be a monster and my opinion is he will ahve a damn good year.... [/b][/quote]
    In my opinion Ty Warren has all the tools to be a monster and showed every bit as much promise as D Rob. As far as prospects go, you can say what you want but I smell a 1st class bust. [/b][/quote]
    shows how DUMB u pats fans are...calling a d tackle a bust after 1 year...history has proven that d tackles mature in there 2nd and 3rd years....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET+May 5 2004, 12:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (LockeJET @ May 5 2004, 12:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -shasta@May 5 2004, 04:20 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -LockeJET@May 5 2004, 11:37 AM

In my opinion Ty Warren has all the tools to be a monster and showed every bit as much promise as D Rob. As far as prospects go, you can say what you want but I smell a 1st class bust. [/b][/quote]
    shows how DUMB u pats fans are...calling a d tackle a bust after 1 year...history has proven that d tackles mature in there 2nd and 3rd years.... [/b][/quote]
    So what your saying is that if he isn&#39;t a monster ths year, he will be next year? :o

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shasta+May 5 2004, 04:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shasta @ May 5 2004, 04:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -LockeJET@May 5 2004, 12:34 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -shasta@May 5 2004, 04:20 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -LockeJET@May 5 2004, 11:37 AM

shows how DUMB u pats fans are...calling a d tackle a bust after 1 year...history has proven that d tackles mature in there 2nd and 3rd years.... [/b][/quote]
    So what your saying is that if he isn&#39;t a monster ths year, he will be next year? :o [/b][/quote]
    NO, im saying that pats fans are DUMB&#33;&#33;&#33;