Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: jordan jolts us JETS

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this was posted before BUT:
    After three years of being the dutiful understudy to Curtis Martin, LaMont Jordan believes he's ready for a starting role. He has felt that way for some time, but he always managed to keep quiet - until yesterday. it was only a matter of time..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetdawg[/i]@May 4 2004, 05:20 PM
    [b] Not sure if this was posted before BUT:
    After three years of being the dutiful understudy to Curtis Martin, LaMont Jordan believes he's ready for a starting role. He has felt that way for some time, but he always managed to keep quiet - until yesterday. it was only a matter of time.. [/b][/quote]
    I don't blame him. Hopefully he'll get to carry the ball more this season. He also needs to learn to hang on to the ball. :blink:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    right.
    jordan simply stated that he'd like an opportunity to get on the field- if the jets can guarantee that, he'd strongly consider signing a new contract. but knowing herm, we know there's no way that's happening.. can't say i blame the guy. but dont try to depict him as starting trouble

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    theres no reason why herm cant give jordan more carries. people saying that curtis makes a lot of money to not more carries , i think thats bull****.....to keep them both fresh and ready to go play both ,,,,you dont have to give jordan 50% but more than 3-5 carries a game is do-able

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Any word from SOOTH on how that meeting went today with LJ his agent and the JETS?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im telling ya...split the carries 60/40, keep both backs fresh and happy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Brooklyn Jet[/i]@May 4 2004, 09:06 PM
    [b] Im telling ya...split the carries 60/40, keep both backs fresh and happy. [/b][/quote]
    I really like that idea a lot. Especially if the Jets dictate playing time by momentum. Eg If Martin is dominating a game, he gets all the carries, but if Jordan is having a hot day he gets the carries.

Even though we havent seen a lot of Jordan, I really think he is the type of back that wont do as well as a consistent runner as he will as a 10 carry guy, busting a few of them big. I could be wrong, but I def see these two working well with this 60/40 system.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just think this guy should have been traded...splitting time sounds good, but I think a rb like Curtis needs some carries to get going not 10-15 a game. The Jets will not be able to re-sign Jordan therefore all they will be doing this year is auditioning him for other teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Brooklyn Jet[/i]@May 4 2004, 05:06 PM
    [b] Im telling ya...split the carries 60/40, keep both backs fresh and happy. [/b][/quote]
    thats sound like a good idea to me, I`ll run that by LJ/agent...makes me wonder if it`ll work though!
    [img]http://www.fansedge.com/Images/Product/33-25/33-25094-P.jpg[/img]