Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebuilding year or contenders?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: without the free agent aquisitions I would say rebuilding but we have a nice crew of young proven veterans....put that with a nice draft and I also look around the league.

The Jets are definite contenders. No reason not to feel that way.

You don't rebuild with Chad-C. Martin-Moss-Mcareins-Mawae-Abraham-Ellis-Evans-Barton-Vilma-Cowart-D- Abraham-McGraw-Mickens etc in your line up.....you are nuts if you think this is a rebuilding year for the Jets.

The Dolphins have an unproven QB.....revamped O-line and new faces in the defensive backfield.....thats more rebuilding than the jets.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:30 PM
    [b] you are nuts if you think this is a rebuilding year for the Jets.

[/b][/quote]
    Heil Hitler,,,

:blink:

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: look at how the league has been the last few years...team turn it around quick.....the Jets have had one losing season in the last 6 years....playoff berths two out of the last three. Last year was horrid and we were in almost every game......we addressed needs and also had a good draft...this team will be at least 10-6....why not be optimistic? I look at the talent with this team and around the league...the Jets will be decent.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:37 PM
    [b] :ph34r: look at how the league has been the last few years...team turn it around quick.....the Jets have had one losing season in the last 6 years....playoff berths two out of the last three. Last year was horrid and we were in almost every game......we addressed needs and also had a good draft...this team will be at least 10-6....why not be optimistic? I look at the talent with this team and around the league...the Jets will be decent. [/b][/quote]
    my post was optimistic, just not to the biggest Herm asskisser around i guess,,
    new scheme, new scheme, new scheme,,,i said if they picked it up faster than history in the nfl dictates they could be a playoff team,,u need to take the asskissing glasses off long enuf to recogize posts for the whole content ,,,some posters never change ;)

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: are u still on the crack??? The jets made the playoffs in 2001 and 2002 and won a division and then had a horrid 2003 season.......we then went out and got some quality free agents and had a great draft....does that compute with you????

What point are you trying to make?

Listen rookie if you are not gonna make sense then get outta here and get us Vets some coffee or donuts or something.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:43 PM
    [b] :ph34r: are u still on the crack??? The jets made the playoffs in 2001 and 2002 and won a division and then had a horrid 2003 season.......we then went out and got some quality free agents and had a great draft....does that compute with you????

Listen rookie if you are not gonna make sense then get outta here and get us Vets some coffee or donuts or something. [/b][/quote]
    If i were the one bringing you that coffee, it might taste a little funny. Respectfully disagreeing is one thing, sarcasm and off-color jokes are even cool in the right context, but putting yourself above another simply because you have way too much time on your hands (or keyboard) is obnoxious.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patman[/i]@May 4 2004, 09:23 PM
    [b]

There is no depth at safety, and none at QB. [/b][/quote]
    Not a great point considering the Patriots don't have a depth at QB either. ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@May 4 2004, 11:43 PM
    [b] :ph34r: are u still on the crack??? The jets made the playoffs in 2001 and 2002 and won a division and then had a horrid 2003 season.......we then went out and got some quality free agents and had a great draft....does that compute with you????

Listen rookie if you are not gonna make sense then get outta here and get us Vets some coffee or donuts or something. [/b][/quote]
    rookie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

is your life reached such a pathetic point that you close a debate by saying you have more posts (a wrong assumption) so u are right?

i assume they will be great with the new scheme from day 1??? dont be an ass,,,i hope they will , but history says it wont happen for at least 4-6 weeks....

rookie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned
    [b]The jets made the playoffs in 2001 and 2002 and won a division and then had a horrid 2003 season[/b]

Gotta give you credit freak. You are by far the most blind optomist on the board. ;) The Jets "barely" squeaked into the playoffs and then ended up being embarrassed with early exits each of those two years. Also, under your fearless leader, the Jets regular season record has regressed each year he has been the King of Gotham. :lol:

[b]we then went out and got some quality free agents and had a great draft....does that compute with you????[/b]

Quality FA's? The guys the Jets signed were 2nd tier acquisitions. The "quality" guys the Jets wanted, signed with other teams because your FO couldn't close the deal. Your draft signings haven't played one down in the NFL. I think you said the same thing about DRob last year and look at his performance as a rookie. :lol:

[b]What point are you trying to make?[/b]

I think he is telling you that you are nuts if you think the Jets are legitimate contenders for something other than backing into (again!) a Wild Card position.

[b]Listen rookie if you are not gonna make sense then get outta here and get us Vets some coffee or donuts or something.[/b]

He made a lot of sense. You're the one not making any sense. Now go get that rookie a cup of coffee, he obviously knows more about the game of football than you give him credit for.