Thread: just curious...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to somehow see if I can volunteer or try to get an internship at WQAM 560 for the summer. I'm going to be a sophomore at FSU in august and just decided i wanted to do a communications degree so i can try and be a sports broadcaster. I'm havin a hard time tryin to reach the station though, because they're number is unlisted in the phone book and calling 411 gives me wrong numbers when i ask for the station. I need to try and get some sort of experience so that I can get accepted into the comm. program. (it's the hardest major to get accepted into at fsu). Anyone have any ideas?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mavrik[/i]@May 4 2004, 04:19 PM
    [b]I'm trying to somehow see if I can volunteer or try to get an internship at WQAM 560 for the summer. I'm going to be a sophomore at FSU in august and just decided i wanted to do a communications degree so i can try and be a sports broadcaster. I'm havin a hard time tryin to reach the station though, because they're number is unlisted in the phone book and calling 411 gives me wrong numbers when i ask for the station. I need to try and get some sort of experience so that I can get accepted into the comm. program. (it's the hardest major to get accepted into at fsu). Anyone have any ideas?[/b][/quote]
    Scroll down till you see the phone number!!

[url=http://www.wqam.com/cgi-bin/navobjs?template=template.htm&recno=23&template=template.htm]http://www.wqam.com/cgi-bin/navobjs?templa...te=template.htm[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    give 940 Fox radio a shot

owned by clear channel and they are the new entrant into sports talk radio down here and might be easier to crack into than WQAM

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys.. I emailed one of the guys at WQAM earlier today and I'm gonna try to get a hold of that 940 station tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to do something in some capacity at either one of them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mavrik[/i]@May 4 2004, 09:41 PM
    [b] thanks guys.. I emailed one of the guys at WQAM earlier today and I'm gonna try to get a hold of that 940 station tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to do something in some capacity at either one of them. [/b][/quote]
    Good luck! :)