Thread: That was disgusting that...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was so sad that the heroic pat Tillman's funeral was MC'd by JIM ROME. That guy hasnt said a sentence with more than 4 words since he ever had the ability to be heard by PEOPLE. I was watching to pay my respects since I couldnt be their in person (I live in New York) He ruined the moment!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never been a fan of J Rome at all, ever. But I have to give him credit for one thing. When Tillman's death was announced, ALL Sports coverage was a 5 minute blurb about Tillman, followed by hour long stories about Eli Manning holding out and about B Bonds and steriods.

J Rome dedicated his whole entire radio show to P Tillman. If anyone called about anything else, he cut them off and told them to kindly call tomorrow, this day is to honor and respect P Tillman. While I still honestly don't like his radio or TV show, he earned alot of respect from me for the way he handled that.

That all being said, he is the LAST person that should be giving eulogies or MC'ing P Tillman's funeral. In fact, who the hell MC's a funeral??!! :blink: :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually y'all, Mr Tillman's family asked Jim to do that. They wanted him to do it, so that's why he did it. Y'all may not like him, but Mr. Tillman did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Too Many people put the Football angle on Tillman..I don't..He
    was just a great American, as every other one of our Great
    Military is who have paid the ultimate sacrifice!! God Bless them all!!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@May 4 2004, 07:47 PM
    [b] Too Many people put the Football angle on Tillman..I don't..He
    Military is who have paid the ultimate sacrifice!! God Bless them all!! [/b][/quote]
    Exactly.

Hey Savage, we agree on something!!!!! :lol: :lol: Now, what's your thoughts on L Jordan again lol ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@May 4 2004, 07:50 PM
    [b]

Hey Savage, we agree on something!!!!! :lol: :lol: Now, what's your thoughts on L Jordan again lol ;)[/b][/quote]
    Boozer..We agree on the main thing!! We want our Jets to Win the
    Bowl!! Everything else is secondary BS.... ;)

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+May 4 2004, 07:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ May 4 2004, 07:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Boozer76[/i]@May 4 2004, 07:50 PM
    [b]

Hey Savage, we agree on something&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: Now, what&#39;s your thoughts on L Jordan again lol ;)[/b][/quote]
    Boozer..We agree on the main thing&#33;&#33; We want our Jets to Win the
    Bowl&#33;&#33; Everything else is secondary BS.... ;) [/b][/quote]
    Amen brother&#33;&#33;&#33; B)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    didn&#39;t see the memorial and I am a fan of Rome, but I will say this

he has consistently paid homage to PT and has spoken about him constantly since college and pros and since he went away and gave him respect when he died as Boozer said, if his family wanted him to host the memorial then thats good enough for me

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by stormshadow19[/i]@May 4 2004, 07:34 PM
    [b] Actually y&#39;all, Mr Tillman&#39;s family asked Jim to do that. They wanted him to do it, so that&#39;s why he did it. Y&#39;all may not like him, but Mr. Tillman did. [/b][/quote]
    That is exactly the case. Know the facts people before you start posting stupid crap about people.

This site is littered with that kind of stuff.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have so much respect for Pat Tillman, he is a true hero and role model for all Americans. I did my time in the service, but I really feel an actual sense of guilt at not being in uniform and overseas right now (granted, a 33 year old overweight Sgt. ain&#39;t what Uncle Sam needs), but I&#39;m glad there are dedicated young people like Pat Tillman and the thousands of others like him willing to put it out on the line for us.

Also, I know it sounds odd but the thing about Pats memorial service that I really found close to home was all of his friends and family going to the podium with a Pint of Guinness, thats something MY family would do.

Slainte&#39;, Pat Tillman, and Thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually listen to Rome here in Florida in the afternoon from 12 Noon until 3 pm. On the day of Tillman’s memorial, he wasn&#39;t on his show and then I found out he was doing the eulogy at Tillman’s memorial and I thought he did a good job and sounded so different when comparing him to his radio show. He appropriately displayed himself and Mr. Tillman as a true American.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Too Many people put the Football angle on Tillman..I don&#39;t..He
    Military is who have paid the ultimate sacrifice&#33;&#33; God Bless them all&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]...AMEN Savage&#33;&#33;&#33; I said that the first time I heard of his passing. Its not about the football, the contract, or the NFL....Its about a young man that made an ultimate sacrafice to fight for the good of us and he lost his life. If he were American, Russian, Spanish....It doesnt matter. If he&#39;s fighting for the good of The United States of America...He should be recognized...or she for that matter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    its scary how ignorant people can be