Thread: Alice Cooper

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tue May 4, 2:56 PM ET

PHOENIX - School's in for Alice Cooper (news). The rock star, whose hits include "School's Out," is being awarded an honorary doctorate by a Christian liberal arts college. The 56-year-old will receive the honorary degree at Grand Canyon University's commencement ceremony Saturday.

Cooper, whose classic albums include "Killer," and "Welcome to my Nightmare," has been a financial supporter of the school, university officials said.

He was known for shocking audiences with gruesome concert performances featuring simulated hangings and infant dolls gushing blood. More recently, he's been known in the Phoenix area as a family man who sometimes coaches Little League.

"Alice Cooper is a guy who made it big in a very tough business and has made his faith a priority," said Michael K. Clifford, vice chairman for the university, in a written statement. "He can become a real mentor for our students, sharing his knowledge, valuable contacts and real-life experiences in the performing arts."

nice wallpaper:

[url=http://www.studio7imaging.com/fe_1_fractals.htm]http://www.studio7imaging.com/fe_1_fractals.htm[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He is also an excellent golfer. Some say he is PGA quality.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@May 4 2004, 10:42 PM
    [b] He is also an excellent golfer. Some say he is PGA quality. [/b][/quote]
    Woa! Look at you!

[i]Nice[/i] hat, Skipper! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses+May 4 2004, 10:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet Moses @ May 4 2004, 10:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetman67[/i]@May 4 2004, 10:42 PM
    [b] He is also an excellent golfer. Some say he is PGA quality. [/b][/quote]
    Woa&#33; Look at you&#33;

[i]Nice[/i] hat, Skipper&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s my new look&#33;&#33; ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alice Cooper&#33; I was a fan back then, liked the first album...the others after-- not really. Surprised they didn&#39;t mention his real name, which I can&#39;t even remember right now...something Vincent or Vincent something?