Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lamont to demand trade

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7306070]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7306070[/url]

[quote][b]Jordan, the subject of trade rumors during the offseason, wants a long-term extension and the promise he will become the starter when Curtis Martin leaves. Agent Alvin Keels said a little progress was made during the meeting, but Jordan didnt back off his wishes.

"We want a strong commitment from the New York Jets or we want to be dealt," Keels said Tuesday night. "I havent received any assurances that either is going to happen."
    [/b][/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can one that no one wants to trade for demand a trade?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    One word EGO

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't Lamont a "class act" yesterday?

You fickle, fickle bastards.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Facts are that Jordan thinks hes good enough to start and that we are set at running back, we should deal Jordan asap. We don't need this turning into a big deal in the locker room.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is bad news for the Jets. Not just because Jordan is a quality back and excellent insurance for Curtis, but also because his going public will seriously lower his trade value. Teams will know that the Jets essentially have to move him, so they will try to lowball the Jets with a lower draft pick. I still think the Jets should have taken Oakland's 3rd rounder for LaMont, then drafted a new young prospect with that pick. It's doubtful that anyone will offer anything like that now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    :o
    fOR ONE THING JORDAN IS overated
    is he a good back up yes but that is about it.
    When he plays you never see true signs of a excellent RB
    Think about the raiders would rather have amos z then lamont.
    I think something is got to be wrong with tihs guy if no one wants him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not surprised that this is happening. There were a couple of "Will the Jets be able to keep Jordan" threads LAST off-season. A lot of Jet fans saw this coming, especially since his contract is up at the same time as so many others (Abe, Ellis, Mckenzie, etc...). Jordan is a talented back (with starter talent, IMO) who was drafted by a team who did not need an immediate starter at the position. I'd like Jordan to be the starter (he's younger and faster than Curtis), but he will not be. Curtis Martin can still play and his contract apparently makes him unmovable. So, I don't know... it looks as if Jordan is a back-up one more season and then is gone via free agency.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is alarming news because I fear if he's not traded then he will hold out, and if he is traded well obviously the Jets won't have him as a back up. I don't doubt Martin's durability but he is getting old and I don't like going into the season with no back up plan.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Oakland wants Jordan and Lamont is trying to find a way to get there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LJ is the man . . . always have been a fan. It's just going to be sad to see him in a pro bowl with some1 else's helmet, but football is a business before anything else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@May 5 2004, 06:38 AM
    [b] Oakland wants Jordan and Lamont is trying to find a way to get there. [/b][/quote]
    They can have him....for Huggy Bear's son, plus a 3rd round pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Oakland could have had Lamont at the draft.

If they want him now, They have to step up now.

Oakland has to put together some kind of package that involves a 2nd or 3rd rounder next year or some type of package, that involves Justin Fargas or Zack Crockett and perhaps Doug Jolley/Teyo Johnson.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll[/i]@May 5 2004, 04:44 AM
    [b] Wasn't Lamont a "class act" yesterday?

You fickle, fickle bastards. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@May 5 2004, 06:38 AM
    [b] Oakland wants Jordan and Lamont is trying to find a way to get there. [/b][/quote]
    This is a perfect opportunity to get a Guard here

Lamont for Middleton or Collins would work

The Raiders added Jake Geove, Gallery, and Ron Stone.....have way too many OLinemen

That is something we should look at!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 5 2004, 08:20 AM
    [b]

[/b][/quote]

An unproven RB for an established O-Lineman? :lol:

Even you can't be that delusional JonE.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+May 5 2004, 08:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ May 5 2004, 08:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YoungJetsFan[/i]@May 5 2004, 06:38 AM

The Raiders added Jake Geove, Gallery, and Ron Stone.....have way too many OLinemen

That is something we should look at&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    someone suggested Doug Jolley a couple of weeks back as well, another good idea...

we can&#39;t have Lamont screwing with team chemistry, they have to address this situation ASAP

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 5 2004, 11:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 5 2004, 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Troll[/i]@May 5 2004, 04:44 AM
    [b] Wasn&#39;t Lamont a "class act" yesterday?

You fickle, fickle bastards. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I still think the guy is a class act....he&#39;s kept his mouth shut for three years despite Herm lying to the media about how he&#39;ll "be more involved this year" Herm is saying exactly same thing now that he said last year and the year before about "finding more ways to get Lamont the ball" How many times do you expect a guy to sit back and hear the same friggin lie? It would be one thing if Herm never said this before but I guess as far as Lamont is concerned, the third time isn&#39;t a charm.

I look at it this way....Right now Lamont feels EXACTLY how most in this board will feel if the Jets start 0-3 and Herm says "we need time to gel" Same old story and its worn itself out.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 5 2004, 08:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 5 2004, 08:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JonEJet[/i]@May 5 2004, 08:20 AM
    [b]

[/b][/quote]

An unproven RB for an established O-Lineman? :lol:

Even you can&#39;t be that delusional JonE. [/b][/quote]
    Why won&#39;t it work.....they&#39;ll have to let someone go&#33;&#33;

Plus....they&#39;ve established Lamont is worth at least a 3rd rounder (they seem to have offered us a 3rd)

Here are the Raiders lineman

Barrett Robbins
    Adam Treu
    Corey Hulsey
    Ron Stone
    Barry Sims
    Milldleton
    Collins
    Stone
    Grove
    Gallerey
    Langston Walker

Thats alot of lineman.......I think we can get a solid Guard (Treu, Robbins, Collins, Middleton) in a trade&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyjet80[/i]@May 5 2004, 05:36 AM
    [b] This is alarming news because I fear if he&#39;s not traded then he will hold out, and if he is traded well obviously the Jets won&#39;t have him as a back up. I don&#39;t doubt Martin&#39;s durability but he is getting old and I don&#39;t like going into the season with no back up plan. [/b][/quote]
    He won&#39;t hold out because he&#39;s not yet a proven star, and this act will cost him dearly when he&#39;s a free agent. No team wants an unproven guy asking for big &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;, and who is coming off a holdout.