Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Flyers

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One step closer to Lord Stanley. Big game for J.R. last night.

The Lightning are much faster, but my guys are bigger. We just have to find a way to catch them. Think this could be a good series.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to the Flyers-they proved me wrong (what else is new) I thought Leafs would force 7th game.
    Kappinen got hit by Domi-that was a sight -I did not think no way he would have gotten up on his own-wobbily as it was!
    Lightening are good team-good matchup of contrasting styles-speed against muscle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@May 5 2004, 07:57 AM
    Congrats to the Flyers-they proved me wrong (what else is new) I thought Leafs would force 7th game.
    Kappinen got hit by Domi-that was a sight -I did not think no way he would have gotten up on his own-wobbily as it was!
    Lightening are good team-good matchup of contrasting styles-speed against muscle.
    The hit wasnt by Domi, it was Darcy Tucker, #16. The same guy who got a charging penalty the game before for his hit on Malakhov, which produced injury.

I guess he had no fear of retribution from the Flyers, no messages were sent, so he was running around out there last nite feeling free to do what he wanted.

I hope the Flyers remember him next year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! A team the Lightning have a playoff history with. 1996 first round, the Bolts took a surprising 2-1 lead in the series before 26,000 fans in the then named "Thunderdome", now known as Tropicana Field. I believe they still hold the attendence record for a playoff game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    cough-bobby nystrom-cough,cough

Good luck GGG

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shadetree@May 5 2004, 10:08 AM

Good luck GGG
    You mean bastid!! You'll like this story, Shade: I made a bet with my uncle. After Mr. Overtime scored that goal and ruined the rest of my life, I had to wear a Isles jersey to the parade down Hempstead Turnpike and had make a sign that read.."No BOBBY does it better than #23". A direct hit at my main man, Bobby Clarke. I still have that stupid sign.

I can only TODAY laugh about it, because my days of pain and misery are far behind me. THIS IS MY YEAR!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+May 5 2004, 11:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ May 5 2004, 11:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Shadetree@May 5 2004, 10:08 AM

Good luck GGG
    You mean bastid&#33;&#33; You&#39;ll like this story, Shade: I made a bet with my uncle. After Mr. Overtime scored that goal and ruined the rest of my life, I had to wear a Isles jersey to the parade down Hempstead Turnpike and had make a sign that read.."No BOBBY does it better than #23". A direct hit at my main man, Bobby Clarke. I still have that stupid sign.

I can only TODAY laugh about it, because my days of pain and misery are far behind me. THIS IS MY YEAR&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I hope it IS your year.....Islander fans have developed a rabid hatred for the Maple Leafs....so I thank you.

BTW....Here&#39;s some salt in your Nystrom inflicted wound....Nystrom was OFF SIDES on that Cup clinching over time goal....Not like you didn&#39;t know that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Stewdawg+May 5 2004, 09:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stewdawg @ May 5 2004, 09:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--faba@May 5 2004, 07:57 AM
    Kappinen got hit by Domi-that was a sight -I did not think no way he would have gotten up on his own-wobbily as it was&#33;
    The hit wasnt by Domi, it was Darcy Tucker, #16. The same guy who got a charging penalty the game before for his hit on Malakhov, which produced injury.

I guess he had no fear of retribution from the Flyers, no messages were sent, so he was running around out there last nite feeling free to do what he wanted.

I hope the Flyers remember him next year [/b][/quote]
    There was nothing wrong with the hit on Kapanen. He pinched and met Tucker. He just happened to get the worst of it. :o
    Congrats GGG. Flyers muscle was too much for some of the "softer" Leaf players. Nik Antropov never missed a shift in the playoffs and he&#39;s the softest player I&#39;ve ever seen. And in Ron Francis&#39; last pro game he&#39;s a healthy scrath when he&#39;s won cups, scores, and is unbeatable in the face-off circle...kinda makes you wonder about Pat Quinn&#39;s future.
    Philly-TB will be awesome. As for the West Final, anyone outside of those two cities really care at all? Didn&#39;t think so.

And hey, did anyone catch the clip of JR sitting on the bench, bobbing his head, and mouthing the words to "Tricky" by Run DMC while it played on the loud-speaker? Classic. How can you not love that guy. :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shadetree+May 5 2004, 12:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shadetree @ May 5 2004, 12:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Gang Green Girl@May 5 2004, 11:45 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Shadetree
    @May 5 2004, 10:08 AM

Good luck GGG

You mean bastid&#33;&#33; You&#39;ll like this story, Shade: I made a bet with my uncle. After Mr. Overtime scored that goal and ruined the rest of my life, I had to wear a Isles jersey to the parade down Hempstead Turnpike and had make a sign that read.."No BOBBY does it better than #23". A direct hit at my main man, Bobby Clarke. I still have that stupid sign.

I can only TODAY laugh about it, because my days of pain and misery are far behind me. THIS IS MY YEAR&#33;
    I hope it IS your year.....Islander fans have developed a rabid hatred for the Maple Leafs....so I thank you.

BTW....Here&#39;s some salt in your Nystrom inflicted wound....Nystrom was OFF SIDES on that Cup clinching over time goal....Not like you didn&#39;t know that. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m so tired of hearing myself say...NYSTROM CHEATED. THAT GOAL WAS OFFSIDES. I sound like a broken record. That was the start of our bad luck.

But methinks the bad luck is far behind us.

p.s. to Canada Jet: Darcy Tucker is one dirty bastid. I&#39;m wondering what his mom was thinking of his hit. You know, Mother Tucker. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CanadaJet+May 5 2004, 01:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CanadaJet @ May 5 2004, 01:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Stewdawg@May 5 2004, 09:32 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--faba
    @May 5 2004, 07:57 AM
    Kappinen got hit by Domi-that was a sight -I did not think no way he would have gotten up on his own-wobbily as it was&#33;

I hope the Flyers remember him next year
    There was nothing wrong with the hit on Kapanen. He pinched and met Tucker. He just happened to get the worst of it. :o
    Congrats GGG. Flyers muscle was too much for some of the "softer" Leaf players. Nik Antropov never missed a shift in the playoffs and he&#39;s the softest player I&#39;ve ever seen. And in Ron Francis&#39; last pro game he&#39;s a healthy scrath when he&#39;s won cups, scores, and is unbeatable in the face-off circle...kinda makes you wonder about Pat Quinn&#39;s future.
    Philly-TB will be awesome. As for the West Final, anyone outside of those two cities really care at all? Didn&#39;t think so.

And hey, did anyone catch the clip of JR sitting on the bench, bobbing his head, and mouthing the words to "Tricky" by Run DMC while it played on the loud-speaker? Classic. How can you not love that guy. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    My point on Tucker is this-

The guy has a bad rep, especially in the playoffs. He was a thorn to Philly last year too.

He blasts Malakhov (after getting dumped by another Flyer in his zone) with an illegal hit, leaving his feet to pound him into the boards. It was clearly a retaliation hit because he had just taken one. He got the minor, as he should have.

At that point the Flyers, specifically Brash, should have given him an additional penalty, a little something to think about before he runs another Flyer. They didnt do it.

Forward to game 6, granted they are playing for their lives and its playoff hockey and all, but how often do you see a hit like that, at that speed, inside the blue lines? Tucker had an incredible amount of speed going when they collided. If he got his ass handed to him the game before, I dont think he hammers Sami the way he did.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My point on Tucker is this-

We&#39;d all want him on our team&#39;s. And I&#39;m not even a Leafs fan... B)

Brenjetsfan
    so GGG....was it worth missing that OT winning game..Tuesday nite???? :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+May 5 2004, 10:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ May 5 2004, 10:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Shadetree@May 5 2004, 10:08 AM

Good luck GGG

I can only TODAY laugh about it, because my days of pain and misery are far behind me. THIS IS MY YEAR&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I mentioned way back when that I thought the Flyers would come out of the East. Still believe that. Can&#39;t believe the West will be represented by Calgary or San Jose. Seems strange to not see Detroit or Colorado in the Conf. finals.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Brenjetsfan@May 6 2004, 06:44 AM
    so GGG....was it worth missing that OT winning game..Tuesday nite???? :lol:
    Bren: I&#39;m a bigger GREEN fan than Orange & Black....so I guess it was worth missing my favorite guy, J.R. score in OT.

mbn007: I&#39;m with you. I can&#39;t believe the Avs or Wings aren&#39;t playing in the Western Conference Finals. And, I hope you&#39;re right about my F&#39;ers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    GGG
    I am glad to read that you are a more intense Jet fan than Flyer fan-
    Esche is playing great for your team-who would have known?
    This year more than any time I can remember parity is really here in NHL-with Calgary and San Jose and Tampa Bay in the Conference Finals beside Flyers.
    The big question is do any fans in San Jose really care&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@May 6 2004, 10:43 AM
    GGG
    This year more than any time I can remember parity is really here in NHL-with Calgary and San Jose and Tampa Bay in the Conference Finals beside Flyers.
    They are a good team, but teal? This is a color that is just wrong for hockey. Black and blue. Now those are hockey colors B)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@May 6 2004, 09:43 AM
    GGG
    San Jose....the hockey capital of the world.

I&#39;m pleased with Esche--all it takes is a hot goalie goin&#39; into the playoffs....KNOCK WOOD. But I hesitate to speak out of turn. We still have eight wins to go.

I only hope that Tampa Bay is still in a vacation-type mode. They&#39;ve had lots of rest. Let&#39;s hope they don&#39;t wake up til it&#39;s too late.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@May 6 2004, 10:43 AM
    GGG
    The BIG question is do any fans OUTSIDE of San Jose really care??

The NHL&#39;s worst nightmare is TB/SJ finals, at least Calgary will unite Canada against the US representative.

C&#39;mon Philly&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stew: You make a good point. If Calgary wins the West, and goes to the Finals, it&#39;ll get a bigger TV audience. No one hardly cares now...could you imagine a Lightning/Sharks Finals? NEVER.

Let&#39;s hope my Flyers have better luck against the Lightning than they did during the regular season....0-4.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will really kill NHL in marketing and interest if there are no major market teams in the Finals. The ratings for ABC are low enough as it is. True hockey fans know you really have to see the game in person anyway.
    Will not be surprised if ABC does not look to renew their contract and put all playoff games on ESPN.