Thread: Glenn signs

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jets | Glenn Re-signed - from [url]www.KFFL.com[/url]
    Wed, 5 May 2004 02:09:52 -0700

The New York Jets have re-signed restricted free agent LB Jason Glenn to a one-year, $628,000 deal.

All Pro
    NICE! :D if its even for 1 YR.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetfan13[/i]@May 5 2004, 11:55 AM
    [b] Jets | Glenn Re-signed - from [url]www.KFFL.com[/url]
    Wed, 5 May 2004 02:09:52 -0700

The New York Jets have re-signed restricted free agent LB Jason Glenn to a one-year, $628,000 deal. [/b][/quote]
    wasn't that announced a week or two ago

could've sworn that was old news, signed teh same day Carter was inked to a one year deal

do you think he could have started somewhere else if he signed or is he a career backup?

There was a thread here about 3 weeks ago on just this subject.

It doesn't matter if it is old or not, it's goooood news. J-Glenn is solid, and our special teams captian. The guy plays his ass off and never whines about starting! He just goes out there and does his job. Team leader all the way, and a Texas A&M University alum! Whoop! ;)

Veteran
    After the way he played last year I think he should have got a shot a starting on the weak side. It would have saved us a bunch of money. Barton better step up. But this is good news.

Wow.. for a second there I thought he meant Aaron, not Jason! :lol:

Could do worse with Donnie out... ;)

All Pro
    Donnie is OUT?

great news Jason Glenn

Glenn is a good LB, but with Vilma, or possibly Cowart as the 4th LB, then it gives us way more depth

Glenn will probably be the 4th LB next year....but yeah, Barton better step up because Glenn could easily take his spot with the fire and leadership he brings to the position

[quote][i]Originally posted by -inVINCEible-[/i]@May 5 2004, 08:03 PM
    [b] Glenn is a good LB, but with Vilma, or possibly Cowart as the 4th LB, then it gives us way more depth

Glenn will probably be the 4th LB next year....but yeah, Barton better step up because Glenn could easily take his spot with the fire and leadership he brings to the position [/b][/quote]
    4th? im seeing 5th/6th LB

Barton
    Hobson
    Vilma
    Cowart

Abraham(split time)

Jason Glenn

thats amazing depth

Don't count Glenn outta starting over Hobson sometime soon. I watched him play his entire college career, as I am a student at TAMU, and the kid has skills! If he had not injured himself aganist unbeaten No.1 at the time OU he would have been drafted higher. He was having a monster game that day! Ah, what could of been, anyway.

By the way, there are a lot of younger Glenn bros to come. Aaron was the first of like 13 and Jason was the second. I think the Jets see something in that gene pool! B)

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: Nice move..thats one player I don't want to lose.
    Nice to have him even if it's for just another year....man we have some decent LB's..even if they play on special teams.