Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the offseason, how i love it...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    the offseason, a time when us dellusional jets fans plug in undrafted free agents as starters in our secondary because they run fast, think that a seventh round draft choice is the next lamont jordan because he gained a lot of yards running for ottawa, keep updated with NFL europe and our future 'stars' in the making, having 16 tackles a game playing over there, and a time when we get excited over every practice body scrub that we bring in.... how i love it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shuler82[/i]@May 5 2004, 01:54 PM
    [b] the offseason, a time when us dellusional jets fans plug in undrafted free agents as starters in our secondary because they run fast, think that a seventh round draft choice is the next lamont jordan because he gained a lot of yards running for ottawa, keep updated with NFL europe and our future 'stars' in the making, having 16 tackles a game playing over there, and a time when we get excited over every practice body scrub that we bring in.... how i love it. [/b][/quote]
    The next Lamont Jordan?

Talk about Delusional.. what does that even mean?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm including myself in the delusional category.. as for the lamont comment- read today's posts.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have news for you.

Check a message board for every team in professional sports, you will find the same thing.

Fans are fans are fans

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shuler82[/i]@May 5 2004, 02:14 PM
    [b] i'm including myself in the delusional category.. as for the lamont comment- read today's posts. [/b][/quote]
    That was MY post!

I was just asking the question, why couldn't a similarly built, 5-11, 233 pound back that was one of the faster big backs in the draft give us as much (or as little) as Jordan has?

I like Jordan.

But, for whatever reason, we haven't gotten much out of him, so why can't he be replaced with Ward.

If you can run, you can run.

2000 yards, 7.7 ypc, 28 TDs, I don't care it that's high school, that's a lot of production.

Had he stayed at Fresno, he's have been a mid-round pick.

Would you rather give starter $$ to Lamont (on top of Cumars) without having any idea whether he can play?

Backs are a very replaceable position.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JStokes+May 5 2004, 02:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JStokes @ May 5 2004, 02:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--shuler82[/i]@May 5 2004, 02:14 PM
    [b] i&#39;m including myself in the delusional category.. as for the lamont comment- read today&#39;s posts. [/b][/quote]
    That was MY post&#33;

I was just asking the question, why couldn&#39;t a similarly built, 5-11, 233 pound back that was one of the faster big backs in the draft give us as much (or as little) as Jordan has?

I like Jordan.

But, for whatever reason, we haven&#39;t gotten much out of him, so why can&#39;t he be replaced with Ward.

2000 yards, 7.7 ypc, 28 TDs, I don&#39;t care it that&#39;s high school, that&#39;s a lot of production.

Had he stayed at Fresno, he&#39;s have been a mid-round pick.

Would you rather give starter &#036;&#036; to Lamont (on top of Cumars) without having any idea whether he can play?

Backs are a very replaceable position. [/b][/quote]
    you get today&#39;s award for the most stupid comment. They are the same size so there talent is equal? Is that what you are saying? If it is, then you need some help. It is the intangibles , derrick ward is not lamont jordan and was not lamont jordan in college. Jordan was a heisman canidate and then had a mediocre year following. If he what have duplicated what he did early in college he would have been a sure fire lottery pick.. So if someone runs the same 40 as an nfl rb and are around the same size, are you saying that a team would not lose a step insert this person.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    NYSE has a point.

All fans are the same. Pats fans have already decided that Ted Washington has been replaced quite nicely, before they&#39;ve played a down. And Coery Dillion will run for 1,500 yards EASILY. LOL

But I will say one thing...its better than negativity...or watching the Sox fade.

Let us all dream&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by altoon[/i]@May 5 2004, 02:57 PM
    [b] If he what have duplicated what he did early in college he would have been a sure fire lottery pick. [/b][/quote]

When did the NFL implement a draft lottery? :blink: :blink:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 5 2004, 03:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 5 2004, 03:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--altoon[/i]@May 5 2004, 02:57 PM
    [b] If he what have duplicated what he did early in college he would have been a sure fire lottery pick. [/b][/quote]

When did the NFL implement a draft lottery? :blink: :blink: [/b][/quote]
    my bad top ten pick probably in my opinion

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by altoon+May 5 2004, 02:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (altoon @ May 5 2004, 02:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -JStokes@May 5 2004, 02:50 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--shuler82[/i]@May 5 2004, 02:14 PM
    [b] i&#39;m including myself in the delusional category.. as for the lamont comment- read today&#39;s posts. [/b][/quote]
    That was MY post&#33;

I was just asking the question, why couldn&#39;t a similarly built, 5-11, 233 pound back that was one of the faster big backs in the draft give us as much (or as little) as Jordan has?

I like Jordan.

But, for whatever reason, we haven&#39;t gotten much out of him, so why can&#39;t he be replaced with Ward.

2000 yards, 7.7 ypc, 28 TDs, I don&#39;t care it that&#39;s high school, that&#39;s a lot of production.

Had he stayed at Fresno, he&#39;s have been a mid-round pick.

Would you rather give starter &#036;&#036; to Lamont (on top of Cumars) without having any idea whether he can play?

Backs are a very replaceable position. [/b][/quote]
    you get today&#39;s award for the most stupid comment. They are the same size so there talent is equal? Is that what you are saying? If it is, then you need some help. It is the intangibles , derrick ward is not lamont jordan and was not lamont jordan in college. Jordan was a heisman canidate and then had a mediocre year following. If he what have duplicated what he did early in college he would have been a sure fire lottery pick.. So if someone runs the same 40 as an nfl rb and are around the same size, are you saying that a team would not lose a step insert this person. [/b][/quote]
    Hey Dewbag- Cut with the bullsh*t stupid this and you need help that.

First of all, I like LJ, wish he could have gotten his shot.

I also wish I was taller than 5-4, but that&#39;s life.

I threw up a hypo there to stir conversation.

But if you want to talk about stupid, what the f*ck does being a Heisman trophy candidate 5 years ago at a crappy ACC school have ANYTHING to do with what LJ has accomplished or may accomlish in the pros?

And how stupid is your statement "had he duplicated what he did in his blahblahblah, he would have been a lottery pick" (which, you might be too stupid to understand is an NBA term). He didn&#39;t duplicate it, so why even say such a stupid thing?

I&#39;m not suggesting you take a guy off the street that&#39;s 5-11, 233 and plug him in as the starting RB for the Jets.

And I was not suggesting that their talent is equal, but how the f*ck do you know that they aren&#39;t?

What I was suggesting is, since in my opinion you can not pay LJ starter money, and he&#39;s not going to sign for back-up money, and you were to trade him for ANY value, that a big strong relatively fast back MIGHT get you some of his production.

And what the f*ck has LJ exactly given us that we would seriously miss, other than the potential that he had coming out of college?

How about this?

Had Ward stayed at Fresno, HE might have been one of the top picks in this draft.

Listen Toon, if you disagree with what I say, I could give a sh*t.

But don&#39;t give me this stupid stuff.

YOU need help.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by altoon[/i]@May 5 2004, 02:57 PM
    [b] It is the intangibles , derrick ward is not lamont jordan and was not lamont jordan in college. Jordan was a heisman canidate and then had a mediocre year following. [/b][/quote]
    OK, I live right here in UMD territory, where UMD is covered all the time of SportsTalk radio, and I NEVER heard LJ being mentioned as a Heisman guy. In fact, local Sports guys never talked much at all about Lamont. Fact is, at least here, he was rather unknown until he went to the Jets, and now he is unknown again.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he has Jordan confused with Bruce Perry.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://umterps.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jordan_lamont01.html]http://umterps.collegesports.com/sports/m-...n_lamont01.html[/url]

I will find more if you would like.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by altoon[/i]@May 5 2004, 03:25 PM
    [b] [url=http://umterps.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jordan_lamont01.html]http://umterps.collegesports.com/sports/m-...n_lamont01.html[/url]

I will find more if you would like. [/b][/quote]
    What possible significance does this have to LJs ability to produce TODAY.

Pretty sure Ryan Leaf was a top Heisman candidate.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    in case you need another source, not that I really have to justify this anymore.

[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/2000/preview/heisman_watch/]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/.../heisman_watch/[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    in regard to syracusejet and warfish &#39;s comments..Thanks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by altoon[/i]@May 5 2004, 03:25 PM
    [b]

How about some that weren&#39;t written by his mother. :blink:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 5 2004, 03:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 5 2004, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--altoon[/i]@May 5 2004, 03:25 PM
    [b]

How about some that weren&#39;t written by his mother. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think mrs. jordan write for SI but I will double check.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I will find more if you would like. [/b][/quote]

[quote][b]in case you need another source, not that I really have to justify this anymore.[/b][/quote]

Pre-Season reviews mean nothing (either in college or the pros). What place did Lamont finish in Heisman voting that year?

2000 Heisman Voting:

Rank Player School Pos. Total
    1. Chris Weinke Florida State QB 1,628
    2. Josh Heupel Oklahoma QB 1,552
    3. Drew Brees Purdue QB 619
    4. LaDainian Tomlinson TCU RB 566
    5. Damien Anderson Northwestern RB 101
    6. Michael Vick Virginia Tech QB 83
    7. Santana Moss Miami WR 55
    8. Marques Tuiasosopo Washington QB 41
    9. Ken Simonton Oregon State RB 25
    10. Rudi Johnson Auburn RB 20

Odd, no Lamont.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    my point of my originaly post wasnt to bash anyone, or lead to a thread of bashing.. it was mearly tongue in cheek about how we come here every day (myself included)and go to great lengths talking about and hyping up guys who will probably never even make the roster. .. which is why i love the offseason