Thread: This is going to be a long season

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just dont see the Jets doing well this year. Too many new people on defense and Hackett still here? The Jets do not deserve to be high on anyones power list respect has to be earned and right now we ain't earned nothing thanks to Mr Bradway, Parcells and Herms light training camps. At best we are .500 next year

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You say this every year. You know what...your nickname should be doomNgloom....

Every year I have been on this board you always say "We suck" "Our players arent that good"..etc..

Give it a rest. If this is what you believe, keep it to yourself....the rest of us will just continue merrily along enjoying the optimism of a new season...

LL

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    At least some wait until after week 1 to say we suck. :P :P :P :D :D :D

Seriously though, I have read about some changes in Herms game planning. One big improvement if he actually implements it is no timeouts in the first or third quarters. By biggest beef with him was the lack of clock management. Hackett is OK when chad is in. I have no problem there. Besides if Chad gets hurt our chances of success are slim.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rmeyer52[/i]@May 5 2004, 02:28 PM
    [b] I just dont see the Jets doing well this year. Too many new people on defense and Hackett still here? The Jets do not deserve to be high on anyones power list respect has to be earned and right now we ain't earned nothing thanks to Mr Bradway, Parcells and Herms light training camps. At best we are .500 next year [/b][/quote]
    yeah meyer, its the same drill every year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rmeyer52[/i]@May 5 2004, 02:28 PM
    [b] I just dont see the Jets doing well this year. Too many new people on defense and Hackett still here? The Jets do not deserve to be high on anyones power list respect has to be earned and right now we ain't earned nothing thanks to Mr Bradway, Parcells and Herms light training camps. At best we are .500 next year [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s always nice to have an optimistic jet fan on board.... <_<

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;m not a big fan of Hackett by any stretch but our offense was awesome when Chad was healthy with some weapons a couple of years ago. No reason to expect any less this season since he&#39;s healthy again and the addition of JMac, Chrebet returning, and Crotchery/Carter on the bottom of the depth chart.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer[/i]@May 5 2004, 02:35 PM
    [b] You say this every year. You know what...your nickname should be doomNgloom....

Every year I have been on this board you always say "We suck" "Our players arent that good"..etc..

Give it a rest. If this is what you believe, keep it to yourself....the rest of us will just continue merrily along enjoying the optimism of a new season...

LL [/b][/quote]
    [color=green][SIZE=4]YEA, YOU TELL HIM[/color][/SIZE]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    A negative Jets fan??????

NO WAY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

If you look up, the word optimism. There&#39;s a picture of a Jet fan next to it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what a tool bag&#33;&#33;&#33; <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than Hackett, there&#39;s a great deal to see as positive. And there seems to be movement afoot by the CS to lessen his role in the offense anyway. You can&#39;t judge anything today. Wait for a few games at least. And given the QBs in those first 2 games, they&#39;d have to be really awful not to win them.