Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Apparently..... it's Ray !

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently..... it's Ray !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Post details : AndyP | 6:30 PM | Tuesday, May 4 2004 | Article
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this week's SPORTSBUSINESS JOURNAL, Terry Lefton reports that Ravens LB Ray Lewis will be on the cover of the "EA Sports Madden 2005" game. As Lewis was charged with murder and aggravated assault in '00 charges that were reduced to misdemeanor obstruction of justice Ira Rainess, who reps Lewis for marketing deals, said, "Marketers are definitely comfortable with him. He's a unique personality and a great example of everything that makes the NFL appealing to fans." Falcons QB Michael Vick was on the cover last year (SBJ, 5/3 issue).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    at least it isnt Brady.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm calling it right now. Ray Lewis is going to break the Madden curse.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope they switch Ray with Pat Tillman and give some money to the Pat Tillman fundation
    A classy move on Madden's part and noone has to worry about the Madden curse

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ray lewis....

Na-Na-Na-Na
    Na-Na-Na-Na
    Hey-Hey-Hey
    GoodBye!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow . . . this could be the WORST news of this football season. There is a Madden curse, dare you to name one guy on the cover since Eddie Goerge that didn't get injured or their careers declined. Tom Brady on the cover would have been beautiful and now we have Ray . . . who I like . . . PUT TOM BACK ON! :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the madden curse doesn't apply for Ray off the football field :unsure:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree with Husk - the madden curse is scared of Ray Lewis!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@May 5 2004, 08:12 PM
    [b] I'm calling it right now. Ray Lewis is going to break the Madden curse. [/b][/quote]
    I'm with you on this one..... BYE-BYE CURSE!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Madden curse bows down to no one, Lewis is going down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyjet80[/i]@May 5 2004, 09:18 PM
    [b] The Madden curse bows down to no one, Lewis is going down. [/b][/quote]
    thank you - that's the moral of the story here . .. but brady back on!

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad[/i]@May 5 2004, 08:23 PM
    [b]
    thank you - that's the moral of the story here . .. but brady back on! [/b][/quote]
    Come on dude be real. Brady laughs in the face of the madden curse like he does opposing defenses. :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+May 5 2004, 09:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ May 5 2004, 09:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Chad[/i]@May 5 2004, 08:23 PM
    [b]
    thank you - that&#39;s the moral of the story here . .. but brady back on&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Come on dude be real. Brady laughs in the face of the madden curse like he does opposing defenses. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    all u dis-believers name one guy. I asked politely, the one guy on the cover since George who didn&#39;t have a bad year or didn&#39;t sustaind a serious injury. NAME HIM&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad[/i]@May 5 2004, 08:30 PM
    [b] wow . . . this could be the WORST news of this football season. There is a Madden curse, dare you to name one guy on the cover since Eddie Goerge that didn&#39;t get injured or their careers declined. Tom Brady on the cover would have been beautiful and now we have Ray . . . who I like . . . PUT TOM BACK ON&#33; :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62; [/b][/quote]
    I agree... Im sick of that fluffer getting all the luck

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heared from some people that Pat Tillman should grace the cover, a classy move I think
    No curst to worry about and it raises money for the Pat Tillman fundation

[SIZE=3]PAT TILLMAN for Madden 2005[/SIZE]

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] all u dis-believers name one guy. I asked politely, the one guy on the cover since George who didn&#39;t have a bad year or didn&#39;t sustaind a serious injury. NAME HIM&#33; [/b][/quote]
    It is also true that since they started playing the madden bowl during the weekend of the super bowl that the winning player&#39;s team went on to win the Super Bowl. Until this year. :D

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] all u dis-believers name one guy. I asked politely, the one guy on the cover since George who didn&#39;t have a bad year or didn&#39;t sustaind a serious injury. NAME HIM&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t know man, I heard Jetlag&#39;s copy came with Brady on the cover and that seemed to work out alright for him. :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    JetsFan 51
    [quote][b] I heared from some people that Pat Tillman should grace the cover, a classy move I think
    No curst to worry about and it raises money for the Pat Tillman fundation

PAT TILLMAN for Madden 2005 [/b][/quote]

I&#39;m not trying to start some deep debate here or anything but I&#39;m just curious of what some others think. Do you think Pat Tillman would be happy with something like this? I mean when he left football he wanted it to be real low key because he didn&#39;t want to seem any better than any other person that was fighting in the war? I don&#39;t know everything about the situation but it doesn&#39;t seem like he would have liked all this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do agree that he probably wouldn&#39;t like it, but he truly is a hero in a world in need of some real roll models
    I only say this to raise money for the Pat Tillman Fundation and put a real star and hero on the cover for once

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pat Tillman would not WANT to be on the cover of Madden.