Thread: Cure for Lupus

Brenjetsfan
    An Invitation to Help the New York Jets Find a Cure for Lupus

From

Terry and Kathy Bradway
    &
    Herman and Lia Edwards

Honorary Chairs of the Inaugural Long Island

The 5K (3.1 Mile) Walk will be held on Saturday, May 15, at Eisenhower Park in East Meadow on Long Island and will include Refreshments, Entertainment and Special Appearances by Past and Present Members of the New York Jets Football Team

Check in will be at 9:00 AM and the Walk will start at 10:00 AM. Please meet in parking lots 6 and 6A at Eisenhower Park at those times.

If you would like more information about the Long Island Walk, please email [email]walks@lupusresearch.org[/email] or call our toll free number at 866-WALK-ALR (925-5257)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets events calendar is pretty full this month, huh? :huh:

I wanted to make that one on the 15th. I have to get up to the skihaus on May 15th and hit the Majestic sportswear warehouse sale to buy some last minute NFL items for the Rally on the 22nd. ;)

These are one of the times I wish I could be in 2 places (and states) at once. :rolleyes:

Anyone here from the board doing this event? :huh:

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I`ll be in BALTIMORE for the preakness that weekend..... but i`ll be at the giant stadium one,i think that one is june 27th????

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Bumping this one up for anyone who is interested in going. ;)

I think I may have to cancel my weekend out of town and attend this event. :rolleyes:

I can't disappoint my future husband Woody since he is so passionate about this cause and really needs the support. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just signed up for the queens half marathon - otherwise i'd be there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jman21[/i]@May 11 2004, 04:12 PM
    [b] I just signed up for the queens half marathon - otherwise i'd be there. [/b][/quote]
    Run Forrest, Run! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brenjetsfan
    Did you know that lupus is an often times deadly autoimmune disease that affects approximately one million Americans? Or that women and African-Americans have a much higher chance of getting lupus?

Because lupus is such a serious issue for many of our fans and supporters, the Jets are proud to be a presenting sponsor of the Alliance for Lupus Research's inaugural Long Island Walk with Us to Cure Lupus. The 5K (3.1 mile) Walk will be held this Saturday at Eisenhower Park in East Meadow, New York. The festivities will begin at 9 a.m. and the actual Walk will start at 10 a.m.

Past and present players will be available for autographs and photos on the morning of the Walk. The day will feature our "Jets Fest" items, a moon bounce, clowns and lots of other activities guaranteed to please Jets fans of all ages. In addition, there will be plenty of refreshments and a live performance by Housewives on Prozac, a band that features three women with lupus.

You can join our Jets team of players, coaches, and front office employees and help us "Throw Lupus for a Loss" by signing up for Walk anytime before this Saturday. Any New York Jets fan that registers and raises $100 or more will receive a special New York Jets T-shirt on the day of the Walk. It's easy to register for the Walk. All you have to do is call the Toll Free Walk Hotline at 866-925-5257 or follow the following directions to register online.

1. Visit [url]www.lupusresearch.org[/url].
    2. Click on the Walk with Us icon at the bottom of the page.
    3. Click on the "Long Island" Walk site listing.

Once you are at the Long Island site, just follow the directions to join our Jets Team and create your personal fundraising page. Once you have done this, you will be able to send out Walk related fundraising emails to everyone you know. The link is 100% secure and every donation will be automatically acknowledged and posted to your personal and team totals.

If you have any questions about how to register for the Walk, please call the Alliance for Lupus Research at their Toll Free Walk Hotline Number (866-925-5257) and a member of their staff will walk you through the entire process.

We look forward to seeing -- and walking! -- with many of you this Saturday!

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the updated 411. ;)

I'm going to stop by in the morning and show my support for my Woody, and then head down to field #2 to finalize our rally next Saturday. That worked out nicely for me......... :lol:

I'm going to try and grab some more Jets autographed stuff to raffle off next weekend too. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jman21[/i]@May 11 2004, 03:12 PM
    [b] I just signed up for the queens half marathon - otherwise i'd be there. [/b][/quote]
    I'll be participating in some races also. B)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah this is my self inflicted punishment for my poor performance ath the LI half last week.

After that I'm stopping at OTB and putting it all on Borrega

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jman21[/i]@May 13 2004, 02:38 PM
    [b] yeah this is my self inflicted punishment for my poor performance ath the LI half last week.

After that I'm stopping at OTB and putting it all on Borrega [/b][/quote]
    Greeley is a good Cali trainer. He said Borrego might not run if it rains. Sure enough, scattered T-storms are in the early forecast. If that's the case and I can get even money on Smarty...

[url=http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/21215?dayNum=2]http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/21215?dayNum=2[/url]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the list of who will be there.

Greg Murphy???

> Owner Woody Johnson
    > Head Coach Herm Edwards
    > General Manager Terry Bradway
    > Pr-Bowl Center Kevin Mawae
    > Quarterback Ricky Ray
    > Defensive End Matt Walters
    > Defensive Lineman & Long Snapper Randy Chevrier
    > Center - Guard Lui Fuata
    > Punter Brian Simnjanovski
    > Guard (1964 - 1973) Dave Herman
    > Defensive End (1978) Greg Murphy

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by CHARLIEO[/i]@May 14 2004, 01:00 PM
    [b] Here's the list of who will be there.

> Owner Woody Johnson
    [/b][/quote]
    Good enough for me, I'll be there.......... ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry alot you Jet fans did not make this event. :(

There was a wonderful turnout of Lupus volunteers, teams of walkers and just nice folks coming to support a worthy cause.

My Woody :wub: is so amazing, we discussed the future of our new stadium and he is trying to solve the problem of tailgating for us. He is currently negotiating with Lefrak who has some undeveloped land in Jersey City and wants to construct an 8,000 car "tailgating lot" with a Waterway ferry pier to take everyone over to the stadium near game time. ;)

He also was sweet enough to have Herm Edwards, Chad Pennington, Kevin Mawae, Quincy Stewart, Jon McGraw, Freeman McNeil, Randy Chevrier, Brian Simnjanovski, Lui Fuata and Matt Walters on hand to autograph whatever I wanted and wished me much success with our support the troops rally this Saturday! B)

Triple G - Your "Dad" Terry told me to say hello and that he'll see you this September at Champion's since we are doing the ESPN Monday night radio show again! :lol:

Side Note - Fireman Ed was also at this event and the Lupus M.C. asked him to get up on stage and do the "Jet chant". Well, he did the arm motion and started to shout J - E - T - S, but hardly anyone in the crowd of Lupus walkers knew it and looked at him like he was crazy! :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was L.M.A.O! :lol: :lol: :lol: