Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Kerry celebrates his Mexican Heritage.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought he was Irish?.....No, wait....his father was Jewish.....anyways....

From CNN...
    Kerry celebrated Cinco de Mayo -- one of Mexico's most important national holidays -- at Woodrow Wilson High School, where he criticized Bush's education policies. He sprinkled his remarks with the Spanish that he's been learning on cassette tapes.

Kerry honored the troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"We pray that the next Cinco de Mayo, they will celebrate here in the streets of the United States of America," he said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    bush can't even sayl cinco de mayo without stuttering

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanInMaine[/i]@May 6 2004, 03:03 PM
    [b] I thought he was Irish?.....No, wait....his father was Jewish.....anyways....

From CNN...
    Kerry celebrated Cinco de Mayo -- one of Mexico's most important national holidays -- at Woodrow Wilson High School, where he criticized Bush's education policies. He sprinkled his remarks with the Spanish that he's been learning on cassette tapes.

Kerry honored the troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"We pray that the next Cinco de Mayo, they will celebrate here in the streets of the United States of America," he said. [/b][/quote]
    Kerry told the crowd of Spanish onlookers he was actually smuggled over the Mexican border as a child and was actually born in Rosarita.

Later Kerry was seen addressing some French students and said the tale of him being a Mexican was just another G.O.P attack on him and that he was actually French.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    while kerry was coming across the border Bush was playing berrbong..Oh no that was actually during the WAR WHILE KERRY WAS fIghting

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 6 2004, 03:11 PM
    [b] while kerry was coming across the border Bush was playing ..Oh no that was actually during the WAR WHILE KERRY WAS fIghting [/b][/quote]
    WOW! Imagine playing berrbong for an entire 3 1/2 MONTHS!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 6 2004, 03:11 PM
    [b] WHILE KERRY WAS fIghting [/b][/quote]
    Do you mean when he was inflicting self wounds that were treated by only a band-aid so he could get another purple heart and go home?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you rightwingers have to have yr heads examined!
    KERRY WENT
    BUSH pussied out!
    he didn't go!
    now run along and find a new argument to attack Kerry on..b/c you have no argument when it comes to Vietnam...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 6 2004, 03:17 PM
    [b] you rightwingers have to have yr heads examined!
    KERRY WENT
    BUSH pussied out!
    he didn't go!
    now run along and find a new argument to attack Kerry on..b/c you have no argument when it comes to Vietnam... [/b][/quote]
    Doesn't matter if Hanoi John went, what he did when he got back says all you need to know about the fraud.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 6 2004, 03:17 PM
    [b] you rightwingers have to have yr heads examined!
    KERRY WENT
    BUSH pussied out!
    he didn't go!
    now run along and find a new argument to attack Kerry on..b/c you have no argument when it comes to Vietnam... [/b][/quote]
    I Know John Kerry

by Capt. Scott Campbell
    APR 7, 2004
    NoJohnKerry.org Exclusive

In September of 1970 I was on my way to Viet Nam. Previously, I was commissioned in the United States Army, Military Intelligence Corps and assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division in Fayetteville, North Carolina. My duty station was the FBI office in Fayetteville.

On various occasions during 1970 the questionable and harmful behavior of a former junior navy officer came to the attention of our FBI office. I soon learned that the person was John F. Kerry. Kerry’s conduct certainly was unbecoming of a former officer or anyone who cared about his fellow countrymen committed to battle against an enemy. I watched Kerry’s activities with great interest, trying to determine what could cause such a major change in conduct. How could he profess to be a leader responsible for the welfare and morale of those he led and a few months later seriously undermine the welfare and morale of the entire military in Viet Nam?

In my duties, I had become aware of a few other Viet Nam veterans who had disagreements with some of our government officials but generally would not wrongfully disparage people they served with. Kerry differed from these other malcontents; he focused on the imaginary continual atrocities of his fellow countrymen. Kerry was very interested in joining the Congress of the United States. Certainly, he did not want to address the supposed failings of that body (as others of his group did) in an effort to join it. Instead he chose to maliciously malign, without cause, the servicemen who were ordered by congress to military service. These servicemen were not in a position to respond because they were fulfilling their military commitment in a foreign war. Kerry petitioned congress to end the war because we (all of us) who were fighting it were criminal. This tactic gained him recognition. Truly, it was an interesting ploy to build fear of the war and fear of those who fought it. Massachusetts's voters, who now had heightened fear and an irrational unfounded abhorrence of the call to serve, fell prey to his deception. Hopefully, he was ignorant of the massive contribution he was providing the enemy which eventually helped reverse a war we had already won. Kerry now is similarly undermining a just military cause he voted for but also voted to deny the resources necessary to win. This time Kerry can have no ignorance excuse. Neither can the American voters.

Did Kerry crack under the stress of combat? Most of us served twelve months in our combat stations, some served 13-48 months. Kerry served only 4 months, and then abandoned his leadership responsibilities to “go home” through a series of his own administrative manipulations. Many endured far more combat stress than Kerry.

What of the people he defamed? It was my experience that all of the Viet Nam veterans who took part in my training and preparation, prior to entering the combat zone, did so with admirable professionalism. Upon arriving in Viet Nam, I was assigned as the Interrogation Advisor for half of Viet Nam. Then I became Aide de Camp for a Brigadier General. The last half of my tour was spent in various combat advisory positions to the Vietnamese and liaison roles to the Koreans and Australians. At the end of my fifth month in-country, an administrative error allowed me to end my tour of duty early and return home. However, I could not take the “early out” because the people who I had leadership responsibility for had 12 month tours. I could not walk away from them. I completed my 12 month tour. Others in my position would have done the same.

Contrary to Kerry’s assertions, the hundreds of servicemen I met in Viet Nam from Sep 70 to Sep 71 were some of the finest people this nation has. Viet Nam veterans, now, can and will respond. John Kerry failed to be a commander of a few and is unqualified to be Commander-in-Chief.

Scott Campbell
    CPT, MACV, II Corps, Pleiku, Vietnam
    Mendon, Utah

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    SO every president has to a war monger!!Don't you want yr president to have a mind of his own..You know what, MOST Americans were against that war....AND THE FACT THAT KERRY SIGNED ON gived him every right to say what ever the hell he wants when he comes home....I am GLAD he was against that BS war..

you would have rather him come home and say "LETS NUKE EM"!!
    that's the kind of president you want!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 6 2004, 03:29 PM
    [b] SO every president has to a war monger!!Don't you want yr president to have a mind of his own..You know what, MOST Americans were against that war....AND THE FACT THAT KERRY SIGNED ON gived him every right to say what ever the hell he wants when he comes home....I am GLAD he was against that BS war..

you would have rather him come home and say "LETS NUKE EM"!!
    that's the kind of president you want! [/b][/quote]
    I know the type of President I don't want. That is John Kerry.

Open Letter to John Kerry

Dear Senator Kerry:
    Since it has become clear that you will probably be the Democratic nominee for President, I have spent a great deal of time researching your war record and your record as a professional politician. The reason is simple, you aspire to be the Commander in Chief who would lead my sons and their fellow soldiers in time of war. I simply wanted to know if you possess the necessary qualifications to be trusted in that respect.

You see I belong to a family of proud U.S. veterans. I was a Captain in the Army Reserve, my father was a decorated Lieutenant in World War II and I have four sons who have either served, or are currently serving in the military. The oldest is an Army Lieutenant still on active duty in Afghanistan after already being honored for his service in Iraq. The youngest is an E-4 with the military police. His National Guard unit just finished their second tour of active duty, including six months in Guantanamo Bay. My two other sons have served in the national guard and the navy.

In looking at your record I found myself comparing it not only to that of my father and my sons, but to the people they served with. My father served with the 87th Chemical Mortar Battalion in Europe. They landed on Utah Beach and fought for 317 straight days including the Cherbourg Peninsula, Aachen, the Hurtgen Forest, and the Battle of the Bulge. You earned a Silver Star in Vietnam for chasing down and finishing off a wounded and retreating enemy soldier. My father won a Bronze Star for single handedly charging and knocking out a German machine gun nest that had his men pinned down. You received three purple hearts for what appears to be three minor scratches. In fact you only missed a combined total of two days of duty for these wounds. The men of my father's unit, the 87th, had to be admonished by there commanding officer because: It has been brought to our attention that some men are covering up wounds and refusing medical attention for fear of being evacuated and permanently separated from this organization... It was also a common problem for seriously wounded soldiers to go AWOL from hospitals in order to rejoin their units. You used your three purple hearts to leave Vietnam early.

My oldest boy came home from Iraq with numerous commendations and then proceeded to volunteer to go to Afghanistan and from there back to Iraq again. My sons and father have never had anything but the highest regard and respect for their fellow soldiers. Yet, you came home to publicly charge your fellow fighting men with being war criminals and to urge their defeat by the enemy. You even wrote a book that had a cover which mocked the heroism of the U.S. Marines who raised the flag on Iwo Jima. Our current crop of soldiers has a philosophy that no one gets left behind and they have practiced that from Somalia to the battlefields of the Middle East. Yet as chairman of a Senate committee looking into allegations that many of your fellow servicemen had been left behind as prisoners in Vietnam, you chose to defend the brutal Vietnamese regime. You even went so far as to refer to the families of the POWs and MIAs as Professional malcontents, conspiracy mongers, con artists, and! dime-store Rambos.

As a Senator you voted against the 1991 Gulf War, and have repeatedly voted against funds to supply our troops with the best equipment, and against money to improve our intelligence capability. I find this particularly ironic since as a Presidential candidate you are highly critical of our pre-war intelligence in Iraq. However, you did vote to authorize the President to go to war, but have since proceeded to do everything you can to undermine the efforts of our government and our troops to win. Is this what our fighting men and women can expect of you if you are their Commander in Chief? Will you gladly send them to war, only to then aid the enemy by undermining the morale of our troops and cutting off the weapons they need to win?

Our country is at war Senator, and as has been the case in every war since the American Revolution, a member of my family is serving their country during the war. Now you want me to trust you to lead my sons in this fight.

Sorry Senator, but when I compare your record to those who have fought and died for this nation, and are currently fighting and dying, the answer is not just no, but Hell No!

Sincerely,

Michael Connelly
    Dallas, Texas

Courtesy: Vets4Bush.com

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can also post a lot of vets who support him..even a repub..Mccain

so you like yr president! The one who can't string three sentences together on his own without bumbling his words...

THe President who had a dui just 20 years ago! But you'll attack Kerry for stupid statements he made 35 years ago!

You like the president who MOST Americans voted against in 2000!

You like a Southern OIL man from an aristocratic family who is a religouis nut and completely prejudiced against gays (even though Dick cheneys daughter is a lesbian!
    You would rather have christian family programming on television....
    you are nuts

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 6 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b]

You like a Southern OIL man from an aristocratic family who is a religouis nut and completely prejudiced against gays (even though Dick cheneys daughter is a lesbian!
    you are nuts[/b][/quote]
    Ronald Reagan's is gay. It still doesn't deny the fact that he was a great President. So what does Cheney's daughter being a lesbian have to do with anything? Seems you Liberals are really grasping for straws now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually was born french, before I was born mexican!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanInMaine+May 6 2004, 04:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanInMaine @ May 6 2004, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bman[/i]@May 6 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b]

You like a Southern OIL man from an aristocratic family who is a religouis nut and completely prejudiced against gays (even though Dick cheneys daughter is a lesbian&#33;
    you are nuts[/b][/quote]
    Ronald Reagan&#39;s is gay. It still doesn&#39;t deny the fact that he was a great President. So what does Cheney&#39;s daughter being a lesbian have to do with anything? Seems you Liberals are really grasping for straws now. [/b][/quote]
    [b]Ronald Reagan&#39;s is gay.[/b] Angry Angry Angry

"Not that theres anything wrong with that"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+May 6 2004, 04:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ May 6 2004, 04:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanInMaine@May 6 2004, 04:06 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--bman[/i]@May 6 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b]

You like a Southern OIL man from an aristocratic family who is a religouis nut and completely prejudiced against gays (even though Dick cheneys daughter is a lesbian&#33;
    you are nuts[/b][/quote]
    Ronald Reagan&#39;s is gay. It still doesn&#39;t deny the fact that he was a great President. So what does Cheney&#39;s daughter being a lesbian have to do with anything? Seems you Liberals are really grasping for straws now. [/b][/quote]

"Not that theres anything wrong with that" [/b][/quote]
    According to the Reagan basher&#39;s of the 80&#39;s he was because he was a ballet dancer. Funny how they can turn an issue around if they feel it can benifit them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanInMaine+May 6 2004, 04:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanInMaine @ May 6 2004, 04:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -chiefst2000@May 6 2004, 04:12 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanInMaine@May 6 2004, 04:06 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--bman[/i]@May 6 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b]

you are nuts[/b][/quote]

"Not that theres anything wrong with that" [/b][/quote]
    According to the Reagan basher&#39;s of the 80&#39;s he was because he was a ballet dancer. Funny how they can turn an issue around if they feel it can benifit them. [/b][/quote]
    :D They did that same thing to Richard Gere just because he liked to shove gerbils up his arse.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you guys bash Kerry when he went to Vietnam War (BUsh bailed out)...

He was given Purple Hearts (Now his injuries weren&#39;t sever enough)
    YOu kill him over comments he made 35 years ago&#33;

TRY looking in the mirror...Kill Bush for LYING to the american public and countless occasions...Kill Bush for insisting on an unnecessary war that has alreadt killed 700 us soldiers...AND countless innocent iraqui civilians...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 6 2004, 04:36 PM
    [b] you guys bash Kerry when he went to Vietnam War (BUsh bailed out)...

He was given Purple Hearts (Now his injuries weren&#39;t sever enough)
    YOu kill him over comments he made 35 years ago&#33;

TRY looking in the mirror...Kill Bush for LYING to the american public and countless occasions...Kill Bush for insisting on an unnecessary war that has alreadt killed 700 us soldiers...AND countless innocent iraqui civilians... [/b][/quote]
    Have you check out the link i provided in the thread you started " i thought saddam&#39;s torture was bad " or are those images just too much for a bleeding heart Liberal to come to grip with. Of course none of that was done with WOMD because Saddam didn&#39;t have any ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so when Bush talks spanish to a crowd it&#39;s great but when Kerry does it&#39;s lying :blink: