Thread: Even though Warfish has all the answers,

Hall Of Fame
    The general theme in many of Warfish's posts is [b]moral relativism[/b]. He also likes to define everybody, whether on the left or the right, as a "loonie" or an "extremist".

We should all be "moderates" like him. Beer should also be non-alcoholic, and coffee should be decaffienated, as well. :lol:

Here's the (hypothetical) questions:

What if all the loonie, extremist right wing gun nuts and Jesus freaks all vanished into thin air on Dec. 7, 1941, and it was left to all the moderates and loonie, left wing liberals to duke it out with Japan and Germany?

How bad do you think we would have gotten our asses kicked?

Do you think you would be a lampshade now, or a bar of soap (for my mentally challenged friends like bman, this is not a trick question)?

How do you think our war against terrorism would be going right now, assuming all the
    loonie, extremist right wing gun nuts and Jesus freaks played Harry Houdini today?

Final question-

How many of you a**holes are going to vote for John "I didn't throw my medals over the fence, I kept the purple hearts and threw the bandaids instead" Kerry?

Banned
    who the hell cares? you just like to whine about one party or another...THEY ALL SUCK...

Hall Of Fame
    They might very well all suck to some degree. But life here in Grownup Land requires you makes choices. It's not a cafeteria-you can't pick and choice what the whole should be. And more often than not, you make the least objectionable alternative, the lesser evil. By your logic, heck, you wouldn't go out with a woman unless she's Miss America with a degree from MIT.

I'd rather have a government that hopes I can take care of myself and worry about the common defense, rather than think it has to take care of the general welfare of everybody 24/7. Because it tends to to an okay job on the common defense part of the Constitution's preamble, and a sh!tty job of the general welfare part. And that's an immutable fact.

It's the difference between God and Santa. God has to make hard decisions-who lives and dies; who's led a life qualifying for heaven and who deserves eternal damnation and, most important, if and how he will intevene in our world. Santa pretends that he cares who's naughty and nice, but he really isn't keeping an eye on everyone; most everyone's getting PS2, good or bad. He defies phyiscal science in ways we don't bother, even when very young, to much consider, no matter how illogical. God is that phyiscal science. Above all, Santa isn't real and God is absolutely real. A conservative sees the world how it is and tries to make the best of it. A liberal sees the world and pretends in great folly that he absolutely can change it, or, worse, denies what he sees if it doesn't fit his outlook. And that is the height of foolishness.

Banned
    pick and choice...no, you are right this isn't elementary school :rolleyes:

they both suck equally to me...bush sucks and kerry sucks...why should i vote in an election where i don't want either? i might as well relinquish my voting rights...or should i just close my eyes and point and see?

God is a rapist and Santa likes little kids...
    they also both suck...

liberal? im not a liberal...im also not conservative...i vary greatly from issue to issue...seriously i think the whole party argument is very over rated...much like the president...

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@May 6 2004, 10:57 PM
    [b] pick and choice...no, you are right this isn't elementary school :rolleyes:

they both suck equally to me...bush sucks and kerry sucks...why should i vote in an election where i don't want either? i might as well relinquish my voting rights...or should i just close my eyes and point and see?

God is a rapist and Santa likes little kids...
    they also both suck...

liberal? im not a liberal...im also not conservative...i vary greatly from issue to issue...seriously i think the whole party argument is very over rated...much like the president... [/b][/quote]
    Pick and choice? Don't you mean pick and choose? Normally I wouldn't point something like that you. But with you have an IQ of 150 and all...

Banned
    maybe you should read the entire posts dumbass...it came straight from buggs post...i was doing a thing...its called making fun...you should learn how to do it...its fun...

[quote][b] They might very well all suck to some degree. But life here in Grownup Land requires you makes choices. It's not a cafeteria-you can't [b]pick and choice[/b] what the whole should be. And more often than not, you make the least objectionable alternative, the lesser evil. By your logic, heck, you wouldn't go out with a woman unless she's Miss America with a degree from MIT. [/b][/quote]

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@May 6 2004, 11:05 PM
    [b] maybe you should read the entire posts dumbass...it came straight from buggs post...i was doing a thing...its called making fun...you should learn how to do it...its fun...

[quote][b] They might very well all suck to some degree. But life here in Grownup Land requires you makes choices. It's not a cafeteria-you can't [b]pick and choice[/b] what the whole should be. And more often than not, you make the least objectionable alternative, the lesser evil. By your logic, heck, you wouldn't go out with a woman unless she's Miss America with a degree from MIT. [/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]
    I would like to read your entire post. I really would. But they are so mindnumbing I find it difficult.

Maybe it is because your IQ is so much higher. The big words you use cause my brain to swell.

Banned
    big words? i use no big words :)

actually...i don't...now lets see...did you read the posts this time...its funny you thought you were making fun of me...but you weren't...hahaha...ummm yeah...

Hall Of Fame
    Wrong word, right idea. What ever. God's a rapist-that's something new.

Hall Of Fame
    Great post Bugg.

Have you read 'The Conservative Mind' by Russell Kirk? It's great. It's pedantic as hell, but once you get used to it, it's very rewarding. It's an invaluable tool to understanding the roots and themes of conservative philosophy...from Edmund Burke through the present day.

Hall Of Fame
    I've tried to read Kirk and Aynn Rand. It's tough stuff to get through. They have a great deal of value. But I've thought from the first time I read them, Adam Smith and John Locke made more sense. And America is based on the ideals they espoused-Smith being Hamilton's ideals, Jefferson taking much from Locke. . And I think there's a streak of conservatism like Charles Murray that treats humans as having no more free will than thoroughbreds. It's like almost any set of values in that if you take it to the extreme it ceases to have much value.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [quote][b]We should all be "moderates" like him. Beer should also be non-alcoholic, and coffee should be decaffienated, as well.[/b][/quote]

Actually, Beer is for the weak. I like Scotch, and I like it alcoholic just fine. As for coffee, I tend to prefer triple shot Starbucks drinks, so it would seem I like caffeene just fine, eh?

[quote][b]What if all the loonie, extremist right wing gun nuts and Jesus freaks all vanished into thin air on Dec. 7, 1941, and it was left to all the moderates and loonie, left wing liberals to duke it out with Japan and Germany?[/b][/quote]

Different world back them pal. Nation state vs. Nation state is a heck of alot different than nation state vs. web of decentralized terrorists. Of course, both the left and right at that time were much less extremist than they are today. No less hateful of each other, but less extremist non the less.

[quote][b]Do you think you would be a lampshade now, or a bar of soap (for my mentally challenged friends like bman, this is not a trick question)?[/b][/quote]

Jeez, will you guys quit stealing Michael Savages "Shocker Lines". Lampshade, LOL. Right. Because leftists and moderates WANT to be killed and want to lose the USA to another nation. Right......

[quote][b]How many of you a**holes are going to vote for John "I didn't throw my medals over the fence, I kept the purple hearts and threw the bandaids instead" Kerry?[/b][/quote]

Actually, I won't be. If I choose to vote in 2004, it will be for Bush (especially if he gets over the idea of letting every Mexican on eearth into the USA, free of charge) or perhaps (but not likely) Nader.

Shocked? Well, perhaps if you took a second or two to get your closed minded extremist head out of your arse, you might understand that not everyone who dares QUESTION the right are Lefty Picko Communists who want to give Bin Laden the key to the City. Some os us can actually think for ourselves. We don't need to be part of your extremist mob.

You continue to prove my point: Extremists of every stripe are dangerous. You lash out and attack ANYONE who does not support your causes 100%. Dissention is not permitted. Questioning is not permitted. Anyone who does not fall into lockstep with you must be a "Leftist". Just not true pal, no matter how much you want it to be.

Banned
    ding dong...nice post warfish...

definatly agree with the extremist thing...for some reason they can never even see the other point of view...not that you have to accept it...but they are totally blind...