Thread: Kerry wounds were real

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/service.asp]http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/service.asp[/url]

i've read the account they tear to pieces on this very forum the one that says "three purple hearts, no limp"

Kerry was a gunboat in the Mekong delta gettin shot at, he's f--kin lucky to be alive.

Bush went AWOL from the frickin National Guard

who are you guys kidding with this garbage?

the worst anyone can say about him is he's a jerk

[url=http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/pizza.asp]http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/pizza.asp[/url]

so what? what's one man's arrogence is another man's presidential air

at least he's not Bush.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 7 2004, 03:44 AM
    [b] [url=http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/service.asp]http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/service.asp[/url]

i've read the account they tear to pieces on this very forum the one that says "three purple hearts, no limp"

Kerry was a gunboat in the Mekong delta gettin shot at, he's f--kin lucky to be alive.

Bush went AWOL from the frickin National Guard

who are you guys kidding with this garbage?

the worst anyone can say about him is he's a jerk

[url=http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/pizza.asp]http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/pizza.asp[/url]

so what? what's one man's arrogence is another man's presidential air

at least he's not Bush. [/b][/quote]
    Ah, the "frickin" national guard...where'd [i]you [/i]serve, chump?

Oh, riight. You haven't done diddly-sh*t.

(Yes, I haven't either, but you won't see me smugly ripping on National Guardsmen.)

Do people who go AWOL usually get honorably discharged? Do YOU have an MBA from Harvard?

Kerry is more than a "jerk." He called his fellow soldiers rapists and baby-killers while they still were facing hostile fire. My FATHER was one of those men! HE'S lucky to be alive after Kerry emboldened the enemy. My dad didn't get bacitracin applied enough times to leave after 3.5 months in country, he had to stay for two years! The f*cking Commies have come out and SAID that the "useful idiots" in America kept their support flowing like wine during a war in which they were losing, militarily. The Tet was a disaster militarily for the opposition, but morons like YOU emboldened the enemy with your whining. Kerry also admitted that HE is a war criminal and baby-killer. If he's telling the truth about the atrocities, HE is a rapist and baby-killer. If he's lying, he was emboldening the enemy and endangering the lives of soldiers that he KNEW were NOT rapists and baby-killers, all for personal political gain. That is [i]much [/i]worse than merely being a jerk. Maybe if your father had served in Nam or if you had family members in Iraq presently you'd feel differently about this unimaginable crap from Kerry.

Stick to doing Mock Drafts, dude. The adults are talking here.... ;)

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@May 7 2004, 08:09 AM
    [b] The f*cking Commies have come out and SAID that the "useful idiots" in America kept their support flowing like wine during a war in which they were losing, militarily. [/b][/quote]
    So, to summarize, we should believe the commies when their statements support YOUR position, but not the rest of the time.

Is that about right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™+May 7 2004, 08:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Bob the Jets Fan™ @ May 7 2004, 08:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@May 7 2004, 08:09 AM
    [b] The f*cking Commies have come out and SAID that the "useful idiots" in America kept their support flowing like wine during a war in which they were losing, militarily. [/b][/quote]
    So, to summarize, we should believe the commies when their statements support YOUR position, but not the rest of the time.

Is that about right? [/b][/quote]
    When did I say we shoudn&#39;t [i]believe[/i] them the rest of the time? Honestly, when and where? Bueller? Bueller? Frye? Bueller?

Nice attempt at cornering me and getting off-issue though, I am impressed.

Was your father in Vietnam facing hostile fire when Kerry called him a rapist baby-killer?

(It&#39;s called a direct question...conservative extremists have been known to ask them on occasion for some strange reason.) ;)

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My father was not there. My uncle was. He was fortunate to emerge uninjured, and cursed Johnson regularly for sending him to that "bulls*** war" (his words).

Despite being pissed at Johnson, he could not believe that Nixon got elected. I remember during Watergate, he said that he knew Nixon was crooked all along.

He died when I was pretty young, so I never got to have a real political conversation with him.

I think he was a Democrat, but maybe he just didn&#39;t like presidents.

BTW - So, we SHOULD believe commies? Does that mean they were right about that whole economic system deal, too? If so, we could have saved a fortune on the Cold War. ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    give me a break..the poor farmers of Vietnam were not EMBOLDENED by Kerrys remarks...HE did not make the enemy stronger...and again Kerry fought and has every right to say whatever the hell he wants too...That war was wrong and another misusage of the US miliraty for rediculous aims...gues what we lost that war...did the sky come crumbling down....did american capitalism soemhow end..NO...and if kerry saw atrocities in Vietnam he SHOULD come back and say we have to stop...because it is true...in war like that families died..villages were burned...WAR is HELL and rich scmuks like BUSH who NEVER EVEN showed up for that war are the insane ones who now wage war..

50,000 americans died..FOR WHAT..They weren&#39;t fighting for freedom..poor vietnamese farmers were not the enemy of the american people...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    5ever im sorry but there&#39;s nothing you can tell me that makes me believe getting hit three times on a solitary gunboat in the Mekong delta is LESS TOUGH than not even showing up for the Air National Guard.

as for the dishonorable discharge, the MBA - I don&#39;t have either but i do have an MSIS - besides if my dad was the head of the CIA i would have all that and more - so would you. when your dad is the head of the CIA alot of doors open.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@May 7 2004, 08:35 AM
    [b] My father was not there. My uncle was. He was fortunate to emerge uninjured, and cursed Johnson regularly for sending him to that "bulls*** war" (his words).

Despite being pissed at Johnson, he could not believe that Nixon got elected. I remember during Watergate, he said that he knew Nixon was crooked all along.

He died when I was pretty young, so I never got to have a real political conversation with him.

I think he was a Democrat, but maybe he just didn&#39;t like presidents.

BTW - So, we SHOULD believe commies? Does that mean they were right about that whole economic system deal, too? If so, we could have saved a fortune on the Cold War. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Their economic system collapsed. The entire world is moving toward a market econony, even China. It matters little what you "believe." The evidence is such that command and control economies don&#39;t grow or raise living standards like market economies do. The facts are that the "useful idiots" contributed to the loss in Vietnam.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you know that US has never fought a war with a country that has a MCdonalds&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 7 2004, 10:47 AM
    [b] 5ever im sorry but there&#39;s nothing you can tell me that makes me believe getting hit three times on a solitary gunboat in the Mekong delta is LESS TOUGH than not even showing up for the Air National Guard.

as for the dishonorable discharge, the MBA - I don&#39;t have either but i do have an MSIS - besides if my dad was the head of the CIA i would have all that and more - so would you. when your dad is the head of the CIA alot of doors open. [/b][/quote]
    Bit - This is why discussions with you are often INFURIATING and why I should just stop. ;) I NEVER implied that Kerry was "less tough" than Bush. I never even came CLOSE to implying it. All I said was that since you didn&#39;t serve, you shouldn&#39;t rip on the National Guard. That&#39;s it. Case closed. Of course Kerry&#39;s service record is superior to Bush&#39;s. No rational person would argue otherwise.

Also - "not even showing" up is a joke. Bush flew on tons of flights. Fighter jets are not safe machines. The jet he was trained on was being phased out by the time he was in Alabama and regardless of your opinion of his honorable discharge, to blithly state that he &#39;didn&#39;t show up&#39; is absurd, considering there is proof that he did fly in doznes of drills. Pilots die in training all the time. Relative to you and I, Bush did serve. Relative to Kerry, his record is considerably less impressive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@May 7 2004, 10:53 AM
    [b] Relative to you and I, Bush did serve. Relative to Kerry, his record is considerably less impressive. [/b][/quote]
    that&#39;s all my point is really

and its not really addressed to you but some of your fellow Bush supporters who really believe the stories that Kerry didn&#39;t get wounded etc.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+May 7 2004, 10:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ May 7 2004, 10:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@May 7 2004, 10:53 AM
    [b] Relative to you and I, Bush did serve. Relative to Kerry, his record is considerably less impressive. [/b][/quote]

and its not really addressed to you but some of your fellow Bush supporters who really believe the stories that Kerry didn&#39;t get wounded etc. [/b][/quote]
    I kidded about his bacitracin and all, but I NEVER said Bush&#39;s record is just as good or that I didn&#39;t respect Kerry for putting his life on the line. C&#39;mon...I know we kid and have fun, but you KNOW I am a rational person.

Just cause I hate Kerry probably as much as you hate Bush doesn&#39;t mean I ignore his laudable service.

Also - to my credit, I hated him even while he was losing badly in the polls to Dean and Clark, remember? I fully acknowledge my father&#39;s role in it...but I have been consistent and haven&#39;t invented this hatred just cause he&#39;s a threat to Bush now.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The title of this post should be "Kerry&#39;s wounds were self-inflicted";

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=22180]Army Doc describes kerry&#39;s wounds[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+May 7 2004, 10:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ May 7 2004, 10:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@May 7 2004, 10:53 AM

and its not really addressed to you but some of your fellow Bush supporters who really believe the stories that Kerry didn&#39;t get wounded etc.[/b][/quote]
    I dont really care if he got wounded or not. It has nothing to do with his ability to run this country. I&#39;d much rather keep the focus on Kerry&#39;s voting record.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yah Hanoi John was here just long enough to get some really good Super 8 footage of himself and a couple self inflicted wounds to boost his politcal future :rolleyes:

3 and a half months, that&#39;s some tour of duty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 and 1/2 months in Vietnam is no picnic..
    Bush was having picnics by the way during that time..he then got a dwi in Maine&#33;
    but that&#39;s ok b/c he now a certified born again nut

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 7 2004, 11:24 AM
    [b] 3 and 1/2 months in Vietnam is no picnic..
    Bush was having picnics by the way during that time..he then got a dwi in Maine&#33;
    but that&#39;s ok b/c he now a certified born again nut [/b][/quote]
    It was no picnic but it was just long enough to get some excellent Super 8 footage.