Thread: What is YOUR Favorite Fish to Fish For?

For me, it has always been the lowly Catfish. Well, not lowly in MY mind (especially the bigger Channel Catfish, Blue Cats and Flatheads I try to go after).

I like the atmosphere, chilling out on the shore someplace. Watching nature around me, my rods (two minimum, sometimes three) in their holders waiting for a bit, just hangin out. No stress, no problems, no work, no politics, no responsibillities, no nothing. Just peace, quiet, fishing and silence......

Well, except for my brother. He talks alot, LOL!

Jets Insider VIP
    Blowfish..... nah, winter flounder, love the cold weather and they taste great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    Largemouth bass.

Lotsa fun to be standing on the deck of a bassboat, pitching a bait into heavy cover, and then the surface of the water erupts 20 or 30 feet away when the fish slams into your lure. Even more fun on ultralight tackle when you have to chase the fish for 20 minutes before you can get him into the boat.

Practice Squad
    The ever elusive stripe bass. Although catching a gorilla bluefish is sweet!
    I usually just throw em back. Let them grow even BIGGER for next time.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Large Mouth Bass without a doubt!! Like RBstern said, the strike is exciting then is followed by a fight. Bass season here opens June 11 and I can't wait.

LM bass of course love the fight and the action of them hitting a top water zarra spook. I also love the weight of the catties when i fish down in maryland in the bay

plugging for Stipers all the way !
    nothing beats a big bass hitting a pencil popper {yozuri surface cruiser in blue mackeral}| :D :D :D

the way the pencils work they come in so slow slapping from side to side it just angers th bass off to no end

lm bass, trout are also fun. stripers and fluke for saltwater

All Pro
    I grew up on the Peconic River, which used to be full of Large Mouths... Jitterbugs and Crazy Crawlers always worked like a charm.

I miss being out on the boat by the Shinnecock Inlet in the summer time, catching doormat Fluke.

Live eels out in Plum Gut for monster stripers...

Now in Florida, my fave seems to be grouper, although I have yet to go out for Tarpon yet.

Yellowfin Tuna! ;)

Hall Of Fame
    large mouth is my fav. to catch. then trout...i dont like deep sea fishing i get sick ;) and dont eat fish either! i only eat trout!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I've caught almost every fish there is from the north to the south but I don't think anything matches the excitement and adrenaline rush of battling with a big Swordfish like the 225 lber on the left.
    [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p36ad4af30d75b6a71ec527c6b223edb1/fa2a074b.jpg[/img]