Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kerry Campaign has hit a rock

Hall Of Fame
    The stuff that's hurting him is coming from Democrats, not the Bush campaign. The Clintons have made the calculation that they think Hillary! can get there in 2004, so their minions are greasing the skids for Frenchie. Plus, sadly, there are enough idiots in America who would vote for this fraud Hillary! to make it competitive, or at least change the dynamics enough to make it interesting.

Keep in mind-until 2000, we hadn't had an Electoral College election since 1876. And in the state that mattered, one candidate's brother was governor. What are the odds of that? Stranger things have happened and only as far back as 2000. Does the name "Toricelli" ring a bell?

Hillary still in the mix

By Bill Roe
    Special to the Carolina Morning News

The meltdown of John Kerry has begun. The Clinton wing of the party, realizing Kerry is on the ropes, is starting to make its move. The purpose? Hillary in 2004.

I mentioned this possibility four months ago, and the inability of John Kerry to grab onto the Democrat base means curtains for him.

The "party of hate" will do anything to defeat the man they hate with a passion - George Bush.

Small events will now snowball at the Democratic National Convention in the great money pit of Boston, Mass. These events that are embarrassing to Kerry have not come from the Republican National Committee but from, believe it or not, ABC television archives.

Kerry's perks are constantly being revealed, including his $7,000 trail bike and then his silly statement that the SUVs in his garage were not his but belonged to his family. This contradicted his statement, made in auto country, that we should cut back on imported automobiles.

Then we had Donna Brazille, a major player in the Clinton administration, complaining that blacks, Hispanics and other minorities are not being placed in key positions in the Kerry team.

Next, Kerry received criticism for not understanding the need to organize political organizations in key states like Ohio.

Now, along comes Bill Clinton hogging the headlines announcing that his memoirs will be released in June.

The $10 million dollar man will hit all the talk shows, pushing the Kerry campaign into the background.

I believe this to be a calculated move by the Clintons to destroy either Kerry entering the nomination process or to doom his candidacy in the general election.

Realizing the ruthlessness of the Clintons, I see these acts as a way to have the candidacy of Hillary Clinton packaged and to have her arrive to save the Democratic Party from virtual extinction.

If this happens, George W. Bush will be in deep trouble in his re-election bid. And with his defeat the Democrats will regain control of the Senate.

If Kerry survives the convention and is confirmed, the Democrats will suffer a worse defeat than the candidacy of George McGovern.

The die has been cast. Kerry will limp into the convention in early August a wounded animal, knowing that he has been sandbagged by the Clintons and their operatives.

With Rudy Giuliani ready to end Hillary's short-lived New York Senate presence, the Clintons must act now. The theme will be Kerry cannot win so the plea will be for Hillary to run.

She will say no, but she will run. Bill Clinton will let it be known that after hours of deliberation and prayer they would accept the Democratic nomination for Hillary, with the understanding that Bill would become secretary of State working with Kofi Annan, dividing the spoils of the United Nations.

This would cause a raucous Democratic Convention. The world would tune in to see the Clinton dynasty take over the party. Delegates would have a choice. Lose big-time with Kerry or stab him in the back and elect the eclectic couple.

Sound crazy? Not really. The Democrats are that desperate.

All League
    Charter JI Member

This is some of the most desperate fantasy foolishness I have seen in a while.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@May 7 2004, 08:53 PM
    [b] This is some of the most desperate fantasy foolishness I have seen in a while. [/b][/quote]
    bob, I realize that you are a zealous, ultra leftist ideologue, and you hate Bush and all that he stands for.

But please.... just admit this to me...

You do know that John Kerry is a boob, right?

Please Bob, tell me you're not completely insane.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Go back and read your own body of message board work for a pretty good picture of "insane."

Hall Of Fame
    :lol:

Bob, please...

I implore you.

Tell me it pains you to end to have to put that ridiculous 'John Kerry.com' slogan in your signature. That you realize the futility of it all.

John Kerry!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Just a little reminder about how beloved the putative Dem nominee is-

[url=http://www.chak.org/blog/archives/000177.html]http://www.chak.org/blog/archives/000177.html[/url]

Further, if you remember "Caddyshack", close your eyes and listen to John Kerry and it sounds like Judge Smails, aka Ted Knight has come back to life.

"I've sentenced men younger than you to the death penalty, Danny. I didn't want to do do it, but I felt I owed it to them".

"How about a Fresca?"

"How would you like to mow my lawn?"

Today, Kerry says that the whole Iraq prisoner fiasco goes right up to the White House. So now, since by that logic, anything evil and awful U.S. troops do is grounds for the President to eat the gun, should the President at the time of Kerry's admitted atrocities(thus far unconfessed but hinted at-a busy 4 months-3 Purple Hearts plus atrocities!) have eaten the gun? We have 2.3 million men and women under arms. So George W. Bush must babysit each and every one of them 24/7. These people are being criminally prosecuted under the UCMJ by the DoD. It was wrong and it's being addressed. Other than that what else could Kerry want-would Kerry violate their rights as criminally-charged Americans? Because what else would he like done short of summary execution without a trial?

There's no overriding idea for the Kerry campaign other than he served in Vietnam for 4 months and isn't George W. Bush. And that isn't getting him anywhere without more of a rationale for running.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[img]http://www.drbukk.com/images9/hclinton.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    It's pathetic how the dems jump on every friggin incident and politicize it and spin it to make Bush out to be Satan.

I know there is plenty of gray area, but in my opinion, its seditious.

Joe Lieberman was a stand up guy today, though.

Hall Of Fame
    [img]http://216.92.151.22/images/weblog/inline/KerrySmall.jpg[/img]

All League
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@May 7 2004, 09:26 PM
    [b] Further, if you remember "Caddyshack", close your eyes and listen to John Kerry and it sounds like Judge Smails, aka Ted Knight has come back to life.
    [/b][/quote]
    Actually, that's true, and pretty funny.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@May 7 2004, 09:35 PM
    [b] [img]http://www.drbukk.com/images9/hclinton.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic."

:lol: :D :P :lol: :D :P

Hall Of Fame
    "It's easy to grin when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man that's worthwhile is the man that can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat. Okay, Pookie!"

The Dems are having buyers remorse at this point, Kerry is a pathetic joke, even they're realizing it.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@May 7 2004, 11:30 PM
    [b] The Dems are having buyers remorse at this point, Kerry is a pathetic joke, even they're realizing it. [/b][/quote]
    How dare you say that about the second black presidential candidate.

[i]I actually was black, before I was born white.[/i]

Hall Of Fame
    Fascinating read:

[url=http://www.zpub.com/un/hillc.html]http://www.zpub.com/un/hillc.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb+May 8 2004, 12:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Spirit of Weeb @ May 8 2004, 12:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@May 7 2004, 11:30 PM
    [b] The Dems are having buyers remorse at this point, Kerry is a pathetic joke, even they&#39;re realizing it. [/b][/quote]
    How dare you say that about the second black presidential candidate.

[i]I actually was black, before I was born white.[/i] [/b][/quote]
    Actually Weeb I think he is the first...Clinton was white then turned black in the WH to become the first black President of the US.

Of course this is only topped by the transformation of OJ who was born black but became a white man&#33; :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    April 30, 2004, 8:25 a.m.
    Deficit Doublespeak
    Kerry is a tax raiser and spender, make no mistake about it.

By Cesar V. Conda

Massachusetts Senator John Kerry has made deficit-reduction a central economic theme of his campaign for president. In a speech at Georgetown University in early April, with former Clinton Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin at his side, Kerry blamed President George W. Bush for moving the federal budget “from record surpluses to record deficits.” He then pledged to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term, while proclaiming that a “deficit-reduction promise from George W. Bush is not exactly a gilt-edged bond.”

Well, as it turns out, neither is such a promise from John Kerry. Eleven days after that speech, during an interview with Tim Russert on Meet the Press, Kerry said he would break his own deficit-reduction pledge in the case of war or national emergency.

RUSSERT: In the interest of candor and clarity, you have promised to create 10 million jobs and cut the deficit in half in your first four years.
    KERRY: Yes, sir.

RUSSERT: If you don&#39;t achieve those goals, would you pledge you will not seek re-election?

KERRY: Well, it would depend on the circumstances. If I don&#39;t because there&#39;s a war or something terrible happens, of course I&#39;m not going to make that pledge.

“Something terrible” did happen to America on September 11, 2001. The unavoidable increases in government spending needed to respond to 9/11 and the subsequent global war on terrorism had a significant impact on the budget situation under President Bush. As Senate Democratic leader Tom Daschle put it at that time, “This is deficit spending once again and it’s very disconcerting to many of us. But I don’t know that there is an alternative.”

Within days of the attack, Congress appropriated &#036;40 billion to pay for the rebuilding efforts here at home and the retaliation against al Qaeda terrorists in Afghanistan. President Bush, with the bipartisan support of Congress, then took the next necessary step in the war on terror by removing Saddam Hussein’s regime in Iraq. Congress provided supplemental funding for both the troops and for the reconstruction and rebuilding in Iraq. The president and Congress tripled the amount of spending on homeland security since 2001, and focused these resources under the new Department of Homeland Security.

As House Democratic leader Richard Gephardt cogently observed in February 2003, “We are in recession, we are at war, and that has consequences for any budget.” According to the Office of Management and Budget, about 75 percent of the increase in discretionary spending over the past three fiscal years was due to our nation’s response to 9/11 and the war. The Congressional Joint Economic Committee found that 73 percent of the downturn in the budget surplus over the last three years was the byproduct of increased government spending and the weak economy. Only 27 percent of the dissipation was caused by the Bush tax cuts.

Had there been no tax cuts, the federal government would still have run substantial budget deficits. In fact, by cushioning the economic fallout from the 9/11 attack and strengthening the economy, the tax cuts had the effect of putting a floor under the tax revenue base. Without the Bush tax cuts, the recession would have been longer and deeper, thereby producing an even larger budget deficit.

In the coming months the American people must decide which candidate for president has the more credible plan to cut the deficit. President Bush’s budget proposal for the 2005 fiscal year, with its 402 pages, provides a detailed blueprint to restrain spending and cut the deficit in half over five years. It would hold the growth of total discretionary spending to 3.9 percent and limit non-defense, non-homeland security spending to less than 1 percent. It calls for terminating 65 unnecessary programs including corporate welfare (such as the Advanced Technology Program). Most important, it proposes to make the Bush tax cuts permanent, thereby fueling the economic growth that will ultimately add tax revenue and reduce the deficit.

In an attempt to outdo the president, Sen. Kerry has proposed cutting the deficit in half in four years “by paying for every program I propose; and by rolling back the Bush tax cut for the wealthiest Americans while expanding tax cuts for the middle class.” He pledged only last week that a Kerry administration would “cut the spending level from where it is today, and we will reduce the size of government from what it is today.”

The Kerry budget plan, however, contains few details on specific government programs the senator would cut or eliminate, although it is very specific about programs he would increase. Since he declared his candidacy, Kerry has proposed 85 spending programs, 44 of which have been calculated by the Congressional Budget Office and other credible sources as costing almost &#036;2 trillion over ten years.

In an effort to brandish his credentials as a deficit hawk, Kerry has called for the renewal of Congress’s budget-enforcement rules, which require new spending and tax cuts to be “paid for” by spending cuts or tax increases elsewhere. However, Kerry’s budget plan purposely exempts the cost of his middle-class tax cuts from these budget rules. In this way, Kerry can support tough budget-enforcement rules and avoid the tough choices required to live by them.

Journalists exaggerate the importance of deficits in an economy. A nation can theoretically have no economic growth, stagnant living standards, and 10 percent unemployment, and one would hardly say things were great simply because a budget surplus existed. Further, while some argue that increased deficits lead to higher interest rates, the evidence of recent years simply does not support this view: As the budget has moved from surplus to deficit over the past three years, interest rates have fallen significantly.

A President Kerry would harm — not help — economic growth through his tax increases. And given his almost &#036;2 trillion spending plans, the only way John Kerry will come close to eliminating the deficit is if he raises taxes far, far higher than the &#036;700 billion in he has already pledged by increasing taxes on the rich. It is clear that Kerry’s promise to cut the deficit is built on rhetoric, not reality.

— Cesar V. Conda, formerly assistant for domestic policy under Vice President Dick Cheney, is a board director at Empower America in Washington D.C.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@May 7 2004, 08:41 PM
    [b] The stuff that&#39;s hurting him is coming from Democrats, not the Bush campaign. The Clintons have made the calculation that they think Hillary&#33; can get there in 2004, so their minions are greasing the skids for Frenchie. Plus, sadly, there are enough idiots in America who would vote for this fraud Hillary&#33; to make it competitive, or at least change the dynamics enough to make it interesting.

Keep in mind-until 2000, we hadn&#39;t had an Electoral College election since 1876. And in the state that mattered, one candidate&#39;s brother was governor. What are the odds of that? Stranger things have happened and only as far back as 2000. Does the name "Toricelli" ring a bell?

Hillary still in the mix

By Bill Roe
    Special to the Carolina Morning News

The meltdown of John Kerry has begun. The Clinton wing of the party, realizing Kerry is on the ropes, is starting to make its move. The purpose? Hillary in 2004.

I mentioned this possibility four months ago, and the inability of John Kerry to grab onto the Democrat base means curtains for him.

The "party of hate" will do anything to defeat the man they hate with a passion - George Bush.

Small events will now snowball at the Democratic National Convention in the great money pit of Boston, Mass. These events that are embarrassing to Kerry have not come from the Republican National Committee but from, believe it or not, ABC television archives.

Kerry&#39;s perks are constantly being revealed, including his &#036;7,000 trail bike and then his silly statement that the SUVs in his garage were not his but belonged to his family. This contradicted his statement, made in auto country, that we should cut back on imported automobiles.

Then we had Donna Brazille, a major player in the Clinton administration, complaining that blacks, Hispanics and other minorities are not being placed in key positions in the Kerry team.

Next, Kerry received criticism for not understanding the need to organize political organizations in key states like Ohio.

Now, along comes Bill Clinton hogging the headlines announcing that his memoirs will be released in June.

The &#036;10 million dollar man will hit all the talk shows, pushing the Kerry campaign into the background.

I believe this to be a calculated move by the Clintons to destroy either Kerry entering the nomination process or to doom his candidacy in the general election.

Realizing the ruthlessness of the Clintons, I see these acts as a way to have the candidacy of Hillary Clinton packaged and to have her arrive to save the Democratic Party from virtual extinction.

If this happens, George W. Bush will be in deep trouble in his re-election bid. And with his defeat the Democrats will regain control of the Senate.

If Kerry survives the convention and is confirmed, the Democrats will suffer a worse defeat than the candidacy of George McGovern.

The die has been cast. Kerry will limp into the convention in early August a wounded animal, knowing that he has been sandbagged by the Clintons and their operatives.

With Rudy Giuliani ready to end Hillary&#39;s short-lived New York Senate presence, the Clintons must act now. The theme will be Kerry cannot win so the plea will be for Hillary to run.

She will say no, but she will run. Bill Clinton will let it be known that after hours of deliberation and prayer they would accept the Democratic nomination for Hillary, with the understanding that Bill would become secretary of State working with Kofi Annan, dividing the spoils of the United Nations.

This would cause a raucous Democratic Convention. The world would tune in to see the Clinton dynasty take over the party. Delegates would have a choice. Lose big-time with Kerry or stab him in the back and elect the eclectic couple.

Sound crazy? Not really. The Democrats are that desperate. [/b][/quote]
    dude if this happens i am an ex pat........i am out of here

Hall Of Fame
    Hillary runs the show. She is head honcho of the Democrat Steering and Coordination Committee. Nobody says squat &#39;cos Hillary raises alot of money for that party. Nobody dares cross her. Believe me, if she wants Kerry derailed, she can do it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@May 7 2004, 09:36 PM
    [b] It&#39;s pathetic how the dems jump on every friggin incident and politicize it and spin it to make Bush out to be Satan.

I know there is plenty of gray area, but in my opinion, its seditious.

Joe Lieberman was a stand up guy today, though. [/b][/quote]
    The only thing that equals Democratic Spin in pure disgusting-ness is republican spin. They are equally divissive, misleading, self-serving and dishonest, in their own ways.

By the way Moses, did you cherrypick the word seditious from Michael Savage too? Seems many on this board like to cherrypick their "Fightin&#39; Words" from Mr. Savage and his fine (and unbaised, he&#39;s an independant remember) radio show.