Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go ahead, Boys

Originally posted by Thor99@May 11 2004, 04:10 PM
    The Lightning however, have not lost on the road in the playoffs, and they were also the best team in the league on the road.
    Philly hasn't lost at home in the playoffs...

Gonna get very interesting.
    I was waiting for someone to mention that. All I've heard is how Philly is unbeaten at home in the playoffs, but nothing about the Lightning being great on the road. Should be fun.

All League
    TAMPA, Fla. - The Tampa Bay Lightning (news) is hoping to tap into larger crowds by offering unlimited free beer to season ticket holders
    But the sudsy sale may not reach its goal if safe-driving advocates have their way.
    Police and several area chapters of Mothers Against Drunk Driving say the hockey team's offer is irresponsible.

Is this crazy or what-Pretty sad for lack of support of the team to suggest desperate measures but great for season ticket holders. Makes me want to move down Tampa just for the beer!

Originally posted by faba@May 12 2004, 09:06 AM
    TAMPA, Fla. - The Tampa Bay Lightning (news) is hoping to tap into larger crowds by offering unlimited free beer to season ticket holders
    But the sudsy sale may not reach its goal if safe-driving advocates have their way.
    Police and several area chapters of Mothers Against Drunk Driving say the hockey team's offer is irresponsible.

Is this crazy or what-Pretty sad for lack of support of the team to suggest desperate measures but great for season ticket holders. Makes me want to move down Tampa just for the beer!
    This is news to me. What's your source?

All League
    The article is coming off Yahoo sports section for Hockey
    BucJeff
    I could not believe it when I first read it-especially with possible liability that could arise.

Originally posted by faba@May 12 2004, 11:54 AM
    The article is coming off Yahoo sports section for Hockey
    BucJeff
    I could not believe it when I first read it-especially with possible liability that could arise.
    I don't know what Tampa's promotions department was thinkin' on this one. How stupid can they be? Buy a season ticket and drink as much beer as you want! Nice message.

I think this is an omen....Tampa's problems are just startin'. After they get knocked out by my Flyers, they'll need to have those unlimited beers. :unsure:

Liability HAD to be looked into.....LOL.

Some team should offer free soda or 1 hot dog a game or something like that....hockey needs all the fans it can get.

GGG....good luck...I&#39;ll be pulling for the Flyers...<cough> Nystrom, top shelf&#33; <cough,cough>

Originally posted by Shadetree@May 12 2004, 02:58 PM
    Liability HAD to be looked into.....LOL.

Some team should offer free soda or 1 hot dog a game or something like that....hockey needs all the fans it can get.

GGG....good luck...I&#39;ll be pulling for the Flyers...<cough> Nystrom, top shelf&#33; <cough,cough>
    Shine up those golf clubs, Icelanders, and drive those golf carts off a cliff. We&#39;re in the playoffs and you ain&#39;t. COUGH, COUGH.

Nystrom = OFFSIDES GOAL = CHEATER = LEON STICKLE, OPEN YOUR G*DD*MN EYES&#33;

Once again the mass media just spews out misinformation instead of confirming the story by actually going online or picking up a phone.

The deal was...If you put a deposit down for season tickets at last Mondays game, you received 4 vouchers, each redemable for 1 10 oz beer. That&#39;s it. That was the promotion. For you math wizzards out there, that equals 2 and a half bottles of Ice House, and not a direct pipeline to the Budwiser brewery.

The likes of Jim Rome and others have once again proven that they are lazy, and prefer to create the news, instead of reporting it.