Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go ahead, Boys

Surprised to see no one blasting my Flyboys yet.

Still eight wins away from a Cup. Bulin Wall looked pretty solid on Saturday afternoon. We gotta find a way to get the puck past him. Two costly turnovers. Tonight is a must-win.

cough, bobby nystrom, cough, cough

Good luck the rest of the way, GGG.

BTW..I was talking about the Nystron goal at a wedding yesterday, and a fellow Islander fan said he was onsides :blink: and that one of the Sutter's was offsides by about 4 feet earlier in the game?!?!?!?
    I dont recall that, do you?

All League
    GGG
    I will not bash the Flyers-
    I think that the first period was a killer-they were dominating in shots and had two straight power plays and came away with nothing.
    Tampa Bay is very good with their speed at counterattacking with turnovers -this is where your Flyers are at big disadvantage.

Can't bash 'em........yet. Tampa's the real deal though. Long series to go. B)

Originally posted by Shadetree@May 10 2004, 09:04 AM
    cough, bobby nystrom, cough, cough

Good luck the rest of the way, GGG.

BTW..I was talking about the Nystron goal at a wedding yesterday, and a fellow Islander said he was onsides :blink: and that one of the Sutter's was offsides by about 4 feet earlier in the game?!?!?!?
    I dont recall that, do you?
    Nystrom's goal in OT was offsides. That was the only one. Now stop it already. The goal still haunts me at night. I cried for weeks afterwards.

Barely made it out of therapy thinkin' about it.

One game does not a series make. However this was the Flyers chance to come out and have a dominant 1st period, but the Lightning hung in there til they got there legs under them.

Must win game for the Flyers tonight. I'm not saying that it's impossible for the Flyers to win 4 out of 5 against the Bolts, just improbable.

Before you can get the puck past Khabby, you have to get it at least to him. Only 19 shots on goal isn't going to do it.

MARTY "BOOM BOOM" ST. LOUIS! :lol:

Originally posted by BucJeff@May 10 2004, 12:02 PM

MARTY "BOOM BOOM" ST. LOUIS! :lol:
    Enjoy it now, BucJeff, cause the series gets tied up tonight.

But what does Philly do to beat these guys? Tie them up and they'll get called. Run Khabibulin and you'll get called, a la Primeau. I think they need to shoot often and from everywhere. See if the wall has some cracks. Also, THEY MUST PLAY PHYSICAL! Use their advantage. Hit St. Louis, often. Hit Lecavalier, often.

Well whatever. I'm no expert. Should be a helluva game! B)

Originally posted by CanadaJet@May 10 2004, 03:26 PM
    But what does Philly do to beat these guys? Tie them up and they'll get called. Run Khabibulin and you'll get called, a la Primeau. I think they need to shoot often and from everywhere. See if the wall has some cracks. Also, THEY MUST PLAY PHYSICAL! Use their advantage. Hit St. Louis, often. Hit Lecavalier, often.

Thought we were up 1-0 on the "goal" from Primeau and instead get called for goalie interference and it's two minutes in the sin bin for #25. My guys have had that penalty way too many times in the playoffs already. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

For such a small guy, Marty St. Louis is pretty tough.

Practice Squad
    The Flyers stealing one would really set the tone for home ice. Keep in mind, the Flyers are monsters at home so far.

All League
    Sam Rosen on FAN today, said Sami Kap will play D tonight, Somik on a line with #25 and Sharpe is playing tonight.

All Pro
    The Flyers looked good tonight, or did the 'Ning look bad? Either way, it's the first win for the Flyers against TB in the last 9, going back to last year. Either way, it's going to be a great series... with the 'Ning winning in 6.

My guys looked real good last night...added to that, yes, Tampa looked ugly.

Let's hope LeClair is finally out of his slump. We could use him in front of the net.

Bring on Game 3!!!!

All League
    Great game for your Flyers-GGG
    Flyers to win this series just got to keep going strong to the net and using their superior muscle. Tampa defensemen are not that
    physical-this is where the Flyers can win this series.
    Leclair woke up from his hibernation-about time

Originally posted by CanadaJet@May 10 2004, 04:26 PM

Never quoted myself before but holy assessment!

I think I should call Hitch...but me behind the bench!

Originally posted by CanadaJet+May 11 2004, 09:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CanadaJet @ May 11 2004, 09:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--CanadaJet@May 10 2004, 04:26 PM
    But what does Philly do to beat these guys? Tie them up and they&#39;ll get called. Run Khabibulin and you&#39;ll get called, a la Primeau. I think they need to shoot often and from everywhere. See if the wall has some cracks. Also, THEY MUST PLAY PHYSICAL&#33; Use their advantage. Hit St. Louis, often. Hit Lecavalier, often.

Well whatever. I&#39;m no expert. Should be a helluva game&#33; B)
    Never quoted myself before but holy assessment&#33;

I think I should call Hitch...but me behind the bench&#33; [/b][/quote]
    See...you really are an EXPERT. 100% correct....shoot often. That says it all. Get to Khabby early.

I hope we&#39;ve found the secret key. Seven wins away from Lord Stanley......

I just hope last night was just "one of those nights" for the Lightning. It was just ugly all the way around. Hopefully this will serve as a kick in the pants for them. I guess it must be easy to get a tad bit complacent when you win 8 in a row.

But I don&#39;t want to take anything away from the Flyers. They saw an opportunity and jumped all over it like ugly on a gorilla.

All League
    what about the Hitch move?

took the guys to the rink for practise, then when they got there they had a quick meeting, and he cancelled practise, made it optional skate, which most declined to take.

they all hit the beach&#33;&#33;

Great way to lead your veteran team and let them know you have complete confidence in their game. Love the move&#33;&#33; Huge dividends

All Pro
    The Lightning however, have not lost on the road in the playoffs, and they were also the best team in the league on the road.
    Philly hasn&#39;t lost at home in the playoffs...

Gonna get very interesting.