Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: don't let two months of growth fool you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Russert: The Bush-Cheney first three years, the unemployment rate has gone up 33 percent, there has been a loss of 2.2 million jobs. We've gone from a $281 billion surplus to a $521 billion deficit. The debt has gone from $5.7 trillion, to $7 trillion up 23 percent.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You forget to mention the fact that the Clinton/Lewinski Regime's economic success was largely produced by the short lived .com revolution. The economy was on the downslide when Hillary left the whitehouse.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Russert: The Bush-Cheney first three years, the unemployment rate has gone up 33 percent, there has been a loss of 2.2 million jobs. We've gone from a $281 billion surplus to a $521 billion deficit. The debt has gone from $5.7 trillion, to $7 trillion up 23 percent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe how fascinating Clinton is to conservatives...You tried to impeach for lying about head(something everyone would do)..he gets no credit for the greatest US economy..

and in return we now have the stupidist President ever...
    One who is tied to Saudi Terrorists..
    One who lied about reasons to go to war...
    One who dodged his own war..
    One who wants conservatives to own all of the media..
    Therefore every newspaper will look like the NY Post!
    One who is a puppet of the Cheney/Rumsfeld/Wolfiwtz administration..
    and one's whose hard on for Saddam HUssein has put the country at risk..e

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 10 2004, 11:24 AM
    [b] One who dodged his own war..
    [/b][/quote]
    Lets not forget the draft dodging of Lil Willy too!! Clinton also made a HUGE BLUNDER!!! HE HAD THE CHANCE TO TAKE OUT BIN LADEN AND FAILED TO DO SO. I GUESS WE CAN ALL THANK MR. CLINTON FOR 911

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The President has little to no effect on the massice beast that is the US Economy. At best, his actions and policies can effect this beast only in small ways, not grand massive sweeps. War is about the only act the president can take that effects the economy in a major scale. And even that can go both ways (possitive or negative).

Don't blame Bush for the bad first three years and don't thank him for the recent upswing, because neither are the result of his actions.

In a perfect world, the goverment does not try to effect the economy, since a Capitalist system is supposed to work based purely on supply and demand, not governmental oversight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 10 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] The President has little to no effect on the massice beast that is the US Economy. At best, his actions and policies can effect this beast only in small ways, not grand massive sweeps. War is about the only act the president can take that effects the economy in a major scale. And even that can go both ways (possitive or negative).

Don't blame Bush for the bad first three years and don't thank him for the recent upswing, because neither are the result of his actions.

In a perfect world, the goverment does not try to effect the economy, since a Capitalist system is supposed to work based purely on supply and demand, not governmental oversight. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, the Bush tax cuts have had a very large impact on the current recovery.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 10 2004, 10:24 AM
    [b] he gets no credit for the greatest US economy..

[/b][/quote]
    Because he doesnt deserve it! Nor do most presidents, but Clinton especially because he happened to be in office during the dot com boom. So yes, i dont give him credit because he doesnt deserve it.