Thread: Yup Saddam had no links to Al Quaeda

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    DAY OF INFAMY 2001
    New evidence of Saddam link to 9-11
    Czech records indicate Atta meeting with Iraqi official in Prague

Posted: May 7, 2004
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: WorldNetDaily brings readers exclusive, up-to-the-minute global intelligence news and analysis from Geostrategy-Direct, a new online newsletter edited by veteran journalist Robert Morton and featuring the "Backgrounder" column compiled by Bill Gertz. Geostrategy-Direct is a subscription-based service produced by the publishers of WorldTribune.com, a free news service frequently linked by the editors of WorldNetDaily.

New evidence about a meeting in Prague between September 11 plot leader Mohamed Atta and Iraqi intelligence officer Ahmad Khalil Ibrahim Samir al-Ani has been uncovered, reports Geostrategy-Direct, the global intelligence news service.

Investigative journalist Edward J. Epstein has uncovered Czech government visa records indicating al-Ani was posted to the Iraqi embassy in Prague between March 1999 and April 21, 2001, and was involved in handling Iraqi agents.

A search of the Iraq Embassy in Prague after the fall of Baghdad to coalition forces revealed al-Ani had scheduled a meeting for April 8, 2001, with a Hamburg student, according to an appointment calendar obtained by Czech intelligence.

Al-Ani then was placed under surveillance as he met with a young Arab-speaking man in Prague April 8.

After seeing Atta's photograph after Sept. 11, the Czech counterintelligence watcher identified the man he had seen meeting al-Ani as Atta. Al-Ani was expelled from Prague within two weeks.

According to Epstein, al-Ani denied he met Atta and repeated the denial after being detained by U.S. forces in July.

The CIA has been unable to confirm the Prague meeting between al-Ani and Atta. If confirmed, the meeting would indicate a role by Saddam Hussein's intelligence service in some level of support for the Sept.11 plot.

The current official U.S. intelligence conclusion is that Saddam's regime was not involved in supporting the Sept. 11 attacks.

According to Epstein, Spanish intelligence has uncovered information indicating Algerians Khaled Madani and Moussa Laouar supplied Atta and another al-Qaida member, Ramzi bin al-Shibh, with false passports.

Epstein's information supports other journalists who have uncovered a connection between Iraq and al-Qaida, including Jayna Davis, author of "The Third Terrorist: The Middle Eastern Connection to the Oklahoma City Bombing."

In her book, Davis suggests the September 11 attacks possibly could have been prevented if evidence of an Iraqi and al-Qaida link to the OKC bombing had been pursued.

Davis writes that in November 1997, Hussain Hashem Al-Hussaini a former Iraqi Republican Guardsman whom multiple eyewitnesses identified as McVeigh's elusive accomplice, John Doe 2 confided to his psychiatrist that he was anxious about his airport job because "if something were to happen there, I (Al-Hussaini) would be a suspect." At the time, Al-Hussaini was employed at Boston Logan International Airport, where two of the four 9-11 suicide hijackings originated.

She also reveals court records that suggest one of bombers Timothy McVeigh's and Terry Nichols's accused Middle Eastern handlers had foreknowledge of the 9-11 plot.

In addition, Davis discusses information she first uncovered eight years ago that Nichols learned the macabre genius of terrorist bomb making under the training of Philippines-based al-Qaida explosives expert Ramzi Yousef, the convicted mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

Related story:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could OKC 'silver bullet' have prevented 9-11?

New book connects the dots from Saddam to 1995 attack

Posted: April 16, 2004
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

With the nation's attention drawn to the 9-11 Commission hearings and high-level finger pointing on all sides, investigative reporter Jayna Davis' newly released book, "The Third Terrorist: The Middle Eastern Connection to the Oklahoma City Bombing," sets out a disturbing scenario of law-enforcement failures and suggests the Sept. 11 attacks possibly could have been prevented if evidence of an Iraqi and al-Qaida link to OKC had been pursued.

In her book, published by WND Books, Davis documents a compelling body of evidence that illustrates how Iraqi intelligence agents infiltrated the United States to recruit and assist Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols in the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Building evidence the FBI refused to receive from Davis and investigate in 1997. Among the many revelations are court records that suggest one of McVeigh's and Nichols's accused Middle Eastern handlers had foreknowledge of the 9-11 plot.

Furthermore, Davis documents her contention the government purposefully and willfully ignored evidence that implicated Middle Eastern suspects evidence that FBI and governmental sources believe possibly could have prevented the terrorist attacks of 9-11.

Davis writes that in November 1997, Hussain Hashem Al-Hussaini a former Iraqi Republican Guardsman whom multiple eyewitnesses identified as McVeigh's elusive accomplice, John Doe 2 confided to his psychiatrist that he was anxious about his airport job because "if something were to happen there, I (Al-Hussaini) would be a suspect." At the time, Al-Hussaini was employed at Boston Logan International Airport, where two of the four 9-11 suicide hijackings originated.

Iraq-al-Qaida link

"The Third Terrorist" strongly rebuts former Clinton aide Richard Clarke's assertion that Saddam and al-Qaida were not linked, exposing Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh as a "lily white" recruit who acted in collusion with a cadre of Iraqi soldiers.

In his book, "Against All Enemies," Clarke acknowledges he "could never disprove" that McVeigh's accomplice, Terry Nichols, learned the macabre genius of terrorist bomb making under the training of Philippines-based al-Qaida explosives expert Ramzi Yousef, the convicted mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. Davis first broke this lead eight years ago and uncovered eyewitness testimony directly linking the Kansas farmer to Osama bin Laden's chief general. According to her research, Terry Nichols and Ramzi Yousef met in the southern Philippines in the early 1990s to discuss bomb making.

Other revelations in Davis' book include:

Saddam Hussein dispatched intelligence operatives to carry out the bombing of an American federal building to avenge his humiliating Gulf War defeat.

Acting upon evidence compiled by Davis, David Schippers (former chief investigator for the impeachment of Bill Clinton) demanded a June 2001 meeting with Attorney General John Ashcroft to prevent what he prophetically termed "terrorists blowing up Lower Manhattan."

The failure to examine a Middle Eastern connection in Oklahoma City spawned an emboldened Islamic extremist entity to commit wholesale murder on a scale the world had never before seen.

What Davis calls the "proven connection" between bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

Commented R. James Woolsey, director of central intelligence, from 1993-1995: "This fascinating product of Jayna Davis' thorough and dogged investigative reporting effectively shifts the burden of proof to those who would still contend that McVeigh and Nichols executed the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing without the support of a group or groups from the Middle East."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    From your own "Proof":

[quote][b]The CIA has been unable to confirm the Prague meeting between al-Ani and Atta......

The current official U.S. intelligence conclusion is that Saddam's regime was not involved in supporting the Sept. 11 attacks.[/b][/quote]

Basically, your first article of proof is that a foreign nations unreliable intelligence force THINKS it saw a guy who might have looked like one of the 9/11 terrorists with an Iraqi Intelligence Officer. However, they have no idea what they spoke about, have no proof it was Atta (and not some other guy that looked like him, since I'm sure you know the single most unreliable and impeachable evidence in any court case is a human eye-witness, and lets be honest, one arab looks just like then next to a Czech intelligence officer).

Oh, and some of your source is the same Black Helicopter/Alien Abduction/JFK Plot conspiracy theorists who claim no WHITE MAN could have done the OK City attack, it MUST have been a IRAQI that did it all!!!

Fact is, Iraq very likely was, in some way, associated with the terrorists of 9/11. How much, or how little has yet to be proven (or even close to proven) by ANY US intelligence force. But before I decimate an entire nation (and kill over 10,000 civiallian non-combatants), I like to have a little more proof than ONE eye-witness from a second rate Eastern European intelligence agency.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 10 2004, 05:21 PM
    [b] From your own "Proof":

[quote][b]The CIA has been unable to confirm the Prague meeting between al-Ani and Atta......

The current official U.S. intelligence conclusion is that Saddam's regime was not involved in supporting the Sept. 11 attacks.[/b][/quote]

Basically, your first article of proof is that a foreign nations unreliable intelligence force THINKS it saw a guy who might have looked like one of the 9/11 terrorists with an Iraqi Intelligence Officer. However, they have no idea what they spoke about, have no proof it was Atta (and not some other guy that looked like him, since I'm sure you know the single most unreliable and impeachable evidence in any court case is a human eye-witness, and lets be honest, one arab looks just like then next to a Czech intelligence officer).

Oh, and some of your source is the same Black Helicopter/Alien Abduction/JFK Plot conspiracy theorists who claim no WHITE MAN could have done the OK City attack, it MUST have been a IRAQI that did it all!!!

Fact is, Iraq very likely was, in some way, associated with the terrorists of 9/11. How much, or how little has yet to be proven (or even close to proven) by ANY US intelligence force. But before I decimate an entire nation (and kill over 10,000 civiallian non-combatants), I like to have a little more proof than ONE eye-witness from a second rate Eastern European intelligence agency. [/b][/quote]
    I dont think this is definitive either, but its a step in the right direction. Continually people claim that Al-Qaeda has no ties with Saddam, well this is proves that there is a greater chance of them being connected than a lot of people want to believe.

I wouldnt go on and say this is the be all end all, but this is definitely SOME proof.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    worldnetdaily.com??

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

is that affiliated with the weekly world news? :D

stop it please my sides are splitting

wait wait wait i have a breaking news story - apparently George Bush has a fetish for little boys, it's true cause i read it on globewebnightly.com

:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 10 2004, 07:45 PM
    [b] worldnetdaily.com??

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

is that affiliated with the weekly world news? :D

stop it please my sides are splitting

wait wait wait i have a breaking news story - apparently George Bush has a fetish for little boys, it's true cause i read it on globewebnightly.com

:D [/b][/quote]
    What would you suggest nytimes.com? :rolleyes: