Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bottom Half Madden 2004

Since it was brought up in another thread, here are the bottom 16 teams in Madden 2004:

TEAM - OVR - OFF - DEF

DEN - 84 - 88 - 80
    TAM - 84 - 81 - 86
    NYJ - 84 - 86 - 81
    JAX - 83 - 84 - 83
    CIN - 83 - 86 - 80
    NO *- 83 - 88 - 78
    ATL - 82 - 84 - 80
    OAK - 81 - 83 - 80
    NYG - 81 - 85 - 78
    CLE - 81 - 78 - 84
    WAS - 81 - 79 - 84
    SD *- 81 - 83 - 80
    HOU - 80 - 81 - 80
    CHI - 80 - 78 - 82
    DET - 79 - 78 - 80
    ARI - 76 - 76 - 77

There you have it. Even if we dropped off the bottom two teams, you have 14 teams between 80 and 84. Some people might want to remove the falcons if we play in a league using these teams since you won't have the access to a lot of the better defenses which make containing Vick easier.

Originally posted by Jared@May 11 2004, 03:45 PM
    Since it was brought up in another thread, here are the bottom 16 teams in Madden 2004:

TEAM - OVR - OFF - DEF

DEN - 84 - 88 - 80
    TAM - 84 - 81 - 86
    NYJ - 84 - 86 - 81
    JAX - 83 - 84 - 83
    CIN - 83 - 86 - 80
    NO *- 83 - 88 - 78
    ATL - 82 - 84 - 80
    OAK - 81 - 83 - 80
    NYG - 81 - 85 - 78
    CLE - 81 - 78 - 84
    WAS - 81 - 79 - 84
    SD *- 81 - 83 - 80
    HOU - 80 - 81 - 80
    CHI - 80 - 78 - 82
    DET - 79 - 78 - 80
    ARI - 76 - 76 - 77

There you have it. Even if we dropped off the bottom two teams, you have 14 teams between 80 and 84. Some people might want to remove the falcons if we play in a league using these teams since you won't have the access to a lot of the better defenses which make containing Vick easier.
    Cleveland, jax, chicago rated higher than the Jets? BS!

LL

I'd like to see a league set up where we have people playing one team each throughout the course of the league. Also, I think we should have the pick order semi-influenced by how you did in previous leagues. IE- Vinny generally owned everyone, so he should pick last. If I win the Klecko league, maybe I pick 2nd or 3rd to last, etc.

How I'd do the picks:

Anyone who has played through a league without dropping out picks in the first group. The players who generally had the worst records pick earlier. After all previous players pick, then everyone else picks in random order.

Sound fair enough? This at least rewards the players who have managed to play through an entire season without quitting.

Originally posted by Jared@May 11 2004, 10:10 PM
    I'd like to see a league set up where we have people playing one team each throughout the course of the league. Also, I think we should have the pick order semi-influenced by how you did in previous leagues. IE- Vinny generally owned everyone, so he should pick last. If I win the Klecko league, maybe I pick 2nd or 3rd to last, etc.

How I'd do the picks:

Anyone who has played through a league without dropping out picks in the first group. The players who generally had the worst records pick earlier. After all previous players pick, then everyone else picks in random order.

Sound fair enough? This at least rewards the players who have managed to play through an entire season without quitting.
    That seems reasonable....

However, I dont think we should include atlanta in the mix...Vick is like superman...

LL

Personally I don't mind Vick, but thats probably because I normally play a 3-4 with a deep LB corps. I guess against the lesser teams, Vick would be an issue.

If we take out ATL though, we have less than 16 teams. If you want to keep an even number of teams, we can drop to 14 and that way no one is FORCED to be the cardinals.

Bitter
    Originally posted by Jared@May 11 2004, 09:54 PM
    Personally I don't mind Vick, but thats probably because I normally play a 3-4 with a deep LB corps. I guess against the lesser teams, Vick would be an issue.

If we take out ATL though, we have less than 16 teams. If you want to keep an even number of teams, we can drop to 14 and that way no one is FORCED to be the cardinals.
    Hey, I don't even know what's going on but it involves Madden so I'm in. :lol: I'll even be the Cards.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'll take The Saints or Jaguars, Those are good young bad teams.
    Is that an oxymoron?

Originally posted by huskeralk+May 11 2004, 11:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huskeralk @ May 11 2004, 11:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jared@May 11 2004, 09:54 PM
    Personally I don&#39;t mind Vick, but thats probably because I normally play a 3-4 with a deep LB corps. I guess against the lesser teams, Vick would be an issue.

Hey, I don&#39;t even know what&#39;s going on but it involves Madden so I&#39;m in. :lol: I&#39;ll even be the Cards. [/b][/quote]
    We already have our first victim&#33; Well if Husker promises to be the Cards, that leaves us with 14 teams between 80 and 84 to choose from. Not a bad selection at all, all things considered. Most teams have at least one position of strength, or one stud player, so no one is a lost cause. (Except maybe Husker&#39;s Cards...)

Anyways, I&#39;ll be happy to help set up stuff, but I don&#39;t want to do the weekly organization and record keeping (I&#39;m creative, but unreliable).

Bitter
    Eh oh, wait a minute. If it comes down to it I&#39;ll be the Cards but I wouldn&#39;t mind having the option of selecting a different team.

Originally posted by huskeralk@May 11 2004, 11:55 PM
    Eh oh, wait a minute. If it comes down to it I&#39;ll be the Cards but I wouldn&#39;t mind having the option of selecting a different team.
    Already backing out now, coward? :lol:

Bitter
    Originally posted by Jared+May 11 2004, 11:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jared @ May 11 2004, 11:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--huskeralk@May 11 2004, 11:55 PM
    Already backing out now, coward? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Naw, like I said I&#39;ll play as the Cardinals but if we actually get to pick teams they wouldn&#39;t be my first choice. :lol:

I am considering calling dibs on the Doug Flutie led chargers...

Doug Flutie was being the white Vick while Vick was in diapers&#33; B)

i&#39;ll be any team you guys give me

Originally posted by Vinny025@May 15 2004, 09:31 PM
    We&#39;ll see about the bottom half league. Remember, its all about skills in game playing...

We will attempt to pair up the better players with the worse teams and the lower tier players with the higher teams. Create a competitive balance and all players will be seeded before we begin an allocation of teams.

I dont know if we will use the bottom half teams yet but it does sound intriguing..

LL

Originally posted by latinlawyer+May 17 2004, 11:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (latinlawyer @ May 17 2004, 11:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Vinny025@May 15 2004, 09:31 PM
    We&#39;ll see about the bottom half league. Remember, its all about skills in game playing...

We will attempt to pair up the better players with the worse teams and the lower tier players with the higher teams. Create a competitive balance and all players will be seeded before we begin an allocation of teams.

I dont know if we will use the bottom half teams yet but it does sound intriguing..

LL [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve been fiddling with the Texans a bit too recently. Every team has at least a handful of good players, which means you should be able to tailor your game plan (especially on offense) to your strengths. I think I&#39;d be able to enjoy playing regardless of which team I&#39;d get (though I may projectile vomit if forced to play as the Jets... )

You know LL, it is a luxury to have Moss to bomb it to, in order to keep the defense honest, but trust me, I can play with other teams. Besides, when i&#39;m the Vikes, there is no excuse for you guys not to score at will againsed me, my defense is horrible except for Hovan.

I will gladly take the Bengals.......if we do it this way

Originally posted by Vinny025@May 17 2004, 08:58 PM
    You know LL, it is a luxury to have Moss to bomb it to, in order to keep the defense honest, but trust me, I can play with other teams. Besides, when i&#39;m the Vikes, there is no excuse for you guys not to score at will againsed me, my defense is horrible except for Hovan.
    Vinny, I have no doubt that you can play with any team out there. I have played you with the 49ers and you are just as good. I have never underestimated you because then that game would end 40-0.

Anyway, i am happy that i made it to the second round of the playoffs after starting 0-2...

LL

I have two buddies that want to join and will play their games and not quit during a season....

also what if we made it a under 85(rating) league

Originally posted by hendu24@May 24 2004, 06:44 PM
    I have two buddies that want to join and will play their games and not quit during a season....

also what if we made it a under 85(rating) league
    The Bottom half league would be just that..the bottom half (except Atlanta). We cant say well any team under 85. Basically the worst seeded player would get Denver(or who ever he wanted in the bottom half). The top seeded player would end up getting Arizona or who ever was left. Then we will play the season.

remember that once the klecko playoffs are over we will make an open call for players who WONT QUIT&#33; I hate when people quit a season...it messes up everything.

if someone quit they are barred from joining future leagues.

LL