Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those who claim the media's not liberally biased

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    How come all these networks who were falling all over each other to get pictures of the Iraqi prisoner toture (that's a fuqin joke) won't show the video of American Nic Berg being totured/beheaded?

Why won't they show the Islamic militants for the animals they are???

Why won't they show this video: [url=http://www.soulsurvivors.net/Public/iraq2vediom.wmv]http://www.soulsurvivors.net/Public/iraq2vediom.wmv[/url]?

And please...don't give me this horsesh!t that it is too graphic...it is the scum we face in today's world.

And for those who claim Al jazeera is a legitimate news organization rather than what it is (a propaganda network), how come as of this posting their website has a very small blurb on the beheading? [url=http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage]http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    well...they can't show the entire video of course...but the channels here...fox news and cnn between 5 and 6 did show parts of the video...and abc news 7 at 5 showed parts as well...they of course didn't show the beheading but they did show and translate alot of the dialogue...

so i guess you are watching the wrong channels or are watching at the wrong times...

sorry, try again...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    by the way...that was the first time i saw the entire movie...the channels were showing up to when he was put to the ground and i must say, i thought it would be worse than it was...i mean, its a horrible thing, but i thought it would be sicker...i dunno...ive seen movies of people being cut in half with chainsaws and they made me throw up and this...i dunno, i guess it just wasn't as bloody and disgusting as i thought it would be...

disgusting none the less though...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    just wondering come back...what did the news show with regards to american soldiers harming detainees that was horrible? i can't believe they showed much other than maybe a few pictures that are blurred...at least that is all i saw on the news...

im just wondering...cause i really don't watch the news much anymore, i just have happened to be at my parents house a lot in the last week or so and that is all my dad watches...news news news..

i do agree that all news stations are biased in one way or another...i just don't agree that it is always liberal...i would say it is about half and half...which is why i don't really watch it unless something huge is going on...i try to get my news on the net and just watch reruns of sitcoms like seinfeld and nick at night...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Friggin' animals...
    Rest in Peace Nick.

Now let's go get those animals.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@May 11 2004, 09:55 PM
    [b] just wondering come back...what did the news show with regards to american soldiers harming detainees that was horrible? [/b][/quote]
    That's my point exactly...the pictures were bad but it was not "torture" of Iraqi prisoners; humiliation? yes? wrong? yes toture? no. horrible? no. But they sure as hell made it seem that way?

As far as CNN; I just watched Aaron Brown- they do not show the totrue of Nick Berg- not even the guy pulling the knife.

Why is it okay to show "totured" Iraqi's but not okay to show what they did to an American?? Why won't 60 Minutes II show this video tomorrow night?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry folks, no conspiracy here.....

The simple truth is that the Ultra-Conservative FCC would not permit the broadcasting of ANY images of someone being murdered, regardless of who, or why the video is being shown. It is explicity forbidden for anyone (excpet pay cable stations like HBO) to depict real-life death like that.

This is not an admonition against conservativism, but it is the truth that the same regs that stop Howard Stern from saying &#!@ on the air, is the same reg that prohibits this video from being shown in it's complete form.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 12 2004, 12:31 AM
    [b] Sorry folks, no conspiracy here.....

The simple truth is that the Ultra-Conservative FCC would not permit the broadcasting of ANY images of someone being murdered, regardless of who, or why the video is being shown. It is explicity forbidden for anyone (excpet pay cable stations like HBO) to depict real-life death like that.

This is not an admonition against conservativism, but it is the truth that the same regs that stop Howard Stern from saying &#!@ on the air, is the same reg that prohibits this video from being shown in it's complete form. [/b][/quote]
    they showed people jumping out of the WTC.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 11 2004, 10:31 PM

This is not an admonition against conservativism, but it is the truth that the same regs that stop Howard Stern from saying &#!@ on the air, is the same reg that prohibits this video from being shown in it's complete form. [/b][/quote]
    Please...while I understand what you are saying has this stopped networks in the past? They plastered that picture of the guy in the body bag insinuating he was killed by Americans in the prison...why not show these still pictures?

[b]Warning...this is more graphic than the video![/b]

[url=http://www.620ktar.com/simons/beheading.aspx]http://www.620ktar.com/simons/beheading.aspx[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is exactly what i was trying to say...

they aren't going to show the guy get murdered...and yes between 5 and 6 cnn showed pictures of what happened before the knife was pulled and explained what happened...fox news did the same thing as did the local channel 7 abc news...they aren't going to show someone get killed...i don't know why you would think they would...

the news i saw about the american soldiers doing s**t to the iraqi prisoners was exactly the same...they didn't show anything explicit...they blurred everything and only showed the pictures that didn't show much...at least the news i watched...

and i do think it was horrible to have the prisoners pose in positions...is it as bad as killing them, no but i don't think anyone was trying to say that...and yes, i would say that is torture...but is murder torture? i would say no...torture is well, torturing someone...not killing them, but that is just my definition...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+May 11 2004, 10:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ May 11 2004, 10:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@May 11 2004, 10:31 PM

This is not an admonition against conservativism, but it is the truth that the same regs that stop Howard Stern from saying &#&#33;@ on the air, is the same reg that prohibits this video from being shown in it&#39;s complete form. [/b][/quote]
    Please...while I understand what you are saying has this stopped networks in the past? They plastered that picture of the guy in the body bag insinuating he was killed by Americans in the prison...why not show these still pictures?

[b]Warning...this is more graphic than the video&#33;[/b]

[url=http://www.620ktar.com/simons/beheading.aspx]http://www.620ktar.com/simons/beheading.aspx[/url] [/b][/quote]
    they didn&#39;t insinuating anything here...they flat out told everyone that the guy was beheaded and even said how it was done...if you think they are going to show the video on tv...well that is just plain stupid...im sorry...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=yourworstmemory,May 11 2004, 10:38 PM] [QUOTE=Come Back to NY,May 11 2004, 10:33 PM] [QUOTE=Warfish,May 11 2004, 10:31 PM] Sorry folks, no conspiracy here.....

The simple truth is that the Ultra-Conservative FCC would not permit the broadcasting of ANY images of someone being murdered, regardless of who, or why the video is being shown.* It is explicity forbidden for anyone (excpet pay cable stations like HBO) to depict real-life death like that.

This is not an admonition against conservativism, but it is the truth that the same regs that stop Howard Stern from saying &#&#33;@ on the air, is the same reg that prohibits this video from being shown in it&#39;s complete form. [/QUOTE]

[b]Warning...this is more graphic than the video&#33;[/b]

they didn&#39;t insinuating anything here...they flat out told everyone that the guy was beheaded and even said how it was done...if you think they are going to show the video on tv...well that is just plain stupid...im sorry... [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    The guy (an Iraqi) in the body bag that was supposedly killed in the Abu Graihb prison. That picture (dead dude in the body bag) has been plastered all over the news for a week.[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]they showed people jumping out of the WTC. [/b][/quote]

They showed people FALLING, not LANDING. There is a BIG difference (at least according to the FCC). I get you man, and your anger (I share it), but the media, liberal though it may be, is simply following FCC regs.

[quote][b]They plastered that picture of the guy in the body bag insinuating he was killed by Americans in the prison...why not show these still pictures?[/b][/quote]

I never saw it so any comment I make is irrelevant. But a Body (already dead) in a bag (which cannot be seen I assume, since it&#39;s IN a bag) is not the same as seeing someones head cut off.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    but he was in a body bag...you didn&#39;t see the body...you saw the body bag...today they showed pictures right before it happened...they just didn&#39;t show the guys holding the trophy head...

again same with the people jumping...you see people jumping off of s**t all the time...but you don&#39;t see their guts all over the ground, not on cable tv anyways...

im sorry, but its just not the same...

if you think they are going to show that on tv...anyone is going to show that on tv...well, you need to think, because THEY AREN&#39;T ALLOWED TO SHOW THAT s**t ON TV&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i see where you are coming from warfish.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@May 11 2004, 10:43 PM
    [b] but he was in a body bag...you didn&#39;t see the body...you saw the body bag...today they showed pictures right before it happened...they just didn&#39;t show the guys holding the trophy head... [/b][/quote]
    My ass you didn&#39;t...the body bag was open and half his body was sticking out. You could see him clear as day.

He had a bandage under one of his eyes and they (CNN) were stating that was proof he was possibly beaten to death.

So again, if they can show that they should have no problem showing some of the still photos shown on the link I posted (which is nothing more than that particular station snap-shoting the video).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    well...i dunno i guess i didn&#39;t see those body bag photos...so i dunno, i don&#39;t think they should have showed those then on tv...they definatly shouldn&#39;t have shown this video on tv...you can&#39;t risk having a little kid in the room watching it...

if they did show the other pictures...which i dunno, i still find it hard to believe...then that is what you should have a problem with, not this...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@May 11 2004, 10:49 PM
    [b] well...i dunno i guess i didn&#39;t see those body bag photos...so i dunno, i don&#39;t think they should have showed those then on tv...they definatly shouldn&#39;t have shown this video on tv...you can&#39;t risk having a little kid in the room watching it...

if they did show the other pictures...which i dunno, i still find it hard to believe...then that is what you should have a problem with, not this... [/b][/quote]
    That picture was all over tha place through this weekend...and while I agree you cannot have little kids seeing this video they have 11 o&#39;clock news and shows like Nightline.

Personally, I&#39;d rather they not show this but to me it is pure hypocrisy that they focus the news night after night on the foolish misdeeds of seven soldiers and plaster the screen with photos of what went on and will not show any of the photos of the Islamic-scum did to Nic Berg.

And again, Aljazeera has a small blip of the story on the side: [url=http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage]http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@May 11 2004, 09:36 PM
    [b] and yes, i would say that is torture...but is murder torture? i would say no...torture is well, torturing someone...not killing them, but that is just my definition... [/b][/quote]
    The murderers in that tape did torture this man...it wasnt as if they cut his throat swiftly or just shot him. They actually took their time and slowly cut his throat. Even if it is only for a few seconds, that it still torture. Any death that deals with more pain than it normally takes is a form of torture in my book

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    its just i don&#39;t think of torture as in the process of killing someone...killing is worse than torture in my book...i think of torture as like slowly cutting the body into pieces or something...he was dead within a minute so i dunno...i just don&#39;t see it the same...nothing to get worked up over...

comeback...like i said, i don&#39;t watch the news very much...i believe i saw something about that bodybag but maybe it was something else...but i definatly didn&#39;t see someone hanging out of a bodybag...and while i agree you can show worse things on the nightly news i still don&#39;t think that this should be shown on any cable tv...maybe hbo or something but c&#39;mon i know some kids who are still awake at 11 and i guess i just don&#39;t think either should be on tv...