Thread: Senator says so what about abuse

All Pro
    [url=http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/1]http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/1[/url]

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A Republican member of the Senate Armed Services Committee dismissed Tuesday the outrage over the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. troops, saying Iraqis depicted in widely broadcast photographs probably had "blood on their hands."

"I'm probably not the only one up at this table that is more outraged by the outrage than we are by the treatment," Sen. James Inhofe said during a hearing on the Abu Ghraib prison scandal.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Yes, Inhofe is a scumbag, but this belongs in the political forum.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

It was a brilliant speech and recant of that drunken-murderer kennedy.

What was most effective was Inhofe demanded if all the other alleged pictures or videos from the Abu Ghraib prison scandal are released to the public then all the pictures and videos on file of Hussiens toture of civilians and all the pictures of the mass graves must also be released.

[quote][b]What was most effective was Inhofe demanded if all the other alleged pictures or videos from the Abu Ghraib prison scandal are released to the public then all the pictures and videos on file of Hussiens toture of civilians and all the pictures of the mass graves must also be released. [/b][/quote]

With the point being (AGAIN) that because Saddam was More Evil, what our troops did was ok.

Same way the argument today is: Hey, they cut off our guys head, so we can torture them as much as we want.

Sorry man, morals and values don't work that way. The scum who killed Nick deserve the death penalty (in the harshest term), I do not (and could not) argue that point.

But it still doesn't make torture, rape or murder by US forces ok.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 11 2004, 10:36 PM
    [b] [quote][b]What was most effective was Inhofe demanded if all the other alleged pictures or videos from the Abu Ghraib prison scandal are released to the public then all the pictures and videos on file of Hussiens toture of civilians and all the pictures of the mass graves must also be released. [/b][/quote]

With the point being (AGAIN) that because Saddam was More Evil, what our troops did was ok.

Same way the argument today is: Hey, they cut off our guys head, so we can torture them as much as we want.

Sorry man, morals and values don't work that way. The scum who killed Nick deserve the death penalty (in the harshest term), I do not (and could not) argue that point.

But it still doesn't make torture, rape or murder by US forces ok. [/b][/quote]
    I don't think what our soldiers did was alright, it was wrong and they should be severely punished. Yet their misdeeds are being blown way out of proportion.

All League
    Until Americans realize that this is fundamentally a battle of GOOD vs. EVIL, all will be lost.

If you want to mentally masturbate as to whether the Iraqi's in question were abused, that's OK with me, and America can handle it. it was wrong.

But I want to see the Muslim "hearings" about whether or not Berg was subjected to unusual torture.

Since they didn't put panties on his head, does that make his execution OK?

Fanatical Muslims killed over 3000 Americans in one morning...two of whom I had the privilege of knowing. Today we get video of them beheading a non-combatant (which everyone should watch and see...a little anger is good now and then...tends to steel the resolve).

And you want me to get worked up over some abuse?

Please, use some perspective here. Imhofe had it exactly right.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

The F-ING people /animals are over there dancing on graves of our soldiers we have a couple of idiots embarass a couple of their soldires so their cut the f-ing head of one of our guys . If i`m a soldier there GOD better help the next ten prisoners I come in contact with cause I sure wouldn`t help them, We should just nuke the whole frigging lot of them & vaporize the whole stinking country ...

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@May 11 2004, 10:48 PM
    [b] I don't think what our soldiers did was alright, it was wrong and they should be severely punished. Yet their misdeeds are being blown way out of proportion. [/b][/quote]
    Who's blowing anything out of proportion? Most rational folks are simply asking that soldiers who mistreated prisoners be held responsible.

If this truly is fundamentally GOOD vs. EVIL, then stooping to their level isn't the way to go, or else we lose the supposed moral high-ground. If you want it simplified even more, two wrongs don't make a right.