Thread: Just for the record...

Hall Of Fame
    The Red Cross did not visit nor issue a detailed report about the detention facility in which Nick Berg was held.

Before I take this on a small tangent 5E, I'm not sure about the answer to your question. However, seeing the news reports, it's seems like Berg was pretty much left alone and in serious danger traveling through the M-E. When he needed to get out, it seemed he coul;d've used help.

Here's a small tangent: Did anyone else think about the tape of the Wall Street Journal reporter, when they saw the Berg story?

I'm not jewish, but I think I sense a buzz among some in Jewish community (not talked about in the mainstream media) that the severity of the Berg situation may have a lot more to do with the fact that he may be jewish, than the fact that he's American.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@May 12 2004, 12:31 PM
    [b] Before I take this on a small tangent 5E, I'm not sure about the answer to your question. However, seeing the news reports, it's seems like Berg was pretty much left alone and in serious danger traveling through the M-E. When he needed to get out, it seemed he coul;d've used help.

Here's a small tangent: Did anyone else think about the tape of the Wall Street Journal reporter, when they saw the Berg story?

I'm not jewish, but I think I sense a buzz among some in Jewish community (not talked about in the mainstream media) that the severity of the Berg situation may have a lot more to do with the fact that he may be jewish, than the fact that he's American. [/b][/quote]
    Riggo - I didn't ask a question, so I am confused a bit here....

The 'severity' of either behedding is not an issue. They were both be-headed, I think we are splitting hairs at this point. Only, Pearl's story was not trumpeting loudly and footage was not shown simply because there was no concurent [i]American[/i] abuse corollary story for Pearl's murder to be attached to. Pearl's murder was simply a small glimpse into the type of people we are fighting against and who have carried out [i]dozens [/i]of atrocities, from the Marine barracks in Lebanon that killed 200 Americans in the late 70's right up to the 1993 WTC bombing and ultimately 9-11, and the recent bombing in Spain. Berg's story is now being used as an almost justified "retaliation" against the abuses we committed, as if AQ would have given him foot masssages, steak dinners and unfettered access to XBox games had they not seen pictures of Amercians holding german shephards that were barking at detained terrorists. All along, AQ was playing according to the convention set forth in Geneva, and had assumed that we were too. Now, their righteous anger at our conduct has put them in the position of being as bad as us. Harming captives was something they had never even considered prior to seeing an detainee led around on a leash. They'll call for Rumsfeld's ouster, but never OBL's or Arafat's.

These people send their children off to bomb cafes and kill other children. They mutilate the genitals of women and stone them if they are seen in public with a man who is not their husband. If a man;s daughter is raped, he has to kill her himself because rape victims and whores are equal. It is for family "honor" and all. Allah be praised. They kill OTHER muslim arabs in Iraq, in order to create political pressure on George Bush.

the fact that Berg and Pearl are both Jewish can't just be glossed over - how many non-jewish Americans have been murdered on film?

people don't want to talk about that cause then maybe people would be forced to think about Israel and how it's existance is an affront to every Muslim in the world.

we the United States (thought the UN) displaced the Palestinian people and gave that land to the Jews. We punished Palestine for the crimes of Germany.

5E, I guess the reason I asked the question, was because I was gonna start another thread on the Berg sitution, but didn't want to flood the board with many similar threads.

I just kind of get the sense that the Berg tragedy may've been sending a dual message: One (and you are correct) to the U.S and the Bush admination to get out Iraq!

Secondly, it may've been sending a subtle message that they resent the U.S's close ties to Israel.

If Berg is Jewish, this will become the 2nd high profile beheading of a hostage and both were jewish.

I guess I'm not sure what to make of this, but am asking if others feel that Berg's public (via tape) beheading may have a lot more to do with his religion than him being an American?

Excellent point about the 2 tragedies Bit, that's what I was trying to say. Can that be a coincedence?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@May 12 2004, 12:22 PM
    [b] The Red Cross did not visit nor issue a detailed report about the detention facility in which Nick Berg was held. [/b][/quote]
    They didn't do it for Daniel Pearle either...and Pearle's beheading got a fraction of the media coverage the "artocities" the Abu Graib prison is getting!

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+May 12 2004, 12:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ May 12 2004, 12:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@May 12 2004, 12:22 PM
    [b] The Red Cross did not visit nor issue a detailed report about the detention facility in which Nick Berg was held. [/b][/quote]
    They didn&#39;t do it for Daniel Pearle either...and Pearle&#39;s beheading got a fraction of the media coverage the "artocities" the Abu Graib prison is getting&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Actually Pearle got a lot of media coverage simply because he was part of the media. Even though I think the Abu Graib prison got maybe more coverage than it deserved, Pearle also received a tremendous amount of coverage and rightfully so.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 12 2004, 12:50 PM
    [b] the fact that Berg and Pearl are both Jewish can&#39;t just be glossed over - how many non-jewish Americans have been murdered on film?

people don&#39;t want to talk about that cause then maybe people would be forced to think about Israel and how it&#39;s existance is an affront to every Muslim in the world.

we the United States (thought the UN) displaced the Palestinian people and gave that land to the Jews. We punished Palestine for the crimes of Germany. [/b][/quote]
    This is an absurd joke. Terrorists have killed [i]thousands[/i] of non-Jews.... "On film" what the hell does that have to do with anything? &#39;People just don&#39;t want to think, blah blah blah" - go play video games. ;)

The Jews have been in the ME for 5,000 years&#33; They&#39;ve been kicked out of a dozen areas and were being butchered and slaughtered in ME countries during and before the Holocaust perpetrated by Germany, right up until the very DAY Israel was created. If Israel was never created, they&#39;d still be being butchered in arab muslim countries. "Affront to Muslims." You have an amazing knack for dismissing history, facts and context when you make blanket statements like that. The Muslims took that land by force too, killing everyone who lived there before them&#33; ME countries do not allow Jews to live there. Where are they supposed to go? What &#39;rights&#39; do the Jews have in your world? Honestly, how would YOU have stopped the butchering of Jews in the ME after millions of them were recently butchered by the neighboring Europeans? How would you both protect the Jews and not "offend" the Muslims who took the Jews&#39; land from them? I guess you never "think" about the &#39;affront&#39; to the Jews all of that systematic slaughtering created, huh?

Question- why were Muslims slaughtering Jews in the ME before Israel was created? They had no &#39;affront&#39; since Israel didn&#39;t exist. Why, then, were they not tolerant of their Jewish minorites and respectful of their rights to the land that Jews had been in for five thousand years?

"Regardless 5ever, Muslims FEEL like Israel&#39;s existence is an affront to them. So it&#39;s valid. Pissing off Muslims is NEVER ok. They are trying to kill us and if we fight back, we only make things worse. No matter what, their rage is justified because it exists. Am I going to have to use that cockroach analogy again? The best way to stop a bully from beating you up to take your lunch money is to simply give him your lunch money before he&#39;s able to throw a punch. He&#39;s bound to stop taking it if you do that." :blink:

You think you are thinking for yourself, but you aren&#39;t even CLOSE. You lap up the anti-Israel propaganda as if it were the gospel truth and consider it "balance" for some reason. You have simply inverted that which you ridicule and you don&#39;t even know it. (Go ahead and type "Israel" into google, report back a few quick "facts" and some lazy analysis and call that "education.")

hugs &#39;n&#39; kisses,

george

BTW- dude, you totally have to come up to Boston for the Pats-Jets game this year. We should party :lol:

first thing is first - i will be at gillette for jets/pats

as for your post - you are right the muslims took the area by force and we took it back by force

we are for all intents and purposes JEWS to them... the Israelis had no army and no country and we gave them both -

this war is just another chapter of the crusades...

you talk about bullys but this is a situation where Muslims bullied Jews... and then WE Bullied the Muslims

there is no bigger Bully in the world than the USA.

people will say that&#39;s a treasonous statement but im proud of that.

the point is

i&#39;ve said it before i&#39;ll say it again

between Israel and Oil you have 99% of the reason why we are at war in the Middle East.

I also saw the pearl video as well. It is a disgusting scene. Berg&#39;s scene shows the guy still alive while they cut while the Pearl video shows him dead and his head being cut off. I am so tired of these terrorists. Its time to take action....F these people. They dont want us there....we dont wanna be there. Where are our saudi friends? Yeah, friends....hah hah hah...oil is getting more expensive now and we have a confrontation in Iraq where we have no reason to be there.....no wmd&#39;s were found..so what was our reason? Saddam is caught and his two sons are dead...now what?

lets just get the f out of Iraq and let them rule themselves.

Iraq&#39;s Oil infrastructure is bogus and outdated. Let&#39;s see how much of a friend these Saudis are...

Once June 30 rolls around...we should just begin the gradual vacatur of their land. I dont want another American slaughtered like Pearl or berg...that was just barbaric...

LL

[quote][b]F these people. They dont want us there....we dont wanna be there. Where are our saudi friends? [/b][/quote]

I suppose our "Saudi Friends", are too busy laughing there freaking as*s off&#33;

15 of the 19 Hi-jackers that murdered all those folks on 9-11 were from Saudi Arabia. Meanwhile, playing war games, we attack Iraq which didn&#39;t have one hi-jacker on 9-11 :blink:

[quote][b]Yeah, friends....hah hah hah...oil is getting more expensive now and we have a confrontation in Iraq where we have no reason to be there.....no wmd&#39;s were found..so what was our reason? [/b][/quote]

Good question. I keep seeing phoney neo-cons give reasons for us being in Iraq, but I don&#39;t buy any of them........Something about preserving our freedom...or setting up democracy in that rancid, america hating place??

[quote][b]lets just get the f out of Iraq and let them rule themselves[/b][/quote]

Yes. We should&#39;ve left a looong time ago. This makes no sense. With our countries borders so wide open for anybody to just walk and stay unquestioned, coupled with traitiors like Brandon Mayfield, J. Walker Lindh (ratboy), ect., we are basically just "sitting ducks" for terrorists.

However, we are politically correct, so lets pat ourselves on the back :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 12 2004, 12:50 PM
    [b] we the United States (thought the UN) displaced the Palestinian people and gave that land to the Jews. We punished Palestine for the crimes of Germany. [/b][/quote]
    So you are incinuating none of Europe had any hand in the Balfour Treaty?