View Poll Results: who plays LG this year for the JETS?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lui Fuata

7 10.45%
  • Jon Goodwin

6 8.96%
  • Adrian Jones

8 11.94%
  • Lance Nimmo

1 1.49%
  • Jason Nerys

1 1.49%
  • Brent Smith

25 37.31%
  • Knish Yovanovitz

7 10.45%
  • Brandon Westrook

0 0%
  • june 1 Free Agent

12 17.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: week 1 starting LG

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh snap i forgot Sean Young OT Tennessee...

ok anyone can write in votes as well he really is a legit sleeper in the LG race!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would like to see Lui Fuata win the LG spot. He has great talent and could steal the job, despite the devastating injury he had.

I would love to see Adrian Jones sit back, Bulk up a bit, and steal the Left Tackle spot next year. He is extremely talented; and while it may be a pipe dream, its worth the risk in my eyes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I voted for Goodwin because when he was picked up people were talking about his potential, so we will see if he is the real deal. But in reality I am interested to see how many votes the Knish gets :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see Fuata win the job. But, as a realist, I voted for Brent Smith in the poll. The coaching staff seems to like him and he's a lot more comfortable on the left side that the right. I don't see the Jets starting two inexperienced guys at G this year - they'll want to have one veteran guy in there.

Goodwin, I believe, is seen as more of a C than a G by the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Herm tends towards experience. Brent Smith gets the nod.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I expect us to bring someone in after June 1st cuts-I think Edwards will not go with a rookie or near rookie there.
    Smith is the other option to keep there which I am hoping is not going to happen

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Combine all of them and we still don't have a starter at LG.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brent Smith with the Knish backing him up. They're now saying Brent didnt do so hot at RG because he's used to playing on the left side. Well, this training camp will either prove or disprove that statement.

Goodwin will be backing up Mawae at center as it sounds, and Fuata I think is really a dark-horse, since if he's fully recovered from that injury, he can supposedly play center OR guard.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The Knish wins the job outright!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I love the knish, reality sets in and I can easily say the knish is kgone after this year, not one thing has been said about this kid nothing, since the he was kdrafted not one word, yes people liked making a club about him because of his kname but he has done knothing. Peopl need to look at Nimmo this was a great pick up off waivers from the Bucs, this kid has done nothing but excel in NFLE at tackle, yes it is the NFLE but I have watched the kid play I have NFL channel and the only NFLE games I watch are the centurions just because of Nimmo, I have watched every snap he has taken and have been impressed, again yes it is NFLE but this kid has heart determination and he can either finish off a block or get infront of the guy long enough for the back or qb to do his thing. People need to realize that we got a steal in Nimmo and I thini that he will be one of the front runners to win the job, I think it will be made even easier for him on account that he is playing Tackle now and he will move to the guard spot over here, which means less lateral movement is needed and I can see his style of blocking is road grader so please Knish fans take a look at Knimmo

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was Muchado cut???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFan1[/i]@May 14 2004, 09:11 AM
    [b] Was Muchado cut??? [/b][/quote]
    Machado walked as a free agent.

My dark horse is Nyers. As a 1-AA guy I could see him slipping under the radar even if he is very good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know who it is going to be, but I don't believe he is a member of the Jets yet.

Hope they do better then they did last year with the guard FA. They seem to have done pretty well so far in the off season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Nimmo has a lot of value as a backup tackle right now. We can't take ALL our tackle prospects and move them to guard just because we have a hole there :lol:

Hey, Im a Knish fan, but I dont see him beating out Smith for a few reasons, most notably that experience counts for a lot with Herm, and in the NFL in general.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    bump

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit, Herm seems hell-bent on Smith ... don't ask me why ... seems to be having another one of his Lewis/Jones brain-cramps

I'm hoping one of these kids makes it impossible to deny him ... reaches out and grabs this job by the throat ... turns it into an absolute no-brainer ... cause that's what it usually takes when Herm gets locked-in on some veteran scrub

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@May 15 2004, 12:23 AM
    [b] Bit, Herm seems hell-bent on Smith ... don't ask me why ... seems to be having another one of his Lewis/Jones brain-cramps

I'm hoping one of these kids makes it impossible to deny him ... reaches out and grabs this job by the throat ... turns it into an absolute no-brainer ... cause that's what it usually takes when Herm gets locked-in on some veteran scrub [/b][/quote]
    We agree again JG+H.... I don't know why they love Smith so much at guard. He'd make a decent swing tackle. Just read in JC that Goodwin is taking all his reps at center. I'd rather see a June 1 free agent definately, and if not, see if Yogi can handle it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly was the injury to Lui Fuata? Thanks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the real question is who will start at right? Im sure Brent smith will win the job at left but not sure about Brandon Moore at right

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The key question that needs to be answered before we can intelligently discuss our post- 6/1 FA signings is:
    After allotting $1.2 million for signing our rookies, how much 2004 cap space do we have left on 6/2? (if any). Answer that question first and then we can talk about who is available now ( and then).