Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Concert you ever seen?

[quote][i]Originally posted by peepemtom[/i]@May 14 2004, 10:15 AM
    [b]
    BEATISE BOY AND RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE CONTENITAL ARENA [/b][/quote]
    Didnt that concert get cancelled because Mike D broke his arm in a bicycle accident downtown the day before the show??

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by mreis171[/i]@May 14 2004, 10:33 AM
    [b] 1. Springsteen in 1984 at Giants Stadium [/b][/quote]
    AMEN.

I love the Chili Peppers but STP floored them that tour.

Waterloo - sniff miss that place- so many shows so long ago...
    Palooza 1&2
    Phish
    Horde
    Crawfest
    FGH

Jets Insider VIP
    3)Pink Floyd at Tampa Stadium in 1977..........clouds were pink (honestly)!

2)Steely Dan in St. Pete (1995)..........they rarely toured. This was part of a 5-6 city tour they did that year. Center row tickets about 12 rows from stage.

1)Moody Blues in Barcelona (1999). They played at the Royal Palace in Barcelona (with the Barcelona Symphony Orchestra) for a special event, less than 2000 people. We were in front of the stage dancing (my wife made me). Incredible event.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[b]This Concert right here:[/b]

[img]http://www.led-zeppelin.org/multimedia/photos/group49.jpg[/img]

[b]Led Zeppelin- the only band that matters, opening night at the Garden, 6/7/77. I was 13 years old and sitting in the tenth row. I have the ticket stub in a frame right above me here in my office![/b]

Rage Against the Machine at Roseland over 6 years ago.

[quote][i]Originally posted by mreis171[/i]@May 14 2004, 10:33 AM
    [b] 1. Springsteen in 1984 at Giants Stadium
    2. Pearl Jam at Randalls Island in 1996, still defying TicketMonster at the time
    3. Phish, MSG, New Year's eve 1995/96 [/b][/quote]
    I was at the Pearl Jam Randall's show and I have to say that was a great great show. I really like the U2 Achtung Baby tour as well...saw them 3 times. Page & Plant as well as Page and the Black Crows were pretty special, as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by mangojet[/i]@May 14 2004, 10:49 AM
    [b] Rage Against the Machine at Roseland over 6 years ago. [/b][/quote]
    I was at that show in '96- sick. I had a ball banging people in the pit.

I had a ball banging people in the pit.

repubs are so g_y

All Pro
    Best concerts I've ever seen?

1. Depeche Mode 101 at the Rose Bowl

2. U2

3. Rage Against the Machine

Wu-Tang & Rage Against The Machine.

Ol Dirty Bastard was released from jail that morning so they had a nice little welcome home for him on stage.

great show.

I know it is the offseason, but did we not already have this thread? :rolleyes:

Theater of Pain Tour - Motley Crue.
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Van Hagar
    Deep Purple
    Aerosmith

Hall Of Fame
    U2 at the Meadowlands in 2002 was pretty great when the had all the names of the WTC victims on the banners going up to the ceiling and Bono pulling open his leather jacket with the American flag in it's lining.

America has still not forgotten at that point.

Hall Of Fame
    Red hot chilli peppers in 2003
    Lollapalooza 2004( janes addiction,AUDIOSLAVE, incubus, BOY SETS FIRE ON THE SIDE STAGE!)
    Pearl Jam 2003 ( on my b-day)
    Staind with sevendust roseland ballroom 2003
    Sprite Liquid mix tour (311 , jay z , hoobastank, n.e.r.d.)
    a perfect circle 2 weeks ago

im only 15 but i been to over 30 concerts the last 2 years. some bands i wish i could of saw in there day would be sublime , rage against the machine and stone temple pilots. i missed out on tool in 2002 because i was on vaction so next tour i will def. be there .

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@May 14 2004, 10:47 AM
    [b] [b]This Concert right here:[/b]

[img]http://www.led-zeppelin.org/multimedia/photos/group49.jpg[/img]

[b]Led Zeppelin- the only band that matters, opening night at the Garden, 6/7/77. I was 13 years old and sitting in the tenth row. I have the ticket stub in a frame right above me here in my office![/b] [/b][/quote]
    1)I still have the program from that tour !!!,I just dug it out of some old stuff from the past !!!!!
    I really thought that tour was in '98 for some reason whenever I spoke of that show I always said it was in '78 ??but the back of the program say's 1977

that was the 2nd big show I seen !!!! with the 3-D pyramid of laser lights with Page in the center playing
    of the revolving pyramid !!!!

I also was pretty young at the time !!! {i'm 40 now :D }

with that program was also programs from.....
    2)the Who in '79 with drummer Kenney Jones at the Garden !
    3)Renaissance !!!at the city center no date on program {probably '78}if I had to guess} though I don't guess well :D
    4)Genesis at the Rockland field house {again no date on program ?}this was the An then there was three tour,{as the general admission doors opened....we were throwing around a frisbee and all of a sudden....I was literally OFF my feet lifted a good foot in the air and moving toward the doors,{thank god I was able to duck !!}
    5)Yes tour of '78 {Tourmato}Garden
    6) Stones in '89 at Shea
    7) the Who in '98 at Giants Stadium
    8) though not a concert the 36th annual NHL all star game !!! {Don Malony won the MVP :D }

I'm so glad I saved these things !!!

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    My favorite, because it was outdoors and all day was MONSTERS OF ROCK 1988 in San Francisco at the then Candle Stick Park. Kingdome Come(sp?), Dokken, Metallica, Scorpions, and Van Halen finishing off. The Scorpions actually put on the best show. They all rocked though. Oh man I had a blast....oh the days.........

I saw Pink Floyd a couple times and I thought they were quite boring. Lots of cool lasers though but I thought it was boring. By far the most BORING concert I ever saw was Boston in 1988. It was at the Worcester Civic Center in Mass. They stood still all concert and played their latest album, song by song in a row. Sounded good but it sounded just like the album.
    Of course, the Stones were pretty awesome in Foxboro 1988-89???

you know who was pretty cool.....BB King in Providence, RI (1989???) in a little club called the 'Living Room'. That little club was awesome. Low cover and they had bands such as the Ramones, BB King, Blue Oyster Cult...think it burned down I heard. Anyway, BB king.......He was smooooth and the show was awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Pearl Jam at Nassau and Pnc Bank in 2003...ridiculous show. I happened to buy tickets behind the band at Nassau, thinking it was going to suck, but it turned out we were closer than most people were in the back. Between those two shows, they played basically every song I wanted to hear: Dissidence, Yellow Leadbetter, etc. I mean god, they even did Hungerstrike. Granted it was with Slater Kinney who sucks, but it was still amazing to hear it.

Echo and the Bunnymen!

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@May 14 2004, 11:19 AM
    [b] I know it is the offseason, but did we not already have this thread? :rolleyes:

Blue Oyster Cult
    Van Hagar
    Deep Purple
    Aerosmith [/b][/quote]
    If this was a duplicate Smizzy would have certainly pointed it out.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman+May 14 2004, 04:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Maxman @ May 14 2004, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PFSIKH[/i]@May 14 2004, 11:19 AM
    [b] I know it is the offseason, but did we not already have this thread? :rolleyes:

Blue Oyster Cult
    Van Hagar
    Deep Purple
    Aerosmith [/b][/quote]
    If this was a duplicate Smizzy would have certainly pointed it out. [/b][/quote]
    Filling in for Smizzy today...PFSIKH.

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=21317&hl=best]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.ph...t=21317&hl=best[/url]