Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Concert you ever seen?

[quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@May 14 2004, 12:06 PM
    [b] If this was a duplicate Smizzy would have certainly pointed it out. [/b][/quote]
    You know me....Mr.Rules :rolleyes:

AFI @ the roselands in NYC.... one of the most energetic live shows ever. just recently in ap magazine i belive? they were put up in the top 50 live bands ever.... along w/ led zepplin and other legendary bands.... this is definatley a band to go see live...

also another very talented band that is up and coming Avenged Sevenfold... just saw them a few weeks ago @ the chance in Poukipsee NY.... one of the most talented bands around right now.... anything of thiers is worth d/ling or buying however u prefer to get your music... and the scary this is thier only 20 years old... thrash metal/hardcore influences... and they idolize guns and roses and megadeath.... so imagine metal w/ nice singing and choruses.... its sick s**t!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

1. pearl jam 9/11/98 MSG
    2. radiohead fall 2001 MSG
    3. phish 2/28/03 nassau

Rush - Darien Lake 1997

Followed by numerous other Rush, Jethro Tull and Stevie Ray Vaughan shows.

Hall Of Fame
    yea brody man i went to tweeter center show july 5th and msg show july 9th for me i didnt have such luck with EVERY song but i heard what i wanted to hear except jeremy and hunger strike . it would be amazing to see temple of the dog reunite and do hunger strike one last time

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by thechadzone10[/i]@May 14 2004, 11:42 AM
    [b] yea brody man i went to tweeter center show july 5th and msg show july 9th for me i didnt have such luck with EVERY song but i heard what i wanted to hear except jeremy and hunger strike . it would be amazing to see temple of the dog reunite and do hunger strike one last time [/b][/quote]
    Yea a Temple of the Dog reuinion would be simply amazing. But I dont see it happening cause Cornell and Vedder arent too fond of each other <_<

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan+May 14 2004, 02:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TheBrodyMan @ May 14 2004, 02:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--thechadzone10[/i]@May 14 2004, 11:42 AM
    [b] yea brody man i went to tweeter center show july 5th and msg show july 9th for me i didnt have such luck with EVERY song but i heard what i wanted to hear except jeremy and hunger strike . it would be amazing to see temple of the dog reunite and do hunger strike one last time [/b][/quote]
    Yea a Temple of the Dog reuinion would be simply amazing. But I dont see it happening cause Cornell and Vedder arent too fond of each other <_< [/b][/quote]
    did temple of the dog actually even ever play a show together? i thought they just got together to cut an album in rememberance of Andrew Wood and moved on.. wasn&#39;t really a band, per say..

Forgot to add Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds @ Radio City 3/03 amazing accoustic set

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shuler82+May 14 2004, 11:50 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shuler82 @ May 14 2004, 11:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -TheBrodyMan@May 14 2004, 02:48 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--thechadzone10[/i]@May 14 2004, 11:42 AM
    Yea a Temple of the Dog reuinion would be simply amazing. But I dont see it happening cause Cornell and Vedder arent too fond of each other <_< [/b][/quote]
    did temple of the dog actually even ever play a show together? i thought they just got together to cut an album in rememberance of Andrew Wood and moved on.. wasn&#39;t really a band, per say.. [/b][/quote]
    Yea they just got together for that one album...wouldve loved to hear some of their live stuff, but they werent in it to perform. Have to get much respect for a band that gets together just to make an album for their friend, without worrying about profits

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFan1[/i]@May 14 2004, 01:54 PM
    [b] Greatful Dead
    ANY YEAR ANY STADIUM

No set lists, just jamming until they get tired. [/b][/quote]
    I was at that show&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    yea they played one of the earlier lollapalooza&#39;s

Practice Squad
    REM at the Ritz in 1984 or 85 when it was general admission and people got hurt pushing to get close to the stage so REM stopped it early but the show was awesome

honorable mention goes to

U2 - after 9/11 and Joshua tree tour
    S & G - the free one in the park
    RHCP - they rock and are only getting better 20 years in
    Bruce - Giants Stadium - 1985 - 1/2 twist and shout encore

hmm The Who/Clash at Shea in 1982 was pretty good.

best heavy metal show: Possessed/Dark Angel at CBGBs 1986 tied with any Slayer show at LaMours in the 80s

best recent show: Radiohead last tour - from the PIT

a few years ago: Nine Inch Nails - Downward Spriral tour - Trent throws his synth and knocks out the drummer

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NYRAGE[/i]@May 14 2004, 01:02 PM
    [b]

best heavy metal show: Possessed/Dark Angel at CBGBs 1986 tied with any Slayer show at LaMours in the 80s

[/b][/quote]
    Did you hear that Lamours closed down? Man, even though the shows there have sucked recently, it is a pretty historic metal club.

Hall Of Fame
    Teddy Pendergrass (BV) at the Westbury Music Fair, not so much for the music, but for what he did for the babe I was with.

She could not WAIT to get to the motel, and for that, Teddy, I will always be grateful.

[quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@May 14 2004, 11:58 AM
    [b] Pearl Jam at Nassau and Pnc Bank in 2003...ridiculous show. I happened to buy tickets behind the band at Nassau, thinking it was going to suck, but it turned out we were closer than most people were in the back. Between those two shows, they played basically every song I wanted to hear: Dissidence, Yellow Leadbetter, etc. I mean god, they even did Hungerstrike. Granted it was with Slater Kinney who sucks, but it was still amazing to hear it. [/b][/quote]
    I was at the PNC Show last year and thought it was over when they walked offstage after a couple of encores. The we heard them break into Hunger Strike, and they let us go back inside since the gates were wide open. I never expected to hear that song, so I could live with Sleater Kinney joining in. Man, they sucked opening up for PJ, though.

Rookie
    1) GrandMasterFlash & the Furious 5 @ Drumlin&#39;s CC in DeWitt, NY., circa 1982.
    Flash on the wheels, absolutely incredible. He made me & everybody else in the room want to be DJ&#39;s.

2) NYC Fresh Fest @ Rochester War Memorial/Nassau Colliseum, circa 1988; RUN-DMC, Whodini, LL, Douglas E. Fresh & Get Fresh Crew, EPMD, etc.

[quote][i]Originally posted by NYRAGE[/i]@May 14 2004, 01:02 PM
    [b] best heavy metal show: Possessed/Dark Angel at CBGBs 1986 [/b][/quote]
    Have you any idea how envious I am?

Best concert for me was my first. Acid Reign/D.A.M. at the Swan Inn, Drogheda in 90. Stage diving, Crowd invasions, Postman Pat, the stage breaking twice...truly classic night.
    Other notables:
    The No Mercy Fest London, 2003.
    Bloodstock Festival, Derby, 2002.
    Exodus in Mulcahy&#39;s, Wantagh a couple of weeks ago (same night as Metallica in Nassau Coliseum coincidentally).
    Nuclear Assault, CBGB&#39;s 2002
    Entombed/ The Haunted, Dublin 2000
    Judas Priest/Annihilator, SFX, Dublin 91 (last night of the Euro Painkiller tour).

All League
    *** U2&#33; ***

MSG (October 2001 w/ touching 9/11 tribute)
    Yankee Stadium

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Black and Blue Tour-Black Sabbath with Blue Oyster Cult