Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bollinger

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    anybody as nervous as i am... if anything happens to pennnington were in big trouble

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, if Chad gets hurt, we're up a certain creek without benefit of a paddle. Hopefully, Ricky Ray will win the backup job. I'd like to see what he has, since I all ready know Bollinger sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, bollinger scares the crap out of me too, hopefully we're wrong and he'll turn out to be a stud

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "hopefully we're wrong and he'll turn out to be a stud"

I hope your right...but i woulod wager alot that he will never amount to anything.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If any Starting Quarterback get injured, the super bowl is out of the question! Our Team is no different then any other. MAYBE 5 teams in the nfl have good depth at the QB position, ande even that may be a reach.

The Rams, titans (which is a reach), Cincinnatti, washinton, & cleveland have decent to good Backup QB positions where they can be successful playing a backup QB if need be.

However, the only team that i can see going to Super Bowl w/ a backup QB is the Rams. Marc Bulger and Kurt Warner are inter-changeable in my eyes, & in my opininion they have the best supporting cast of any of the teams listed.

They would be COMPLETELY lucky to go the Super Bowl if an injury happended to their Starting QB, but they have the best shot at it happening if it did happen.. IMHO

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    ide like to see them cut bollinger,, and pick up a vet back up like hmmm steve berline, not sure if thats the correct spelling ..but i always thought he was pretty good,and i know he was released a few days ago

Veteran
    Cirencester ENGLAND Capital of the Cotswolds
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody knows how Brooks would react if he had to play. The NFL is full of stories of players who weren't expected to do great things.

Steve Largent, Dennis Byrd, Wayne Chrebet,
    Doug Williams (2nd time around) Steve Tasker,
    Kurt Warner,

I'm sure that people thought the same about Chad two years ago, look how that turned out.

Give the guy a break, if we need him to play the least we could do is give him the chance to do well. He may not take that chance, but ... nobody knows.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    bollinger's a scrappy guy, played real well at wisconsin, but relied more on craftiness and toughness than a good arm or accuracy (which are kinda important). But the way everyone had fought for Ricky Ray and the hype surrounding him leads me to believe he's got backup locked up. But nobody's seen him, so who the hell knows.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still want Jeff Blake back what a perfect B/U he'd make

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When they took Bollinger, I kind of went WTF? I have to admit that he had a much better preseason last year then I expected.

He showed a much stronger arm then advertised, good accuracy, and remained cool under pressure, and he was under pressure ALOT, the Jets 2nd string O line last year sucked..

With that said, I can't help having visions of 1999, with Rick Mirer trotting out onto the field.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember the Hostetler Giants?? Also the Trent Green Rams - Vermiel broke down - they then went with Warner. Never know how a back up will do - it comes down to the preparation and the players game readiness.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    In fairness, we don't know at this point what Bollinger can or can't do...this season his second year will be more telling. I'm looking forward to seeing him and Ray in camp and preseason.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of developing young QB's who can run our system. If there was a really good WCO vet around, I'd be fine with that, but Hackett needs guys who he thinks are a fit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll never forget that preseason game last year..the dude showed promise at camp he was threading everything even through the needles eye..gave the safety FITS! I tell YA! I was there!

He gets into real game action! and fold like a model tent! chit..he reminded me of Kenny "Duck" O`Brien. :o We`ll see how he does this season..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFutureGM[/i]@May 15 2004, 02:03 AM
    [b] If any Starting Quarterback get injured, the super bowl is out of the question! [/b][/quote]
    *Cough* '01 Pats *Cough*

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Bollinger smarter than Pennington? According to the coaches, Chad wasn't ready after two years in Hacketts WCO. How would Bollinger possibly be ready in one?

Now, as it turns out, the coaches were wrong then. Are they wrong now, to assume Bollinger is ready to be the backup?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    bollinger i agree with jetdawg - great practice player, but in the game he couldn't even hold on to the ball - he was dreadful

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One question where do you find an experienced QB that doesn't expect to at least compete for the starting Job. Don't recall Bollinger getting snaps in a regular season game. Would like to see him with the starters. May be wrong but would still like to see how he reacts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a second year player, the JETS really need to have a watchful eye over Bollinger because he now has Ricky Ray to compete with. Maybe this challenge will propel him even more during camp and the pre-season games.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    our #2 guy should have some starting reg. season expierence and i`m not talikng about 1 or 2 snaps when the starter gets knocked out for 1 or 2 plays either ,we need a guy who`s started and compleated at least 1 season somewhere maybe couch.......