Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R. Williams

williams tested positive for marijuana for the second time
    just saw it on espnews...this would kill da fish

Link?

I cant find it anywhere.

BZ

Hall Of Fame
    Dolphins | Williams Faces Fine For Violating Substance Abuse Policy - from [url]www.KFFL.com[/url]
    Fri, 14 May 2004 15:00:39 -0700

The Palm Beach Post reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams faces a $650,000 fine for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. This was Williams' second violation since joining the Dolphins in 2002. Williams is appealing the fine that the NFL forced when a drug test he took on Dec. 10, 2003, was positive for marijuana. Another failed test would result in a four-game suspension for Williams.

linked [url=http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/news/0514ricky.html]http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/conten.../0514ricky.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    What do you expect from a guy who graduated from one of the top weed colleges in the nation? :blink:

Thats right, my University of Texas is one of the top burnout schools in the country...God Bless Texas :lol:

What do you expect from a dewbag who has a tattoo of Bob Marley.

He better get the Josh Evans treatment from the league or I'll be pissed off.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyjetsmac[/i]@May 14 2004, 05:59 PM
    [b] williams tested positive for marijuana for the second time
    just saw it on espnews...this would kill da fish [/b][/quote]
    The NFL is much too lenient on players breaking the Substance Abuse Drug Policy because this is his second infraction and he still doesn't get suspended from any games.

Ricky’s claim is that when he tested positive he was dehydrated and so he feels that it doesn’t mean he was smoking weed and that's his case.

why was my post deleted?

he always seemed like a hippy w/ those dreads :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad[/i]@May 14 2004, 07:11 PM
    [b] he always seemed like a hippy w/ those dreads :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Are you judging a book by its cover?.... :o :o

Hall Of Fame
    great news, and BTW he aint got no mo dreads playa

Suspentions (and testing at all) for Marijuana use is one of the most politically correct and retarded things in the entire NFL. Fact is, Pot does NOT help a player play better, does not effect the players abillity to perform (or the entire NBA would suck, right?) and is none of the NFL's business. They get away with it becasue the public just doesn't get it that Pot is NOT any worse than Alcohol or Cigarettes or McDonalds fast Food.

Sorry, I know I am injecting my political views on this one, but to me it is simply rediculous to suspend a player for toking a joint. It just doesn't effect the player on teh field, unless of course they smoke before the game itself (which would be like drinking before the game, which is NOT tested for).

I know most of yall will slam me for this view, but I just think this is wrong.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 14 2004, 10:30 PM
    [b] Suspentions (and testing at all) for Marijuana use is one of the most politically correct and retarded things in the entire NFL. Fact is, Pot does NOT help a player play better, does not effect the players abillity to perform (or the entire NBA would suck, right?) and is none of the NFL's business. They get away with it becasue the public just doesn't get it that Pot is NOT any worse than Alcohol or Cigarettes or McDonalds fast Food.

Sorry, I know I am injecting my political views on this one, but to me it is simply rediculous to suspend a player for toking a joint. It just doesn't effect the player on teh field, unless of course they smoke before the game itself (which would be like drinking before the game, which is NOT tested for).

I know most of yall will slam me for this view, but I just think this is wrong. [/b][/quote]
    agreed.

pot isnt a big deal.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 14 2004, 08:30 PM
    [b] Suspentions (and testing at all) for Marijuana use is one of the most politically correct and retarded things in the entire NFL. Fact is, Pot does NOT help a player play better, does not effect the players abillity to perform (or the entire NBA would suck, right?) and is none of the NFL's business. They get away with it becasue the public just doesn't get it that Pot is NOT any worse than Alcohol or Cigarettes or McDonalds fast Food.

I know most of yall will slam me for this view, but I just think this is wrong. [/b][/quote]
    yeah its not like sniffin an 8 ball at half time is it???

-Mark Gastineau

Personally, Id rather see a player sitting at home smoking a joint than going out and drinking and driving, or sitting in a crack house.

BUT these guys know the rules, and unless the rules change any time soon, which ain't happening, they have to abide by them.

[quote][b]BUT these guys know the rules, and unless the rules change any time soon, which ain't happening, they have to abide by them.
    [/b][/quote]

Very True. While it's wrong IMO to test them, the rules ARE the rules, and players need to live by them. I just wish Pot wasn't tested for. I think it's wrong. (other Drugs, like Coke and Heroin are fine, as they are deadly and have severe physical and physcological effects).

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 14 2004, 08:36 PM
    [b] [quote][b]BUT these guys know the rules, and unless the rules change any time soon, which ain't happening, they have to abide by them.
    [/b][/quote]

Very True. While it's wrong IMO to test them, the rules ARE the rules, and players need to live by them. I just wish Pot wasn't tested for. I think it's wrong. (other Drugs, like Coke and Heroin are fine, as they are deadly and have severe physical and physcological effects). [/b][/quote]
    so does weed, I've gotten stoned and banged some unlikely choices if I were sober and the physcological effects were terrrrrrible

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+May 14 2004, 08:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mean Bro Green @ May 14 2004, 08:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@May 14 2004, 08:36 PM
    [b] [quote][b]BUT these guys know the rules, and unless the rules change any time soon, which ain&#39;t happening, they have to abide by them.
    [/b][/quote]

Very True. While it&#39;s wrong IMO to test them, the rules ARE the rules, and players need to live by them. I just wish Pot wasn&#39;t tested for. I think it&#39;s wrong. (other Drugs, like Coke and Heroin are fine, as they are deadly and have severe physical and physcological effects). [/b][/quote]
    so does weed, I&#39;ve gotten stoned and banged some unlikely choices if I were sober and the physcological effects were terrrrrrible [/b][/quote]
    So true&#33; :o

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[b] Suspentions (and testing at all) for Marijuana use is one of the most politically correct and retarded things in the entire NFL. Fact is, Pot does NOT help a player play better, does not effect the players abillity to perform (or the entire NBA would suck, right?) and is none of the NFL&#39;s business. They get away with it becasue the public just doesn&#39;t get it that Pot is NOT any worse than Alcohol or Cigarettes or McDonalds fast Food. [/b][/quote]
    i agree re: the effects, but it&#39;s an employer-employee issue - i think it&#39;s more related to image (it being illegal, abd for kids, etc.) than performance.

i think it&#39;s better for you than mcdonalds, but it&#39;s definitely a stepping stone to mcd&#39;s and harder fast foods :P

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by isired+May 14 2004, 08:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (isired @ May 14 2004, 08:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@May 14 2004, 08:30 PM
    [b] Suspentions (and testing at all) for Marijuana use is one of the most politically correct and retarded things in the entire NFL. Fact is, Pot does NOT help a player play better, does not effect the players abillity to perform (or the entire NBA would suck, right?) and is none of the NFL&#39;s business. They get away with it becasue the public just doesn&#39;t get it that Pot is NOT any worse than Alcohol or Cigarettes or McDonalds fast Food. [/b][/quote]
    i agree re: the effects, but it&#39;s an employer-employee issue - i think it&#39;s more related to image (it being illegal, abd for kids, etc.) than performance.

i think it&#39;s better for you than mcdonalds, but it&#39;s definitely a stepping stone to mcd&#39;s and harder fast foods :P [/b][/quote]
    chicken mcnuggets...the gateway snack :lol: